Miroslav Philharmonik 1.1 is up(got windows ver.working)

Official support for: sonicreality.com and esoundz.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If he had the same problem I had (the same 23 Violins problem other people have posted), the problem is that the install goes fine right up until the very end, when it hangs indefinately. So far, everything works, except the "23 violins" patch.

As much as I want to drop my dongle down the lav, I am going to wait until Squids tells us this bug is ironed out.

/funxi
Every Potemkin village needs its idiot savant

My hanging problem was resolved by reloading. For some unknown reason it got a glitch the first time that would cause it to hang. It repeated each time until I restarted. Everything looks OK now.

I wish I would have known about the 23 violins problem before I excitedly updated Miroslav. I should've waited until after they clear that problem up.
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

synergy543 wrote:My hanging problem was resolved by reloading. For some unknown reason it got a glitch the first time that would cause it to hang. It repeated each time until I restarted. Everything looks OK now.
So the "23 Violins" patch is working for you?

The sounds update installer has not changed for windows at least. I find it very strange they announced it in wider scale even though I filed a report last week, and IK US support forwarded it to the developers, but the installer hasn't been updated.

I guess a lot more people now have the 23 violins problem........
(dont know if this problem exist in Mac version)

I've sent a mail to IK Italy, lets hope they'll sort it out.

EF

This is why I usually never update until I see on forums such as this whether the thing works. I learned this a few years ago when I was in the the Cubase 5 public beta of the week club. At that time they were running on the fix one thing, break two that were working before plan.

Which means, I won't be touching Miroslav just yet.
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

Had some mail conversation with IK Italy today, and sent my conversation with IK US support from last week to them, and now the Windows download in the user area has an updated sounds 1.1 installer

*EDIT*!!!! This was even worse :shock: Now ALL .sti files are gone :help: *EDIT*

EF

Lovely. Definitely reminds me of the old Cubase days. You would think that a note on their website would be merited. Or better... that the problematic download be pulled.

:(

flynn wrote:Had some mail conversation with IK Italy today, and sent my conversation with IK US support from last week to them, and now the Windows download in the user area has an updated sounds 1.1 installer

*EDIT*!!!! This was even worse :shock: Now ALL .sti files are gone :help: *EDIT*

EF
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

To bad they didn't send it to me first, and I could have verified if it solved the problem :? (or in this case making it worse)

I've asked them to remove it until fixed, and I changed the topic header to prevent other Windows users losing all sounds in Miroslav. Will post back when I hear anything more.
:wink:
EF

:shock:

Some news :)

Running the original sounds installer again from the DVD's restored the sti's (quite quick, looks like it only copy the .sti's since the rest of the files were already there) and then running the new sounds 1.1 update made it work :!: :love:

My guess is that the first faulty sounds update made some changes to the .sti's and the new installer looked for the older ones, and deleted the current. :? so the problem maybe only occur to us who did run the first sounds 1.1 update. Anyone who didn't install the faulty one dare to check :?:

Anyway, I've got my Miroslav to work, updated to 1.1 :)

EF
Last edited by flynn on Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK Thanks Flynn! Sounds good!

flynn wrote:Some news :)

Running the original sounds installer again from the DVD's restored the sti's (quite quick, looks like it only copy the .sti's since the rest of the files were already there) and then running the new sounds 1.1 update made it work :!: :love:

My guess is that the first faulty sounds update made some changes to the .sti's and the new installer looked for the older ones, and deleted the current. :? so the problem maybe only occur to us who did run the first sounds 1.1 update. Anyone who didn't install the faulty one dare to check :?:

Anyway, I've got my Miroslav to work, updated to 1.1 :)

EF
Flynn, does this include the "23 Violins" patch? Is that particular one working? That's the only one I'm having a problem with and I wouldn't want to mess about more if it wasn't going to make a difference for that one patch.

Yes, the sounds updater in the user area for Windows now has the 23 violins aswell.
If you've tried the earlier update, you have to run the soundsinstaller from both DVD's first and then run the sounds 1.1 installer again.

EF

Return to “Sonic Reality / eSoundz.com”