playing live on sunday, camberwell, london

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

blah
Last edited by splattabreakz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

:lol: If you look like that i'll probably avoid you!

i'll be the pale short arse in my customary black with spiky hair and glasses with a big home-made 'I :love: K-v-R' badge. OK that last bit was a lie.

blah
Last edited by splattabreakz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

pb-sh wrote:
vurt wrote:any manc gigs planned for the future 8)
where in mancland are you?

up north near the gardeners arms in moston :D
you?

Rochdale originally, wrong side of Chester (ie North Wales) now.

Well, a big thanks to Mr Arkadin for turning up. Cheers again mate. :) It's a shame more folks didn't turn up, but there did seem to be a lot going on that night.

I've recorded the set, and I'll get it encoded and uploaded. It was very similar to the last set track-wise, but with a couple of new ones added. I thought the set went down well for those who were there - and it was nice to actually see a couple of strangers turn up especially to see me (a first for me)! Woohoo!

It would have been nice to see a few more people there, but it was good fun and I made a few new friends in the process. Had a lovely BBQ beforehand with some homemade sangria, which was also great as the weather was mostly nice apart from the brief spot of rain.

Upload in a bit...

pb-sh wrote:Rochdale originally, wrong side of Chester (ie North Wales) now.
aaarrrggghhh! Me too! (Rochdale I mean)

Chris Ochre wrote:Well, a big thanks to Mr Arkadin for turning up. Cheers again mate. :) It's a shame more folks didn't turn up, but there did seem to be a lot going on that night.

I've recorded the set, and I'll get it encoded and uploaded. It was very similar to the last set track-wise, but with a couple of new ones added. I thought the set went down well for those who were there - and it was nice to actually see a couple of strangers turn up especially to see me (a first for me)! Woohoo!

It would have been nice to see a few more people there, but it was good fun and I made a few new friends in the process. Had a lovely BBQ beforehand with some homemade sangria, which was also great as the weather was mostly nice apart from the brief spot of rain.

Upload in a bit...
Whilst we're waiting for you to upload your set, would you mind telling us what goes into your home-made sangria? (seriously!)

To tell the truth I had no idea what went into it. Had lots of chunky fruit pieces. Tasted nice though... :)

Chris Ochre wrote:To tell the truth I had no idea what went into it. Had lots of chunky fruit pieces. Tasted nice though... :)
oh well - my quest continues... :D

Okay, I've uploaded an .ogg of my set here. Hope you like it. :)

Always good to meet people from this virtual world in the flesh. Unfortunately lots of the crowd were having a meal during your set and arrived after. Typical. Might have to seriously look into Ableton Live after hearing what you can do with it. Don't want to pigeon-hole you too much but had a sort of Aphex meets Orbital meets Photek sort of sound going on.

As to the sangria, i am on a detox at the moment and had to drink water all night :cry:

Look forward to your next London gig.

All the best,
Mr A

Chris, I've only listened to about 10 minutes of your performance so far, but that's some really cool shit. Thanks for sharing!

blah
Last edited by splattabreakz on Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
galaxy rayyys! powerful.

Mr A - that sounds like a fair assessment of the set, sure. Yeah, I haven't used Ableton much, but I'm certianly won over by its stability and ease of use. Plugins like Supatrigga certainly help for some on-the-fly beat rearranging too.

Adam - thanks a lot for listening. :)

Splattabreakz - no probs mate, I'll hopefully have plenty more gigs lined up in London in the future.

Cheers guys. 8)

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”