Logic Pro 11 is announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

I expect the major changes to Logic to happen when they finally drop Intel support. For now it’s just another Logic update.
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro // Ableton // Reason // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

That I don't know how good of a direction it is that DAWs are pushing each other into 'farting into the microphone and out comes an oratorio,'(articles about AI programmers burning out are already starting to appear.) but MIDI routing was as necessary as a piece of bread.
Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 06.47.59.png
For example, the MIDI out of UVI Falcon finally makes sense, and the notes generated by Scaler on different MIDI channels, etc.

input MIDI monitoring is also a good one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

If I put some notes in piano roll and select them, it says which chord it is.
Not sure if this was in version 10.

Bounce in-place for external instruments is a major improvement.

Stem splitter is super useful for deconstructing music loops, say I want only the drums or bass from a loop.

While it doesn't look like a major update, it has some new useful features.

Is Alchemy still blurry when larger than 100%?

aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:17 am Is Alchemy still blurry when larger than 100%?
Yes, the UI is pixilated even at 100%.

apoclypse wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:17 am I expect the major changes to Logic to happen when they finally drop Intel support. For now it’s just another Logic update.
I just realized the difference between Mac folks and Windows folks. Windows folks hope for backwards compatibility for forever. Mac folks hope that backwards compatibility ends as soon as possible.

By the way, there really is no reason why features wouldn't be available on both architectures. The only reason for Apple to not port them to both architectures is simply because they don't want to spend the effort. Sure, understandable, if you have a business model which wants to sell only the cutting edge of technology to their cusomers, and which wants to encourage to buy new devices every few years.

AI Bassist is pretty good, and keyboard player as well. For some minor background parts it is very useful. ChromaGlow sounds good. New piano also very decent. And all for free for existing users. Nothing to complain.

These AI tools are strange; on one hand, they devalue music, but on the other hand, they elevate the value of musicians who can perform a three-hour concert with just a guitar and a few effect pedals (like Estas Tonne). It's an interesting era.

chk071 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 am
apoclypse wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 3:17 am I expect the major changes to Logic to happen when they finally drop Intel support. For now it’s just another Logic update.
I just realized the difference between Mac folks and Windows folks. Windows folks hope for backwards compatibility for forever. Mac folks hope that backwards compatibility ends as soon as possible.

By the way, there really is no reason why features wouldn't be available on both architectures. The only reason for Apple to not port them to both architectures is simply because they don't want to spend the effort. Sure, understandable, if you have a business model which wants to sell only the cutting edge of technology to their cusomers, and which wants to encourage to buy new devices every few years.
I mean, M1 is 4 years old at this point and you can’t buy an intel mac anymore.

Things were far more agressive with powerPC>intel transition.
And to be fair the only thing not working is a saturator plugin and stem splitter - for both you have so many great FREE options it’s completely a nonissue
roman.i wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:23 am
aMUSEd wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:17 am Is Alchemy still blurry when larger than 100%?
Yes, the UI is pixilated even at 100%.
Fr, what are they doing lol

maybe we'll get plugin search and accurate automations in 10 years then...

Ploki wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 11:10 am
chk071 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 am

I mean, M1 is 4 years old at this point and you can’t buy an intel mac anymore.
In my world, that's a very short time. But, I understand that, especially these days, it's all hurry hurry hurry. People just completely lost patience, and always want new when it comes.

I did notice the program will no longer launch if Rosetta 2 is checked in the Info menu. V11 only launches with it unchecked. Just thought it worth mentioning.
On a number of Macs

chk071 wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 9:27 am By the way, there really is no reason why features wouldn't be available on both architectures. The only reason for Apple to not port them to both architectures is simply because they don't want to spend the effort.
I am quick to criticize Apple (and have in fact been blocked by various people for my Mac-related comments — sorry in advance if you have to see this) but considering this is a DAW with real-time deadlines, I'm more than willing to cut them some slack for building this on hardware acceleration capabilities ("NPUs") that their Intel machines simply didn't have. Those matrices aren't gonna multiply themselves. The next best thing for that would be GPU compute, but that's a disaster on the AMD hardware they shipped in late generation Intel Macs, and not worth considering at all on integrated Intel graphics from that era. And even if you went to all that effort, the latency and throughput characteristics are... let's say "unfavorable" for audio work.

I don't know how hard they might have tried to make it work, but I don't blame them in the slightest for giving up.
I hate signatures too.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”