Geosonics

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Loving this so far. Out of curiosity Is there a list of who designed which sounds anywhere?

no, we're keeping that a secret! personally i find it distracting when a synth or library shows the author of each preset, so we're not doing that. the preset library should stand on its own as one set of sounds, not different sounds from different authors, if you see what I mean.

James

Hi guys, just wondering if there's a way to edit and loop specific portions of the natural recordings from within the instrument? So for example say I want to take a short sequence of clicks from a longer slice and create a loop that cycles while holding a key. I guess you have to get under the hood in Kontakt's wave editor but wondered if you had built anything into the instrument interface to do this?

Looks like an amazing instrument. I lost count of the number of times I said wow while watching the videos!

You can do that if you have the full version of Kontakt. It's not possible within Kontakt Player. You can set the start time from the front panel, but not loop positions... for looping you would need to go under the hood. But yes, you can do it if you want.

cheers
Dan
Soniccouture

i just re-read your question and realised you don't have the product yet - so yes, you CAN edit different portions of the natural recordings, in that they are sliced into 127 different start points in the instrument, and each part can have it's own filter, LFO, EG settings. however, as i said above, looping is only possible under the hood as it's not implemented on the front panel.

Cool, thanks!

Just another quick question... Is it possible to use the IR's without the instrument? So could I use the IR's in Kontakt's convolution reverb to process my own sounds?

Yes, this is possible if you have Kontakt.

I would love to have this, but the price puts out of my reach.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.

I've got a curious problem with Geosonics. I installed it as per instructions. Opened Kontakt and had to put my serial in a wee SC window that popped up, not the service centre. So now every time I open Kontakt I have to Add the library as it isn't there. Once added there is no registration request but it works fine and is unlimited. It does not show in Service Centre. Once Kontakt is closed the library vanishes until I add it again...
He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels.

Hi,
email us via the site, we can provide you with an XML file that will resolve this issue.

James

Thanks, have done so
He who has rejected his demons badgers us to death with his angels.

Counting the hours till payday for this, sounds right up my street.
And can I be pedantic and highlight a couple of typos? Sorry. I work in the publishing industry, and typos are my obsession. Under the Swamp stuff, the words Venezuela, environments and microphone are spelled wrong.
As I say, sorry!
It is my cross to bear.

:(
PT10, SonicCouture, PSP, FabFilter Pro-L, Kontakt5, HollowSun, Cinematique, VSL, Celemony, Absynth5, Battery3, EWQL, IvoryGrand, Arturia, B4II, Omnisphere, Martin D28, Gibson LP, Fender P, Roland XP10, Reaktor5, HideawayStudio, Waldorf PPGW.

This is a very deep and unique instrument. My favorite section is Ice and Water...just amazing, totally unique sounds. The musical possibilities are endless, but I'm also using it now for sound effects in a game.

I really hope it's successful. I'd love to see an expansion into other areas...like stones (cobbles, pebbles, marbles, sand, footsteps), wood, snow, whatever!
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Typos fixed, thanks Vic.

Return to “Soniccouture”