KnobMan / SkinMan

Official support for: g200kg.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nix808 wrote:http://www.sendspace.com/pro/dl/3y5z43
Here is the updated icon with 256 instead of 230pixels.
Thank you!
I have received. It seems work fine.

About MAC
hmmm, I have some degree of expectation about WebKnobMan, but exactly it is not the immediate satisfiable solution.
Anyway, current KnobMan (for win) code is too depends on WinAPI. WebKnobMan is the first step of the cross-platform solution, though it may takes time.

And Hello jobro,
Nice to meet you here :)

Have you considered doing Knobman in Flash or Java or something like that? That too would be portable, and wouldn't be dependable on the web browser that one uses...

JKnobMan, the java port of the KnobMan is now available.

http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

On mac:

On Win (with Nimbus Look&Feel)

g200kg wrote:JKnobMan, the java port of the KnobMan is now available.
ありがとうございました,Knobmanさん。すごくいいですね。とても感謝しています。

私はMacを使っています。今まで、Knobmanを使うために私はWINDOWSを使わなければなりません、しかし、わたしにはこれは大変不便です。今、僕はMacを使うことができるので、私はとてもうれしいです。楽しんでいます。

もう一度、ありがとうございます。

また、おめでとう。Knobmanはすごくいいです。大体毎日使っています!私の全部の新製品の中ではをつかっています。

よろしくお願いいたします

スティーブ

hi スティーブ,
日本語わかるんですか?
google translation?

it's cool!
:D :D

g200kg wrote:hi スティーブ,
日本語わかるんですか?
google translation?
違います。Google Translateではありません...

1980s年の間で、日本には住んでいって、だから日本語を少し話せます!しかし、少しだけ。本当あまり上手ではありません!

残念ながら、イギリスで日本語を練習をできないですから、私は時々いくつかの日本語の単語を覚えません。

僕は日本にもう一度行くべきですね!

よろしく

スティーブ

hi スティーブ
hollowsun wrote: 違います。Google Translateではありません...

1980s年の間で、日本には住んでいって、だから日本語を少し話せます!
great :D

BTW, I may switch the main stream of the development of the KnobMan to JKnobMan. JKnobMan still lacking some features of the KnobMan but I think that is solvable.

before all, Mac/Win cross-platform compatibility is important.

Just only one thing, the JRE installation is troublesome for users? or no need to worry?

JRE seems easy to install, on my case I just drag-and-dropped JKnobMan.jar straight into my original KnobMan folder :)

Unfortunately JKnobMan's main menu does not respond to e.g. Alt+F, Alt+L to open the main menu items. After a main-menu is visible, I can't use keys like S to select Save. No Shortcut keys are currently defined e.g. Ctrl+O and Ctrl+S ... this make JKnobMan tedious to use ...

I think that pretty much any serious computer that connects to the Internet today has to have Java installed. If you do online banking, some of those online sites really rely on Java. So it's not a problem overall :)

BTW - yes, you should add shortcuts to JKM! And add more (for example, the original KnobMan doesn't have Ctrl+E to export image, which would be really useful!)

A feature request for Skinman. You have frames entry in the image size dialog, but you have no way to export the full image to separate image frames. So why not add a checkbox in the export dialog to allow this?
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

g200kg wrote: Just only one thing, the JRE installation is troublesome for users? or no need to worry?
If you want to remove that dependency and make it 100% portable then look at the portableapps.com. There is a portable JRE available, so if someone does not want to install JRE on their machine then they can still use it. I have never tried it cause I have JDK/JRE installed for developements but haven't heard anything bad about it.

I haven't had a chance to try JKnobMan yet, just out of curiosity do you see any performance improvement on this platform?
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:If you want to remove that dependency and make it 100% portable then look at the portableapps.com. There is a portable JRE available, so if someone does not want to install JRE on their machine then they can still use it.
thank you for the interesting info. i will check :)

performance is already much improved :)
probably, it will be satisfiable.

JKnobMan is updated to 1.10
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

* performance improved
* support Undo / Redo
* export to Animation (AnimGIF / APNG)
* multi-language suport
* menu, mnemonic, shortcuts support & customaizable
* texture-image direct drop support

- switchable look&feel / language from file-config
- Texture folder should be placed to same folder to JKnobMan.jar
- image files can be dropped directly to 'Texture-combobox' from explorer / finder.
- menu mnemonic / shortcuts are custmizable.
Resource/Lang/xxx.ini => menus&menu mnemonic.
Resource/Shortcuts/xxx.ini =>accelerator keys.
these files are UTF16 text file. can be edit by Notepad.

gif encoder of java seems better than native GDI+. animation-gif output may be useful in JKnobMan.

ImageJKnobMan
ImageKnobMan

g200kg wrote:- image files can be dropped directly to 'Texture-combobox' from explorer / finder.
THANK YOU!

Does this work with the "File" field for "Image" primitive, as well? If not, it should!! EDIT: It doesn't :(

By the way, will you enable all the text on the GUI to be localized to different languages, like the text on the Preference page, the text in Config window, Anim Curve window, and all the dropdown boxes? That would be awesome!

EvilDragon wrote:
g200kg wrote:- image files can be dropped directly to 'Texture-combobox' from explorer / finder.
THANK YOU!

Does this work with the "File" field for "Image" primitive, as well? If not, it should!! EDIT: It doesn't :(

By the way, will you enable all the text on the GUI to be localized to different languages, like the text on the Preference page, the text in Config window, Anim Curve window, and all the dropdown boxes? That would be awesome!
Thank you.
these will be considered in the next release, in the near future :)

(but one thing, IMO, the access route to the language settings menu should be remain in ENGLISH)

I think that full localization (including the access route you mention) should be made possible - with English set as default. :)

Return to “g200kg”