slate digital now ilok free

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

too little too late

And what sense will all of this sort of propaganda without real resolution to the problem will solve at the end? even if you don't need the dongle you still are dependent of the company in order to "your supposed plug-ins you paid for" to work. you will not be free from the company and "your license" is entirely Ilok/Pace possession; do you want to keep safe "your licenses"? pay an annual fee to Ilok/Pace. Or get a dongle that might cost more than 8 time a single flash drive, very disgusting practices; at least Izotope really seems to hear their costumers and do something about all of this, because it offers better varieties of option to save your license in any flash drive of your choice independently of greedy entities like Pace.

anyway...
iLok Cloud is available to all Everything Bundle members.
Perpetual users need to have an iLok 2 or an iLok 3 to use Slate Digital plugins.

Anyone know if the ML-1 virtual mic will go ilok cloud too??

@junsev

Funny, said by someone using a system extremely dependent on the mercy of a company. A company who even requires you to signup for an account on their servers just to create a password for your "own" system.

And as for plug-ins. What if a plug-in from a developer you find "good" stops working and the company who made it is no more. You'll sit with a useless serial. And sway...wha - Freedom ?

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am
I'm not angry but this is usual annoying Slate hype and for him to suggest that they have been listening like they would really care, is pretty disingenuous.

Slate has been literally the first developer to jump on every negative iLok thread on GS to shill for Pace/iLok. And the times he has said that they will never drop the iLok/dongle have been innumerable.

The simple fact is that in the age of 29$ plugins they have probably been loosing sales to competition due to extra cost and annoyance of dongle protection.
You are absolutely right and this is a scam. Stunt and a scam. Usual slate.

This is still ilok needed just not the dongle.

Very misleading and wrapped under "we listen".

(s)Late Digital

JunSev wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:41 am And what sense will all of this sort of propaganda without real resolution to the problem will solve at the end? even if you don't need the dongle you still are dependent of the company in order to "your supposed plug-ins you paid for" to work. you will not be free from the company and "your license" is entirely Ilok/Pace possession; do you want to keep safe "your licenses"? pay an annual fee to Ilok/Pace. Or get a dongle that might cost more than 8 time a single flash drive, very disgusting practices; at least Izotope really seems to hear their costumers and do something about all of this, because it offers better varieties of option to save your license in any flash drive of your choice independently of greedy entities like Pace.
Yes, software can and will eventually not be compatible if it's not updated, Some software A LOT later than others, but if one really wants to use the software, they can go to the lengths of using emulators to install and run an older OS. So in that sense, you really can run the software if need be.

The point is that a company shouldn't make things even more difficult for the customer. If a company is using copy protection that makes the customer dependent on either them, or a third party such as Pace, then they are really screwed regardless of the possibility of running the older software on emulators.
You are currently reading my signature.

plexuss wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:26 am I used to hate the idea of iLok dongles. but once I was forced into getting one, now I really like it. prerfer it even. :phones:
As someone who’s setting up a new computer and reinstalling plugins, I will admit that it does save some time vs. the manual activation for majority of my collection.

Thankfully I don’t do this chore very often.

sfd wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:09 pm @junsev

Funny, said by someone using a system extremely dependent on the mercy of a company. A company who even requires you to signup for an account on their servers just to create a password for your "own" system.

And as for plug-ins. What if a plug-in from a developer you find "good" stops working and the company who made it is no more. You'll sit with a useless serial. And sway...wha - Freedom ?
Your argument is very wrong if you are trying to defend practices like this. For instance, The fact that I have to register or sign up for a product doesn't make me (in an absolute sense) dependent of a company in order to the product to work; ones is creating an account and password, no problem if ones is receiving his keys/code/license independently if the company will be there in the future or not. All of that is completely the opposite of what Systems like Ilok does, because you are dependent and "your licenses" is owned by Pace/Ilok.

And why my plug-ins will stop working? If I buy a plug-in as it is (I demo and see how they behave, I don't know if you do), I can continue using those plug ins even if is not compatible with the next generations of operative system, you already should know there are virtual machines and even plug-ins that allows other incompatible plug-ins to work in many daws and many systems, I can run different versions of a operative systems in one pc and a lot of more options that opens this possibility.

Don't try to compare different things like this really, with all respect.
Last edited by JunSev on Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Where is the "I don't give a flyin' f***" button?

Yeah that's right because when developers actually give people what they ask for, such as dropping iLok dongle, it in absolutely in no way means they listened to the people. All a coincidence I'm not gonna fall for it. And people never change they're minds about anything ever, nope no way, if they do, it's a trick don't fall for it. #iLokManBad!

kmonkey wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:36 pm
robotmonkey wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:21 am
I'm not angry but this is usual annoying Slate hype and for him to suggest that they have been listening like they would really care, is pretty disingenuous.

Slate has been literally the first developer to jump on every negative iLok thread on GS to shill for Pace/iLok. And the times he has said that they will never drop the iLok/dongle have been innumerable.

The simple fact is that in the age of 29$ plugins they have probably been loosing sales to competition due to extra cost and annoyance of dongle protection.
You are absolutely right and this is a scam. Stunt and a scam. Usual slate.

This is still ilok needed just not the dongle.

Very misleading and wrapped under "we listen".

(s)Late Digital

Just trying to demo the tape plugin.
It seems you need the dongle to demo it still.
Won't activate on my machine...

popmoney wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 pm Just trying to demo the tape plugin.
That's because they have not really dropped Pace/iLok.

All the plugins still need physical dongle. You can use iLok Cloud, eg the always connected to the internet version, for your everything bundle subscription.

So Slate hyping it like they have done a huge service to their customers is complete BS. And you just fell for it, congrats.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:19 pm
popmoney wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:26 pm Just trying to demo the tape plugin.
That's because they have not really dropped Pace/iLok.

All the plugins still need physical dongle. You can use iLok Cloud, eg the always connected to the internet version, for your everything bundle subscription.

So Slate hyping it like they have done a huge service to their customers is complete BS. And you just fell for it, congrats.
What u on about Willis ? I " fell for it " ? You are making assumptions based on no evidence.

Can we talk about how cringey that video was though??

Return to “Effects”