Spire: Problems and trouble shooting help

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm just wondering which is the preferred method for sampling the CPU heavy patches of it, I'm using the automated VSTi sampling method of DirectWave and it's working nicely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROoPtv9g5Q but dunno maybe there is a better one, any advice ? :)

So no info on where to install banks on mac?

xbitz wrote:I'm just wondering which is the preferred method for sampling the CPU heavy patches of it, I'm using the automated VSTi sampling method of DirectWave and it's working nicely http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ROoPtv9g5Q but dunno maybe there is a better one, any advice ? :)
If you use the 32 bit dll you can do it with discoDSP highlife too. Also doable with Renoise. Don't know which one gives best results. I have to try Directwave (now that I own it :) ).

Currently in the middle of a frustrating situation..

I had a 30 day trial of Cubase 7 (Full version) where I began to write a song, using many instances of Spire

trial time expired and I shelved the song for a couple of months

Recently (perhaps a mistake?) updated Spire to a newer version and unlocked a Cubase 7 Artist license (using the same install of Cubase 7 with which I started the song) then proceeded to load my old song files...

Tracks using Spire sound way off.. in most (all?) cases it is a completely different patch it seems.

Thankfully I made individual track renderings of the song chorus before the Full version trial was up so I can compare.

Any ideas?

I'm not even sure what version of Spire I was using before or, even if I did, how to get it back. :(

VitaminD wrote:Currently in the middle of a frustrating situation..

I had a 30 day trial of Cubase 7 (Full version) where I began to write a song, using many instances of Spire

Recently (perhaps a mistake?) updated Spire to a newer version and unlocked a Cubase 7 Artist license (using the same install of Cubase 7 with which I started the song) then proceeded to load my old song files...

Tracks using Spire sound way off.. in most (all?) cases it is a completely different patch it seems.

Thankfully I made individual track renderings of the song chorus before the Full version trial was up so I can compare.

Any ideas?

I'm not even sure what version of Spire I was using before or, even if I did, how to get it back. :(
Just type the version you were using as a replacement to the current download link.
You are currently reading my signature.

huh?

1. Go to reveal-sound.com.

2. Copy the download link for the version you want.

3. Edit the URL by replacing the version number of Spire with the version number you were using.

4. Download.
You are currently reading my signature.

djanthonyw wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Currently in the middle of a frustrating situation..

Any ideas?

Just type the version you were using as a replacement to the current download link.
How do I know which version I want?

Besides, what you suggested I don't see how it would be applied. The download link to spire never has ever had a mention to the version number in it.

UPDATE: It is me, not Cubase or Spire. :lol:

I was opening the wrong file.. I apparently started a second song off of the first and must have altered the spire patches in it..

I found the original song files today.. they sound as they should.

Glad I was wrong, I was considering crying. :hihi:

How do I know what the Fine knob is doing in CENTS?
also, PLEASE can you provide a master tuning in Hz!???!

As related on September 27 2013 via support email, the problem below still persists after two releases. Any news about the fix?

Spire (1.0.6 / 1.0.7 / 1.0.8) is constantly crashing when I try to midi learn a control. It happens on Logic 9.1.8 (latest 9 version). This can be reproduced since previous versions, so I don't believe it has nothing to do with the latest implementations of the last two builds (1.0.5, 1.0.6).

Steps to reproduce:

- click the midi learn button
- click the knob (cuttof 1 in my case)
- turn a knob in the controller
- Logic 9 crash immediately
- It doesn't happen in Logic X

Honestly i don't think it's a minor problem since it crashes the DAW. Hope to see the fix really soon.

Regards

Bug report:

Logic 9.1.8 can not load more than 17 instances of Spire:

- On Logic 9.1.8 create 20 channels of software instruments
- Go to mixer View
- Drag to select all 20 software instruments
- Insert Spire stereo
- The following message appears: "Failed to load Audio Unit "Spire", please contact the manufacturer for an updated version or further assistance."
- Notice that only channel loads the Stereo instance of Spire

Hope to see a fix soon

Best Regards

One more bug report

On Logic X (10.0.4) the GUI freezes

- Open the GUI of Spire inserted in one channel
- midi learn the cuttof 1
- when you turn the knob on midi keyboard the interface freezes after few movements
- the sound still responds
- if you close the GUI window and reopen, it works back again

Once again, hope to see a fix soon.

Best Regards

Hi,

Tested Spire in version 0.9.x yesterday. Heavy crackling noise sometimes. Upgraded the n to the
latest version (OSX) with the same results: crackling noise and therefore unusable in my current project.
Is this something that's still on your fix list?
Do other users have similar problems?
I've played around with buffer settings in Logic 9, but no changes.
Sometimes the crackling is not so present, but without any connection to buffer settings.

best

dewulf
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Quad core i7
plenty of RAM
plenty of SSD
OSX Lion 10.7.5
Logic 9.1.8

dewulf wrote:Hi,

Tested Spire in version 0.9.x yesterday. Heavy crackling noise sometimes. Upgraded the n to the
latest version (OSX) with the same results: crackling noise and therefore unusable in my current project.
Is this something that's still on your fix list?
Do other users have similar problems?
I've played around with buffer settings in Logic 9, but no changes.
Sometimes the crackling is not so present, but without any connection to buffer settings.

best

dewulf
MacBook Pro Retina 15" Quad core i7
plenty of RAM
plenty of SSD
OSX Lion 10.7.5
Logic 9.1.8
I could be wrong but it really seems like a buffer issue, did you try with 256 or above? In the past when i had a Core2Duo machine I used to hear this crackling noise when my cpu was maxed out. But since you have a i7 processor it doesn't seem to be the case.

I never had this kind of issue with Spire on my Mac (running Logic)

Did you try in other DAW?

Return to “Reveal Sound”