Zen 1.7 update

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do you have 1 folder with mixed 32/64 bits plugins, or 2 separate folders ?
And yes, if you want to handle both 32 and 64 bits, you will need to have both versions installed. Otherwise, trying to load a 32bits plugins in zen64, or the other way around, is not going to end well....

Eventually I'm planning to embed a 32/64 bits bridge in Zen, which would solve all these architecture issues once and for all.

Ok I understand, since it was an unique installer I was thinking the bridge was already effective, my bad :P

I have plugs mixed in one unique folder.

So I need to install both, have to choose which one to run according to which synths I want to browse presets for ? And the difference with this update is that the two version will coexist peacefully ?

Anyway thanks for the update, I'm liking Zen more and more, and I think when it will have the bridge it will be even more fantastic ;) Great work here already !

Yes - with this update you should be able to have both 32 and 64 bits versions coexist and share the same database.

Great ! I will try right now ^^ thanks

Does Zen mirror presets or physically move them to its preset folder? Another way of asking this is, is using Zen optional once I install it?

The presets are stored as fxp files into Zen's preset folder. You can certainly load a fxp directly into its synth. However the files are stored as [presetid].fxp, and currently there is no easy way to know that preset "MyCoolPad" for synth1 is 443214.fxp

Thanks. Downloading patches now...

Crashing Studio One on Mountain Lion every time I try and load a preset. Any suggestions? Studio One is pretty unstable most of the time, unfortunately. :(

Is the standalone working fine ? It is installed in Application/Big Tick/Zen.app
Also, try to disable online mode, see if it improves stability with S1.

Big Tick wrote:Is the standalone working fine ? It is installed in Application/Big Tick/Zen.app
How do I disable online mode. Do I do that simply by unchecking "check for updates"?

EDIT: YEP! That did it. Thanks! This is cool!

Darn. We're crashing again. Zebra and Rhino are loading. Ace and Tyrell and Zebralette are crashing.

Big Tick wrote:Is the standalone working fine ? It is installed in Application/Big Tick/Zen.app
Also, I have to RTFM. I haven't figured out how to get midi working on the standalone. It seems to launch all the plugs without any crashes though.

Presonus really needs to spend some dough getting S1 stability in order on the Mac side.

audientronic wrote: How do I disable online mode. Do I do that simply by unchecking "check for updates"?
No - online mode is the big round blue button in the lower right. It should say so when you hover over it.
I haven't figured out how to get midi working on the standalone.
Did you find the "I/O settings" link in the settings page ?

Big Tick wrote:
audientronic wrote: How do I disable online mode. Do I do that simply by unchecking "check for updates"?
No - online mode is the big round blue button in the lower right. It should say so when you hover over it.
I haven't figured out how to get midi working on the standalone.
Did you find the "I/O settings" link in the settings page ?
I can't get midi to work either (on OSX ML) - I have tried selecting all my inputs but none work.

Big Tick wrote:
LittleBoog, for Absynth I think you need to load the "Absynth 5 stereo" version. If you run a scan, it will pick it up automatically, but if you specify the path to the plugin yourself, make sure you select this one, and not "Absynth 5" or any other version.
Sorry for the delay in responding, 'Tick. Yes. That sorted it. And many thanks.

Return to “Big Tick”