Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I get the beach ball when I try to add Numerology 4 (64-bit AU) to a track in MacOS 10.12.4 or when I load a project with Numerology on a track.

Works as expected in T7.

jens wrote:PluginAlliance MegaSingle VST64bit randomly crashes Tracktion on Win10.
I just spent about 45 minutes playing with MegaSingle VST 2 (64bit): running stuff through it, recording live, sampling all the presets, and didn't experience any crashes. Perhaps the issues were cleared up in the latest beta?

(Waveform Version 8.1.0 (Built: 25 April 2017) (64-bit), Win10)
iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7
Radeon Pro 580 8 GB
Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 3rd Gen
Waveform 11 Pro/Studio One Pro 3.5

spoitras wrote:I get the beach ball when I try to add Numerology 4 (64-bit AU) to a track in MacOS 10.12.4 or when I load a project with Numerology on a track.

Works as expected in T7.
What version of Numerology are you using? I just downloaded 4.2 (build 170) and it seems to work ok?

While trying the midi plugs with the "midi render" function I tried to load catanya (http://www.kvraudio.com/product/catanya ... ns/details), a great little plug for some quick automatic accompaniement patterns and it just wont load.

I have used this plug a lot though it is a while since last time but I am nearly sure it had worked nice in all former Tracktion versions (I am a user since the good old T2 days), and I am nearly sure it worked in T7. I know it is not actively develloped but there is nothing comparable (leave me alone with nora, cthulhu, b-step and alike, I just want a bass, piano, guitar accompaniement quick and easy and something I can understand) though it would be nice if you could have a look.

EDIT: just checked, loads without problems in T7
catanya.jpg
EDIT1: now its getting kind of really strange: just as a joke I jbridged the 32 bit version of catanya and this one loads in waveform.....so this is definitely a waveform BUG with the 64bit version, PLEASE FIX !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dRowAudio wrote:Hi everyone, over the next few weeks we're going to be focusing on plugin compatibility as it appears there have been some regressions since T7.

I'll be trying to collate the issues posted here with status updates as we fix things so you can verify they work on your system as well as ours.

If you experience issues or crashes please either post your log files here (or send them to support) so we can get right to the root of the problem. Please also give a description of the problem and what architecture (32/64 bit) and plugin format you're using (VST/VST3/AU).
Just discovered several SONiVOX plugins that will not respond to any MIDI input. They will playback MIDI clips just fine, but if I assign a MIDI controller that works on another track to any one of these, the track input meter flashes to acknowledge MIDI data, but there is no response from the synth.

All VST, both (32/64 bit). Windows 10 Pro 1607 x64. Waveform 8.1.2 both (32/64 bit)

SONiVOX Wobble
SONiVOX Twist
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Brass

These two respond slightly, but only without any sustain at all, even on a sustain articulation patch.

SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Strings
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Woodwinds
Windows 10 and too many plugins

Waveform 8.1.2 x86, windows 10 x64 1703
"Latin Set 1.0" plugin (http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?id=2103) crashes after enable distortion and chorus.

After update to 8.1.2 I have problems with most of synth/sample plugins, they just don't produce any sound. And something strange: I have sound on old midi tracks with sonatina orchestra, but haven't on old track with sonatina percussion or on new tracks at the same project edit.

UPD: it's not sonatina percussion, it's SnareBuzz https://www.kvraudio.com/product/snareb ... vesfactory
But their SK10 works well.

I couldn't get halion sonic 3 SE to be scanned in waveform. The VST3 version got scanned and ended up deactivated (red letters in the plugin manager), the VST2 version gives this warning while scanning: "The host application Waveform 8 (64-bit).exe did not reload the plugin HALion Sonic SE.dll properly. Please restart the host."

If you want to test it, halion sonic SE is available for free here, albeit with no soundsets: https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pa ... _free.html

Edit: forgot to add, I'm on Windows 10 64 bit, using 64-bit Waveform 8.1.2

I am trying to use the sidechain function of Cytomic "The Glue" compressor. It works fine when the sidechain is not used, but does not seem to be getting any input from the source track when set to sidechain. This worked fine in 7. As yet I have not tried using the old method of using rack instances to accomplish the same thing.

zzz00m wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:Hi everyone, over the next few weeks we're going to be focusing on plugin compatibility as it appears there have been some regressions since T7.

I'll be trying to collate the issues posted here with status updates as we fix things so you can verify they work on your system as well as ours.

If you experience issues or crashes please either post your log files here (or send them to support) so we can get right to the root of the problem. Please also give a description of the problem and what architecture (32/64 bit) and plugin format you're using (VST/VST3/AU).
Just discovered several SONiVOX plugins that will not respond to any MIDI input. They will playback MIDI clips just fine, but if I assign a MIDI controller that works on ano

These two respond slightly, but only without any sustain at all, even on a sustain articulation patch.

SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Strings
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Woodwinds
Just experience the same problem with my copy of SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Strings.
Win 8.1 64bit Intel i3 16 gb ram
Windows 10 / Intel core i7 2700k @ 3.50GHz / 16GB Ram / Emu 1212m Sound Card / Ati Radeon HD5400 Series G/Card

Anybody using Vengeance plugins i have found better usage using VST 2.4. So far certain VST 3 seem to cause a inevitable crash error that can freeze a project and lock you out if you dont save a copy of your project. I will edit this post to list the exact plugins later...

I couldn't get halion sonic 3 SE to be scanned in waveform. The VST3 version got scanned and ended up deactivated (red letters in the plugin manager), the VST2 version gives this warning while scanning: "The host application Waveform 8 (64-bit).exe did not reload the plugin HALion Sonic SE.dll properly. Please restart the host."
Honestly I think it's some Cubase Error - I tried to used my older Absolute VST+ with Halion Sonic 2 - I get the same VST3 errors and had to use VST 2.4 but still some of the Cubase instruments weren't loading. Sonic 2 loads and works but now have an issue saving patches to the projects - it just defaults and loses the some of tweaking - even after saving as a new preset.

geqfreq wrote:
Honestly I think it's some Cubase Error - I tried to used my older Absolute VST+ with Halion Sonic 2 - I get the same VST3 errors and had to use VST 2.4 but still some of the Cubase instruments weren't loading. Sonic 2 loads and works but now have an issue saving patches to the projects - it just defaults and loses the some of tweaking - even after saving as a new preset.
It worked fine in cubase (well, naturally) and ableton live. Live only use the VST 2.4 version. It loaded without giving me that error message.

I have multiple VST synths that reset to the default patch in a sound bank as soon as it hits the end of a MIDI clip unless I freeze the track. Tracktion 7 also suffered this issue early on, so it seems like a (very unwelcome) regression.

I have multiple VST synths that reset to the default patch in a sound bank as soon as it hits the end of a MIDI clip unless I freeze the track. Tracktion 7 also suffered this issue early on, so it seems like a (very unwelcome) regression.
They need to fix the issue then. Pretty ridiculous - Because from the program dropdown it does seem to see the program path of the synth used on that channel. - I will try to verify from Halion Sonic 2 this weekend -See if that is part of the issue.

Good to know freezing works here!

Return to “Tracktion”