Diva Delay...

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah except it doesn't show where triplets are. :P

Howard wrote:
sqigls wrote:the Diva delay is fine if you have a bit of free time to sit there guessing and listening.
Except that you don't have to guess, you just have to learn once. The time settings in Diva's delay don't restrict values to certain multiples of 16ths and triplets, and are therefore better IMHO (apologies, Hive...). If you truly master it once, the penny should drop and you should appreciate the advantages.

Say you want a ping-pong with a quarter plus an 8th note triplet in one channel, and 7/16ths in the other. You must admit that's quite a complicated "request", and as far as I know you can't do it at all in most other synths. In Diva you would set 'Left' to 4 + (4/3) = 5.33, then 'Center' and 'Right' both to 7.00. Easy-peasy. After you've learned that, of course you can start experimenting with different 'Center' values ;-)
How about adding a little calculator to Diva? Would make advanced delay calculation à la U-he easier for the not-maths... :o

Just kidding.. :D

Musically values were a nice improvement though..."Say you want a ping-pong with a quarter plus an 8th note triplet in one channel, and 7/16ths in the other" - I'm sure that we all use those 'interesting' values on a daily basis... :lol:

Urs wrote:I like how it's done in the Plugmon skin, where the delay times are set with sliders which display note lengths along the path.
Yeah exactly, even just some symbols on the GUI would make it much faster and less mathematic. Math is kewel, but it's not really conducive to the general right-brain flow.

sqigls wrote:
Urs wrote:I like how it's done in the Plugmon skin, where the delay times are set with sliders which display note lengths along the path.
Yeah exactly, even just some symbols on the GUI would make it much faster and less mathematic. Math is kewel, but it's not really conducive to the general right-brain flow.
You could also just click and close your eyes, like it was done in the olden days :hihi:

Just stumbled across this weird way of specifying delay times in Diva. Maybe someone has use for the table I made for translating note durations into delay multiples.

Code: Select all

note duration			diva delay multiple

straight	16th		1	16	1
dotted		16th		1,5	16	1,5
triplet		16th		1	24	0,666666667 (not possible)

straight	8th		1	8	2
dotted		8th		1,5	8	3
triplet		8th		1	12	1,333333333

straight	4th		1	4	4
dotted		4th		1,5	4	6
triplet		4th		1	6	2,666666667

straight	half		1	2	8
dotted		half		1,5	2	12
triplet		half		1	3	5,333333333

Howard wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm and are therefore better IMHO (apologies, Hive...).
But Hive's delay features a Diffusion and a Width parameter ... :party:

Chris-S wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:30 pm
Howard wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:33 pm and are therefore better IMHO (apologies, Hive...).
But Hive's delay features a Diffusion and a Width parameter ... :party:
And Pan as a hidden Matrix Target...

... which it did not in 2017 :oops:

Return to “u-he”