Is AAR still being developed ? [yes]

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Personally, I think they could leave this as is. It's a finished product in my eyes. I would however like to see this new "thing" they're working on. I do agree something new would be a good move to remind the world about Arts Acoustic. Unfortunately, in software, you gotta keep coming up with something new to stay relevant.

I'd love to see an effects suite in the Arts Acoustic ethos, for example. :hihi:

Mind you, now that machines are so fast, and AAR uses so little CPU compared to when it came out, they could maybe add even higher quality modes/oversampling, or something along those lines...

Mmh... The new reverbs (like the Redline Reverb by 119dB) are very, very nice. Compared to my AAR I cannot really say that AAR is better. So it would not be bad to see in the future some improvements of AAR or may be a new product line "AAR2" with a new concept.

bduffy wrote:Personally, I think they could leave this as is. It's a finished product in my eyes...
even still, one of software's major advantages over hardware is it's plasticity. as OS and DAWs are updated, or as companies discover new ways to improve the stability or sound of their product, they can just release an update. a product that goes years without an update doesn't necessarily tell me that's it's perfect...just that the designers aren't trying to improve it.

but i don't want to come across like a prick. i love AAR, and use it all the time. it's my favorite reverb plugin. it's just a little frustrating...because these days, actually paying for software is usually worth it in my book because it gives you access to updates and improvements for free (or a discount). and when you shell out dough for a plug, and no updates come...anyway.

ghetto3jon wrote:
bduffy wrote:Personally, I think they could leave this as is. It's a finished product in my eyes...
even still, one of software's major advantages over hardware is it's plasticity. as OS and DAWs are updated, or as companies discover new ways to improve the stability or sound of their product, they can just release an update. a product that goes years without an update doesn't necessarily tell me that's it's perfect...just that the designers aren't trying to improve it.

but i don't want to come across like a prick. i love AAR, and use it all the time. it's my favorite reverb plugin. it's just a little frustrating...because these days, actually paying for software is usually worth it in my book because it gives you access to updates and improvements for free (or a discount). and when you shell out dough for a plug, and no updates come...anyway.
Yes, well, I'll be the last to complain if an update is forthcoming. I'm not exactly an enemy of updates! I'm usually the first in line with updates and betas, believe me. :lol:

It was just hard to imagine anything significant to add to AAR at this point, apart from refining the algorithms, maybe? It's got tons of control over the sound as is...

bduffy wrote:It was just hard to imagine anything significant to add to AAR at this point, apart from refining the algorithms, maybe? It's got tons of control over the sound as is...
true. but you never know what they've got up their sleeve. they hinted at an update a while back, so they must have something in mind.

I'd agree with this, and it's also true for a lot of other effects that work well and do what they're intended for nicely. I think too many people focus on new versions the way they do on new products even when the current versions are quite good. To me, the more plugs one has, the more time and effort it takes to keep up with updates and upgrades. I'm tired just thinking about it. :)
We escape the trap of our own subjectivity by
perceiving neither black nor white but shades of grey

Return to “Arts Acoustic”