FEATURE REQUEST list - what do you want from energyXT2 ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a midi group ( like the audio group )

gckilla wrote:Also requesting the ability to record midi without creating a midi part of a defined length first (i.e. for jamming or for creating atmosphere)
Unless I misunderstood something:
This works fine and always did (Really would be too bad if a sequencer couldn't do that!)

1) Create an instument track (or use a default created)
2) Be sure a MIDIIn is selected in Input in the object bar.
3) Uncheck the loop button in the transport area.
4) Press record.
5) Play your MIDI keyboard as long as you want.

A shortcut key and context-menu (what you get when you rightclick) option for setting the loop-bar to your selection.

[quote]gckilla wrote:
Also requesting the ability to record midi without creating a midi part of a defined length first (i.e. for jamming or for creating atmosphere)
Unless I misunderstood something:
This works fine and always did (Really would be too bad if a sequencer couldn't do that!)

1) Create an instument track (or use a default created)
2) Be sure a MIDIIn is selected in Input in the object bar.
3) Uncheck the loop button in the transport area.
4) Press record.
5) Play your MIDI keyboard as long as you want.[/quote]

Wow, I suck! I stand corrected...okay, time to delve into the forums a little more.

1) split stereo pairs in modular view
2) punch in/out recording in sequencer
3) allow for feedback loops
"I love getting cars from old people, the speakers are like brand new"

The ability to split a MIDI part and not have a tiny little piece remain in one or both new parts.
stay juicy!

I like the idea of a virtual keyboard that is built into the window that hosts VSTi instruments (optional), so that if I am using a VSTi that does not have a virtual keyboard built into its own UI as some do, then XT2 will provide one.

I'm still learning XT, so please forgive me if this is already there, but I would love to see a part arrangement view along the same lines as Ableton Live, which is brilliant in this regard.

What is the possibility of support for VIDEO and all the various sync options related to SMPTE, seeing two timelines at once, markers on SPMTE, MBT or both, tempo changes down to 4 decimal places of resolution, unlimited meter changes, etc.

Besides the fact that I wish XT2 could use all the same midi plugins that work in XT1, I would love to see a plugin API made available so that 3rd parties could develop plugins that not only can effect audio/midi data that is streamed through them, but actually plugins that have complete access to all the midi data in a "part" for doing non-realtime changes. This would enable third parties to develop custom quantizers or whatever they want.

I'd like to see three things in the drum sampler.

(1) Be able to rearrange the order of the samples in the drum sampler window by drag and drop.

(2) If you have the drum sampler window open and you scroll down and click on a sample to preview it, the window will immediately jump back up to the top of the sample window. I'd like to see the window stay in the same place as the sample you just previewed.

(3) Have a way to preview the sample when in the sample edit tab of the drum sampler window by clicking on it.

Dewdman42 wrote:What is the possibility of support for VIDEO and all the various sync options related to SMPTE, seeing two timelines at once, markers on SPMTE, MBT or both, tempo changes down to 4 decimal places of resolution, unlimited meter changes, etc.
+1

I usually pull in drumloops from my sample directory into an audio channel I recently had my sample hard drive die and reorganized my (remaining) samples. However I have to manually replace every audio file in an audio track.

I'd like it if XT automatially scans the samples directories for audio files matching files from audio channels if the original files are no longer where they were last specified.

I'd like to right-click a midi part, make it a loop, then be able to paint it across like you do for audio.

i want a easier way to work with envelopes for effect automation like cubase or logic and so on... second: to normalize samples i wish me a input question for the db-value... and i want a better magnetic raster for the events in the sequencer window included in a better zoom function :)

greetings

sebastian
------------------------
sorry for my bad english

Return to “energyXT”