Wormhelmet, I said $5500 AUSTRALIAN DOLLARS.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

g_worroll wrote:
CorrosiveGod wrote:ttoz I agree with you, last spring i compared an Alienware laptop to the fastest PowerBook at that time. Of course, the Alienware latop was more expensive.
A single Alienware system will bankrupt most entire countries.
Are they really that good? I've seen Alienware in Computer Modder mags at the news stand but never paid much attention to them beyond thinking 'Hmm-cool looking cases!'
:-)

Improv wrote:
g_worroll wrote:
CorrosiveGod wrote:ttoz I agree with you, last spring i compared an Alienware laptop to the fastest PowerBook at that time. Of course, the Alienware latop was more expensive.
A single Alienware system will bankrupt most entire countries.
Are they really that good? I've seen Alienware in Computer Modder mags at the news stand but never paid much attention to them beyond thinking 'Hmm-cool looking cases!'
:-)
I heard good things about them in the 3D scene. It's been told that they are solid work horses that don't break and that they are expensive. But because they are so reliable they are widely concidered being worth the money.

Best wishes, FRitz
In the end will be the word.
Check out some of my music at www.fritzmetal.de

BONES wrote:
ttoz wrote:1) Bzzz. Sorry, wrong answer. G5, for 4 weeks, has been available in dual, dual core 2.5ghz.
Really? Then how come they don't have one to loan us for DMF next week so we can show customers how well some of our software runs on their platform? They told our guy that the quad-cores weren't available yet.
well my machine is in stock and I am picking it up on monday.

Wormhelmet wrote:OK, that's a smokin G5, but I like my AMD's and PC's better. I can build them myself at the same or lower cost than a G5 and I'm not stuck with proprietary software/hardware stuff. It's all a matter of personal choice. I really think if you can't see the power and performance available with either platform, then you need to open your eyes, but I prefer PC and like XP fine. My system is rock solid stable and I surf the net and game/do graphics on my DAW. No viruses, no spyware, no problems. Luckily for me, my DAW of choice is Ableton Live, so if I wanted to go Mac ever exclusively, I could take my DAW with me. Not all my great freebie plugs though. Not that I would ever do that (God forbid). I got my eye on building a desktop Pentium M next anyway. Weeee. Ultraquiet, powerful, in a micro atx form. Nice. 8)
and all your points are valid. the ONLY point i was trying to make, isthat, to build a pc similar to this quad g5, it would cost as much. that's all.

Alienware systems are wayyy overpriced. You can build your own for a lot cheaper and have the same quality. You can also find many different companies to build it for you cheaper and get extended warranties with the company. I wouldn't buy an alienware system unless I won the lottery or something. Don't get me wrong. They're great systems, but kind of like Macs. Overpriced and overhyped. I guess they would be a good comparison after all. :hihi:
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Alienware machines are just Sager/Clevo notebooks that have be rebranded and put into pretty cases. You can find the same exact machines for much, much less...

http://www.pctorque.com/

It's kind of a stupid arguement. Of course you can find overpriced PCs... if you want to be lazy about your shopping. The point is you can also find comparable machines much cheaper if you want to. Not all of them are overpriced. You guys are just picking and choosing the worst case scenarios to bolster your argument.
Last edited by John Vulich on Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Maybe, but I don't know anyone else who offers on-board RADI in a laptop.
ttoz wrote:well my machine is in stock and I am picking it up on monday.
So you actually have no idea how well it willperform, you have just swallowed Apple's marketing hype. Astounding.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote:Maybe, but I don't know anyone else who offers on-board RADI in a laptop.
RAID is indeed available as an option on the Sager 9890.

I'm telling you they're the same machines that Alienware uses. There are numerous options available with these machines. The only difference may be that Alienware might be providing 2 or 3 items that are from different vendors but it's still the same chassis, board and main components.

http://www.pctorque.com/builder.php?type=94

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”