Amplitube Listing of Gear

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My personal favs which I hope applies to the OP.

Fender 2, The British collection, the OCD, the Pinnacle, the new BM Treble booster. I have one of the Mesa's, and it's good (the 4????? ) but the Fender 2 and BC were done after the AT4 code so I think they sound more realistic. Not sure if I'm right, but that is how I fell about it.

Bombadil wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 pm
matv wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:38 pm
And mock all you want...
I will. Not that I need your permission.
I wasn't giving permission. I was pointing out your business naiveté and how we'll keep successfully marketing our products, but appreciate your input nonetheless (and glad it seems to make you feel like a "cool kid" around here). Sorry if that wasn't clear.

telecode wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:10 pm We list specifically what is in AmpliTube 4 via the "Gear" link on its product page. Click Gear (or visit https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear directly) and you'll see at the top of the page:
What's inside

AmpliTube 4 all about hyper-realistic tone and hyper-realistic playing feel.

You get:
  • 10 Stompbox Models – Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
  • 9 Amplifiers – 5 Classic British Amps: Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve Pre, plus American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
  • 10 Cabinets – 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x12 Brit 30, 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
  • 29 vintage and modern individual speaker models
  • 4 Microphones – Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
  • 2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
  • 2 Tuners – UltraTuner plus a Fully chromatic rack tuner
If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.
Seems pretty clear and specific to me, then you can use the interface below that to check what is available otherwise. It also explains what's new in AmpliTube 4 right below the above...

And mock all you want, you may get a chuckle or two on a forum but we're a business and businesses use marketing. It's not exactly shocking, and realism is something that we're known for - and why we're sought after directly by many of the manufacturers and artists whose gear we've modeled (we should probably market that more too - how we're often the ones approached based on reputation, and people knowing about our products through - gasp, you guessed it - marketing).
Thanks for the reply Peter. This explains it well.
And sorry to veer off topic there, but on topic... I'm going to see if there's any way to fit this or at least the list on the main AmpliTube 4 page logically. It seems to get skipped on the Gear page, where people go straight to the dropdowns which serve their purpose but not this purpose.

Oh bullshit, Peter. Don't call me names. I know what marketing is, and I also know how over the top your company's hyperbole is. Get more fibre in your diet. Dude.
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:22 pm Oh bullshit, Peter. Don't call me names. I know what marketing is, and I also know how over the top your company's hyperbole is. Get more fibre in your diet. Dude.
Leave Peter alone Keef Teresa!!! I am fully enjoying the AT4 and Fulltone new toys I got.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:01 pm
telecode wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:14 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:10 pm We list specifically what is in AmpliTube 4 via the "Gear" link on its product page. Click Gear (or visit https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... php?p=gear directly) and you'll see at the top of the page:
What's inside

AmpliTube 4 all about hyper-realistic tone and hyper-realistic playing feel.

You get:
  • 10 Stompbox Models – Acoustic Sim, Chorus, Flanger, Opto Tremolo, Delay, Wah Pedal, Diode Overdrive, Compressor, Graphic EQ, Volume Pedal (can be controlled by external controller)
  • 9 Amplifiers – 5 Classic British Amps: Brit 8000, Brit 9000, Red Pig, Brit Silver and Brit Valve Pre, plus American Tube Clean 1, American Tube Clean 2, British Tube Lead 1, Solid State Bass Preamp
  • 10 Cabinets – 4x12 Brit 8000, 4x12 Brit 9000, 4x12 Red Pig, 4x12 Brit Silver, 4x12 Brit 30, 4x10 Open Vintage, 1x12 Open Vintage, 2x12 Closed Vintage, 4x12 Closed Vintage 1, 1x15 Bass Vintage
  • 29 vintage and modern individual speaker models
  • 4 Microphones – Double Dynamic 57, Dynamic 57, Condenser 414, Condenser 87
  • 2 Rack Effects Units – Digital Delay & Parametric EQ
  • 2 Tuners – UltraTuner plus a Fully chromatic rack tuner
If you currently own any versions of AmpliTube, all of your gear can be integrated into AmpliTube 4 by using the “restore my gear” feature in the Custom Shop. Plus, you can add any gear to your virtual guitar/bass rig at any time, day or night, with just a few simple clicks of your mouse.
Seems pretty clear and specific to me, then you can use the interface below that to check what is available otherwise. It also explains what's new in AmpliTube 4 right below the above...

And mock all you want, you may get a chuckle or two on a forum but we're a business and businesses use marketing. It's not exactly shocking, and realism is something that we're known for - and why we're sought after directly by many of the manufacturers and artists whose gear we've modeled (we should probably market that more too - how we're often the ones approached based on reputation, and people knowing about our products through - gasp, you guessed it - marketing).
Thanks for the reply Peter. This explains it well.
And sorry to veer off topic there, but on topic... I'm going to see if there's any way to fit this or at least the list on the main AmpliTube 4 page logically. It seems to get skipped on the Gear page, where people go straight to the dropdowns which serve their purpose but not this purpose.
While you are at it, tell them perhaps the manual could get some reorgs done.

So when one is reading through the manual, perhaps include in which collections the item is included in. So when one is reading stomp box T Rex... How can one tell which collection it is available in?

BTW .. I enjoyed the Fulltone read. O actually learnt something new there and I have been a big Landau and Chorus fan forever.

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:20 pm
Bombadil wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:22 pm Oh bullshit, Peter. Don't call me names. I know what marketing is, and I also know how over the top your company's hyperbole is. Get more fibre in your diet. Dude.
Leave Peter alone Keef Teresa!!! I am fully enjoying the AT4 and Fulltone new toys I got.
Fanboi. :lol:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

telecode wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:22 pm While you are at it, tell them perhaps the manual could get some reorgs done.

So when one is reading through the manual, perhaps include in which collections the item is included in. So when one is reading stomp box T Rex... How can one tell which collection it is available in?

BTW .. I enjoyed the Fulltone read. O actually learnt something new there and I have been a big Landau and Chorus fan forever.
Thanks for that suggestion too. And yes, there are some gems in there and I would like more of the stories told for a lot of the gear we have and have modeled (including handbuilt units at least one of which we have modeled, or odd pedals - one is in a coconut shell - and such we haven't, etc). It is all very interesting to many and may make the chore of diving in to RTFM a bit more enjoyable :)

Hey IK,

If you wanted to do something useful for a change you could action putting an IK-forsaken volume pedal in AmpliTube iOS. How many years has it been now? IK managed to release the Axe I/O, iRig Stomp, and BlueBoard with CC pedal support and yet implemented neither a volume pedal effect nor assignable global input or output volume control in the iOS app. New effects and amps come out with some regularity but no volume pedal — It’s ludicrous! It’s a common enough pedal to warrant inclusion (just compare to your competitors) yet it has been ignored. IK customers paid money for this product. I’ve seen it mentioned on the IK forum yet nothing has happened to remedy it. And obviously nobody at IK actually uses the products or they’d know about problems like this.

Dimebag Darrell is dead so he can’t argue much but does Brian May know that you sell an IAP with his name on it in an app that has hamstrung functionality as compared to other iOS Amp/FX sims?

Anyway, I could give you 10 (or more) examples of IK brain farts :dog: (the SampleTank 4 release scandal comes to mind...) but you’ve had enough interactions with members of this forum and elsewhere to know very well about the various IK issues over the years.

So when can we expect that volume pedal? :clap:

Vaultnaemsae wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:44 pm Hey IK,

If you wanted to do something useful for a change you could action putting an IK-forsaken volume pedal in AmpliTube iOS. How many years has it been now? IK managed to release the Axe I/O, iRig Stomp, and BlueBoard with CC pedal support and yet implemented neither a volume pedal effect nor assignable global input or output volume control in the iOS app. New effects and amps come out with some regularity but no volume pedal — It’s ludicrous! It’s a common enough pedal to warrant inclusion (just compare to your competitors) yet it has been ignored. IK customers paid money for this product. I’ve seen it mentioned on the IK forum yet nothing has happened to remedy it. And obviously nobody at IK actually uses the products or they’d know about problems like this.

Dimebag Darrell is dead so he can’t argue much but does Brian May know that you sell an IAP with his name on it in an app that has hamstrung functionality as compared to other iOS Amp/FX sims?

Anyway, I could give you 10 (or more) examples of IK brain farts :dog: (the SampleTank 4 release scandal comes to mind...) but you’ve had enough interactions with members of this forum and elsewhere to know very well about the various IK issues over the years.

So when can we expect that volume pedal? :clap:
Fwiw, I am/was a Amplitube iOS iPad user and recently started using the desktop product. If you have a desktop, you may want to try the desktop version. I am finding it works quite different than the iOS version. It works quite stable on OS X so far.

ooh bit of hyper realistic snark there peter :o :lol:

Return to “Guitars”