Zebra 3 and Zebra Legacy

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Dark Zebra Zebra

GruvSyco wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:57 am
Urs wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:04 pm Unfortunately there's no good way to bend Zebra's concept into something that allows freely routable feedback between modules. The routing is always column by column, row by row in Zebra's Grid.
So, I’m sitting on the couch watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and an idea pops into my head:

Feedback module is a forced pair (linked… both on or off) or one module with two locations. Both can pass through audio. Feedback 1 (in) has a level (from Feedback 1 (out)) and a mod source (because everything needs modulation). Feedback 1 (out) is basically just two identical signals, the pass thru and the feedback loop. Overly simplified, with no idea of coding.

Anyways… I won’t go on on this suggestion. There are better minds at work here than mine.
That's how Zebra 1.5 did it, and the gap between expectation and reality was vast.

dayjob wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:41 am ...
SUMU is due soon. Maybe it will check some of those boxes
SUMU?

^The next product from Madrona Labs.

It will be interesting to see how Sumu compares to Harmor.

Back on u-he and Zebra 3... Perhaps the grid could be replaced with a full 'modular' (patcher) component instead, greatly increasing routuing flexibility, and truly allowing CPU-blowing patches :hihi:

I realise this would kill the simple 'readability' of patches, but it also feels like the next evolution.

... Zebra 4 maybe ? :hug:

Hi, Urs!
Do you plan to implement something as sequencer from modular world with quantizer and randomization for example or will it be just simple arp?

koalaboy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:45 am It will be interesting to see how Sumu compares to Harmor.

Back on u-he and Zebra 3... Perhaps the grid could be replaced with a full 'modular' (patcher) component instead, greatly increasing routuing flexibility, and truly allowing CPU-blowing patches :hihi:

I realise this would kill the simple 'readability' of patches, but it also feels like the next evolution.

Probably another synth then :-)

Stan Navi wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am Hi, Urs!
Do you plan to implement something as sequencer from modular world with quantizer and randomization for example or will it be just simple arp?
A bit of both probably.

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:01 am
Stan Navi wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:50 am Hi, Urs!
A bit of both probably.
best possible answer :)

I’m hoping Kevin Schroeder will make a ton of stock presets for Zebra 3 :wink:

Urs wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:59 am
koalaboy wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:45 am It will be interesting to see how Sumu compares to Harmor.

Probably another synth then :-)
Did I hear "Berlin Modular"? :wink:

aer72 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:40 pm Did I hear "Berlin Modular"? :wink:
Yeah, I guess the concept for a synth called exactly that isn't going to happen this decade, but another synth that fits the product line is certainly a possibility.

Not only no but NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

and furthermore NO!!!!#!#!#@! :hihi:

If you want full modular patcher with cables and crap there is already Bazille.

Zebra is a great system for modular-like approach but without the cables and confusion.

VitaminD wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:47 pm Not only no but NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Was that a maybe ? :lol:

I understand your point. I'm just wishing we had more patchbays than grids, these days.
Grids remind me of spreadsheets.

koalaboy wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:09 pm
VitaminD wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:47 pm Not only no but NO. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Was that a maybe ? :lol:

I understand your point. I'm just wishing we had more patchbays than grids, these days.
Grids remind me of spreadsheets.
:lol:

Cables give me stress. A real psychological issue. My brain tries to map all the routings and since there are so many it cannot.. which freaks me out. Just a cable mess. I really really don't want to see cables. Bazille is the only u-he product I don't have as a result.

Return to “u-he”