For Cubase users: Sytrus 2 doesn't save presets properly.

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

reflex wrote:When I save to an .fxp and load it back, it loads exactly what I saved.
I do EXACTLY the same! In my case it loads a preset name ONLY. :?

tony tony chopper wrote:
all of these have their own preset saving system
then we might consider adding one, but it won't do more than save FXP's
That would be fine for now. :wink:

then we might consider adding one, but it won't do more than save FXP's
Thanks!
But don't forget that we also need to load presets :)
If we could load them through the "preset selector" it would be really cool.

keep in mind that you can, from the sytrus menu, use 'Copy preset', and then 'Paste preset' in the same instance, somewhere else, in another instance in the same host, or in another host, wether it's the VSTi, DXi or FL version (although right now you can't paste in the FL version, because it's still at version 1.5)

tony tony chopper wrote:keep in mind that you can, from the sytrus menu, use 'Copy preset', and then 'Paste preset' in the same instance, somewhere else, in another instance in the same host, or in another host, wether it's the VSTi, DXi or FL version (although right now you can't paste in the FL version, because it's still at version 1.5)
Yeah, that works nice. Thanks! :)

keep in mind that you can, from the sytrus menu, use 'Copy preset', and then 'Paste preset' in the same instance, somewhere else, in another instance in the same host, or in another host, wether it's the VSTi, DXi or FL version (although right now you can't paste in the FL version, because it's still at version 1.5)
Sincerely I have not understood which is the usefulness of this option

..mostly to exchange presets between VSTi, DXi & FL versions, since the preset formats are not compatible

Is good to know this. Why all these formats? Why not a single format for all versions? FXP maybe? :)

our FST format is more powerful - it's a partially saved FLP project. It can contain lots of stuff, and the most important here, the name of the plugin (and not a simple ID like for VSTi's), meaning that loading a preset can load the associated plugin.

AlienForce wrote:I'm using Cubase SX 3.1 and Sytrus 2. Any thoughts?
Btw, I assume you're using this option in Cubase to save AND load the presets:

reflex wrote: Btw, I assume you're using this option in Cubase to save AND load the presets...
Yes, I am.

AlienForce wrote:Yes, I am.
Are you using the demo version of Sytrus?

reflex wrote:
AlienForce wrote:Yes, I am.
Are you using the demo version of Sytrus?
:dog: why didn't I think to ask him that...btw, hi reflex...:)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink wrote::dog: why didn't I think to ask him that...btw, hi reflex...:)
Hi Hink. Hadn't thought of asking that question myself until now.

:dog: :dog: :dog: :-o :-o :-o Please don't tell me that THE DEMO VERSION CAN'T SAVE PRESETS!!! I've TOTALLY forgot that! :dog: :idiot: :bang:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”