u-he at Superbooth 23

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Filterscape 2 is coming i feel it

My urine says so, too!

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 3:16 pm My urine says so, too!
What’s your technique? Is it the taste?
Bitwig Certified Trainer

It is just a feeling, similar to a burning pain, as described here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMqEG32UslU

tlkmx wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:02 pm Filterscape 2 is coming i feel it
It'll be Filterscape 1.5...

Urs wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:58 am It'll be Filterscape 1.5...
I hope you don't forget the microtuners among us, please give us old fashioned native support for microtuning in Filterscape VA 1.5. Not just support for ODD-MTS.
I am looking forward to using FilterscapeVA again. :) For years it was my favorite synth.

Urs, I just wrote this in another section of the forums:
The piano, harmonica and acoustic guitar and many others haven't been upgraded in a long time. Very disappointed.

I am waiting for Urs to open up U-he Acoustics. From there, he can create updates to many acoustic instruments and/or create entirely novel forms that take the world by storm.
Edit: Someone just responded already:
Is U-he acoustics something they announced? I know they have been playing around with physically modelled drums.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

EnsoLake wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 8:10 am
Urs wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:58 am It'll be Filterscape 1.5...
I hope you don't forget the microtuners among us, please give us old fashioned native support for microtuning in Filterscape VA 1.5. Not just support for ODD-MTS.
I am looking forward to using FilterscapeVA again. :) For years it was my favorite synth.
I don't think we have added Microtuning just yet :-/

It may still happen, but our priority is to get the current feature set up to date, then see where we can take it from there.

Borbolactic wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:32 pm Urs, I just wrote this in another section of the forums:
The piano, harmonica and acoustic guitar and many others haven't been upgraded in a long time. Very disappointed.

I am waiting for Urs to open up U-he Acoustics. From there, he can create updates to many acoustic instruments and/or create entirely novel forms that take the world by storm.
Is U-he acoustics something they announced? I know they have been playing around with physically modelled drums.
What's "u-he Acoustics"? Haven't heard of this yet, dunno where it's coming from...?

Urs wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:39 pm
Borbolactic wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:32 pm Urs, I just wrote this in another section of the forums:

What's "u-he Acoustics"? Haven't heard of this yet, dunno where it's coming from...?
I just responded there:
It's something that was suggested to Urs, since it may be that if civilization declines hard and fast enough, electricity may not be as reliable as many of us have taken for granted and we may be faced with rolling blackouts or brownouts and relatively-useless electricity-powered musical instruments.
...But of course, a U-He Acoustics acoustic guitar, for example, will work when the electricity goes off.
Last edited by Borbolactic on Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable..." ~ H.L. Mencken

apparently you are going to save the world's musicians from boredom, when the power goes down for good.

seriously, i just read it in the native instruments thread :hihi:

vurt wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 4:42 pm

apparently you are going to save the world's musicians from boredom, when the power goes down for good.

seriously, i just read it in the native instruments thread :hihi:
I really think that Urs has it in him to save the world's musicians from boredom when the electricity goes down. <3

Hanz Meyzer wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 10:43 pm It is just a feeling, similar to a burning pain, as described here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMqEG32UslU
Ever seen the film, Annihilation? Well, Annihilation 2.

Appropriate/Great audiotrack too.

Loved the rehearsal video! Can't wait for Zebralette, looks and sounds amazing!

j wazza wrote: Sun May 21, 2023 2:41 am
MrJubbly wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 7:55 pm You seem quite sure about how just much work it would take to implement an increase in the GUI scaling limit from 200% to 300%. I wonder how you can be so certain about this, since I would have thought only the internal developers at u-he who are familiar with their code, would actually be privy to such information.

My guess is, you're just guessing. :)
Urs himself, the creator of uhe, already told you that it takes more cpu
Urs wrote: Sat May 20, 2023 1:20 pm Well, this just means a lot more CPU on GUI. 300% would be 8 times the CPU usage for GUI than the 100% setting that we're designing for.

I think we'll eventually have to go fully vectorised UIs processed on hardware accelerated things, but that is probably a year of work alone to get right on every platform, and then we'd have to redesign every UI without any bitmaps.
I'm a little surprised that U-He haven't shifted to vector by now. But I suppose if one's products are and remain successful, there would seem less incentive for change.

In any case, is vector supposed to be easier on the CPU and, if so, how much easier? Also, if I resize a vector-UI plugin in my DAW to a larger size, is there a hit on the CPU I'm unaware of?

Return to “u-he”