Cream pre-release version 4

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jeblo05 wrote:Kirnu R4 (64Bit) keeps crashing Ableton 9.0.1 on OS X 10.8.2
Kirnu R4 (32Bit) also crashing jBridge.
Any advice or is this a known limitation?
Can you be more specific about what did you do when Cream crashes?
Please give instructions how to reproduce the crashing.

-Arto

Mark R wrote:
Kirnu wrote:
- New: AU version
Got to try this first Cream AU version today in (Logic version 9.1.8, 64bit). The 'Factory' presets don't work right. They appear to load but cause the plugin to stop outputting any midi. The plugin does work however if I build and save my own presets from scratch.
I've had the same issue in Logic. Selecting any preset kills the output.

KieronEdwards wrote:
Mark R wrote:
Kirnu wrote:
Got to try this first Cream AU version today in (Logic version 9.1.8, 64bit). The 'Factory' presets don't work right. They appear to load but cause the plugin to stop outputting any midi. The plugin does work however if I build and save my own presets from scratch.
Will investigate about the issue and fix this.

Do you find Cream usable in general when using it in Logic with Virtual MIDI ports? I don't mean the current bugs but the latency and the setup procedure.

-Arto

PepeLopez wrote:
mabian wrote:A bit after the loop restarts, the bass sequence goes out of sync.
Did you set the loop point on ORDER also? Please check that first! :)
I didn't, but I just tried doing it and no difference.

Please check the project I linked...

Thanks,
Mario

Kirnu wrote:Do you find Cream usable in general when using it in Logic with Virtual MIDI ports? I don't mean the current bugs but the latency and the setup procedure.
-Arto
Usable in general - Yes!
I have not yet tried all the new features though. Hope to go through many of them with the manual later today!

Mark R

Acting like in Hold mode when it isn't (both v3 and v4, Win XP, FLStudio9):
1-load Cream.
2-choose "16StepsBassline" preset.
3-play one-finger run 9fairly quickly) from C5 to F5, then release.
result-will continue playing arp pattern, as if Hold were on.
4-now play the same run and release.
result-will stop playing.
(this alternation of Hold and non-Hold behavior is repeatable with more runs)

Rajah wrote:
ezelkow1 wrote:make sure to rescan or change your symlinks, the name of the plugin changed with this install. So if you have a symlink to the vst, you'll have to create a new one
Can you explain the symlinks thing please.. I tried researching it but cannot grasp what to do in reference to Cream.. Thanks.
It was only in reference to someone using ableton, since ableton can read windows shortcuts/osx symlinks, alot of people organize their vst's by having an organized folder of shortcuts that ableton uses as its vst dir.

so if you install a new plugin, and it has a completely different name from its previous version, your shortcut will no longer be valid. It was merely a suggestion for those that couldnt get cream to show up in ableton after installing the new version since the new version had a name change from the previous one. Again it will only pertain to you if you are actually doing this though. If you just point ableton to your vst install dir then it wont matter

Kirnu wrote:
KieronEdwards wrote:
Mark R wrote:
Kirnu wrote:
Will investigate about the issue and fix this.

Do you find Cream usable in general when using it in Logic with Virtual MIDI ports? I don't mean the current bugs but the latency and the setup procedure.

-Arto
When it was outputting midi (doing a simple arpeggiator) I didn't detect any latency issues. I'll keep an eye out for this. I'd like to get it driving my virus but haven't managed this yet.

Kirnu wrote: Can you be more specific about what did you do when Cream crashes?

-Arto
Hi Arto,

Installed Cream R4
Started Live Live 9.0.1 64Bit
Live crashes during start-up (while scanning new PlugIns)
Once the VST is removed from the PlugIn folder, live is starting again.

Same with jBridge 0.7:
started jBridge
Selected 32bit Cream.VST
jBridger crashes

OS X 10.8.2

which additional information is required?

Thank you so much for implementing my most urgent feature requests (relative gate values and the alternative transposition behavior). Much appreciated!

jeblo05 wrote:
Kirnu wrote: Can you be more specific about what did you do when Cream crashes?

-Arto
Hi Arto,

Installed Cream R4
Started Live Live 9.0.1 64Bit
Live crashes during start-up (while scanning new PlugIns)
Once the VST is removed from the PlugIn folder, live is starting again.

Same with jBridge 0.7:
started jBridge
Selected 32bit Cream.VST
jBridger crashes

OS X 10.8.2

which additional information is required?
Crash log would be nice to have

paterpeter wrote:Thank you so much for implementing my most urgent feature requests (relative gate values and the alternative transposition behavior). Much appreciated!
You are welcome :)

Kirnu wrote:
Crash log would be nice to have
sent logs to kirnuarp@gmail.com

ezelkow1 wrote:
It was only in reference to someone using ableton, since ableton can read windows shortcuts/osx symlinks, alot of people organize their vst's by having an organized folder of shortcuts that ableton uses as its vst dir.

so if you install a new plugin, and it has a completely different name from its previous version, your shortcut will no longer be valid. It was merely a suggestion for those that couldnt get cream to show up in ableton after installing the new version since the new version had a name change from the previous one. Again it will only pertain to you if you are actually doing this though. If you just point ableton to your vst install dir then it wont matter
Oh.. Sorry... No Shortcuts... Just a solid install.

Edit..
Got it working.. seems like the 'Run as Administrator' solution..

The cc implementation works great now thanks.
This is the best arp now I think congrats.

Return to “Kirnu”