Autolinks : distracting, really not doing anything useful.

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yeah but that looks like an anus.

Hink wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:58 pm
Erisian wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:37 pm I change spellings and upper/lower case to remove them. If any commercial devs want me to advertise their product, they can pay me a fee!
do you wear ant tshirts, or hats or other clothing with company names and logos on them? What about stickers the sell with gear?
Absolutely not! Simple, cheap and plain, that's me.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:02 pm yeah but that looks like an anus.
I'm just glad that didn't autolink :help:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

Erisian wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:37 pm I change spellings and upper/lower case to remove them. If any commercial devs want me to advertise their product, they can pay me a fee!
How much do you pay for your yearly KVR membership ? Oh that's right.... :dog:

I imagine developers who pay for advertising are what keep this place going so in a way we all benefit. Developers rely on users to survive and in turn they create all the great plugins we enjoy so it's a symbiotic relationship.

If you post "I like XYZ Plugin" do you expect to be paid? I don't really see much difference. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

tek, some of us might be influencers...of course some us might be under the influence too :hihi:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Well I know one guy who is definitely under the influence and his name rhymes with Hurt...... :P
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

hmmm...you wanna know what I think
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Usually people have to pay me. It's hard work, you know :hihi:

Guys, if the autolinks would work reliably and point to what's talked about, I'd be inclined to ignore them.
Since they don't in so many cases, I find the whole discussion absurd.
Like if they were a message from god and you couldn't argue because "reasons".
The reason why I get so passionate about removing them is, that this kind of half-baked stuff is creeping up everywhere and people get more and more used to the wrong things for the wrong reasons.

I just looked at a current sale in the marketplace and somebody is selling Valhalla Plate, Plate is made an autolink and points to UVI Plate.
How this is supposed to help anybody I don't know.

You can have your "but it's free" discussions and simulate being clever all you want, as long as the function doesn't do what it's supposed to do it's just so much garbage.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

cryophonik wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm
i shall dedicate myself to releasing a VST plugin called "anus" and get it into the KVR database, so that it autolinks automatically!
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

I made a userscript that gets rid of them.

farlukar wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:45 pm I made a userscript that gets rid of them.
How do you install it? Does it just remove them at the user's end or from the forum itself?

Burillo wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:21 am
cryophonik wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 9:38 pm
i shall dedicate myself to releasing a VST plugin called "anus" and get it into the KVR database, so that it autolinks automatically!
should be the opposite of delay lama :hihi:

Teksonik wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:21 am Well I know one guy who is definitely under the influence and his name rhymes with Hurt...... :P
bertkoor? (the koor is silent)

ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 am Guys, if the autolinks would work reliably and point to what's talked about, I'd be inclined to ignore them.
You can't just ignore them anyway ? All they are is different colored text. If you don't click on them what's the real issue?
ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 amI find the whole discussion absurd.
What I find absurd is the drama over auto links. Yea they're visually annoying but really is it that big of a deal ? Ben obviously thinks they serve a purpose and now three weeks into the complaints they are still there so....
ThomasHelzle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:15 amYou can have your "but it's free" discussions and simulate being clever all you want, as long as the function doesn't do what it's supposed to do it's just so much garbage.
And you can have your "the world is ending" discussions and be overly dramatic all you want but the fact is the links are still there.

Like I said maybe Ben is still experimenting with the auto links and trying to work out the kinks. Maybe we should just have faith and give him some time to work it out.

If the auto links disappeared today I'd be happy but if they don't I won't lose any sleep over it or get my blood pressure up since it's really not that big of a deal....... :shrug:

Return to “Site Stuff”