Archetype Instruments Lokomotiv feedback

Talk about all things "KVR Developer Challenge" related.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Lokomotiv

I really love this synth! Love the minimalist concept.. few controls but wide range of sounds.. I particularly like pushing the Drive in combination with small doses of Hard Sync, which allows for nasty basses.. I think this synth fits in the "get me a good sound fast" category..

Well done Developers! :)

The GUI looks a bit like Phuturetone's Phutura IMO

n/m

A nice sounding synth that looks really nice, but a cpu hog for people who don't have the best processor or tons of ram :(
:tu: All is good

I just want say my congratulations to Archetype Instruments, very warm synth!

jazRock wrote: I particularly like pushing the Drive in combination with small doses of Hard Sync, which allows for nasty basses..
That's how to release the beast from the dungeon :)

Thanks for your words!

Turello wrote:I just want say my congratulations to Archetype Instruments, very warm synth!
Massive gratitude!

Numanoid wrote:n/m
I don't :)
And thank you for letting me know the plugin with nice GUI :tu:

DrewDale wrote:A nice sounding synth that looks really nice, but a cpu hog for people who don't have the best processor or tons of ram :(
we couldn't test Lokomotiv with lower cpu processor. :dog:
would you please inform me of your system for cpu optimisation?

ARC5 wrote: we couldn't test Lokomotiv with lower cpu processor. :dog:
Here's mine: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz / Memory: 3072MB RAM / Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit.

5 instances would drive the CPU around 50 - 60 %, but there were times when it would spike to 75 %. Overall the CPU hit IMO is a bit better than Arc5 (I can't handle more than 2 instances without rendering to audio).
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

ARC5 wrote:
DrewDale wrote:A nice sounding synth that looks really nice, but a cpu hog for people who don't have the best processor or tons of ram :(
we couldn't test Lokomotiv with lower cpu processor. :dog:
Intel Pentium Dual Core 2.0Ghz / 2GB Ram / 32 bit OS windows 8.1. Once instance of this synth is hitting 35-40% on some patches I am hitting 50% + I still have to test it on my laptop that has more ram & processor power, will update on that when I install on it :)

Update - Penium 4 on my laptop with 4GB Ram, most patches are hitting 25-30% plus for some reason on Windows 7 the synth is not transmitting note off messages (even if I turn the Sustain and Release to zero) :?

FL Studio 11+
:tu: All is good

When I try to "Save Preset Changes", it kills my DAW every time. I've tried it about 10 times and each time my DAW automatically says "Not Responding" and I'm forced to close.

I'm on Win 8 32-Bit using FL Studio 11.1.0

Thanks! This synth is solid otherwise! Great sound!
[Insert Signature Here]

Numanoid wrote:The GUI looks a bit like Phuturetone's Phutura IMO

Kinda, not really.
[Insert Signature Here]

idfpower wrote:
jwchoi wrote: That's why we prevented the preset folder change in installer. But that dialog is for just preset file.
You may change the plug-in folder at next step.
I don't know exactly why you thought that would be a good idea, but I don't like any installer that insists on adding stuff to my computer's C disk (no matter how small). I keep everything on a different drive (including my vst folder and all) so it's very annoying. That's part of why I hate installers in general - a dll is more than enough.
Agreed. Because of this, the presets are not showing up and most likely is the reason why this synth crashes my DAW when I click "Save Preset Changes"...
[Insert Signature Here]

bailees7irish wrote:
Agreed. Because of this, the presets are not showing up and most likely is the reason why this synth crashes my DAW when I click "Save Preset Changes"...

Could you please run your host as administrator right and try it again?

Return to “KVR Developer Challenge 2023”