Guitar Multieffect Units

A forum for discussion of all things guitar!
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Every guitar on the sound track for "The Endless Summer II" by Gary Hoey is the Rocktron Chameleon:

http://youtu.be/_0Z9uMeIVlg

zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:56 pm

But I also feel like that about vinyl, multitrack tape, etc. Such a mystique, but they simply don’t fit into realizing my current goals and needs. I’ve relegated my HX Stomp XL to my Prophet 12, and frankly I don’t even need that, as it came with Helix Native. Other than a Blackstar HT-5 Dual pedal, which I don’t really need, my guitar amp and effects needs are more than met by software.

I remember the day I brought my four track cassette deck home in the 80's. I started writing and recording immediately. recorded 30 songs in 3 months with that and my SRD X 100

The mystique is lost on me these days as well. Years back I went out and got myself a hard disk multitrack recorder a workstation keyboard armed with those two and a few guitars I tried to recreate the past. I was totally uninspired. I thought minimalism would save me from noodling, make me focus on what needed to be done.

Yeah sure I still think about hardware solutions for keys, mostly modern arranger keyboards like
Like a Ketron Event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWZF85LXAA&t=2s

Mostly because I'm tired of writing all my backing tracks and I have little toleration for the pre recorded ones.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

tapper mike wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:56 am
zerocrossing wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 4:56 pm

But I also feel like that about vinyl, multitrack tape, etc. Such a mystique, but they simply don’t fit into realizing my current goals and needs. I’ve relegated my HX Stomp XL to my Prophet 12, and frankly I don’t even need that, as it came with Helix Native. Other than a Blackstar HT-5 Dual pedal, which I don’t really need, my guitar amp and effects needs are more than met by software.

I remember the day I brought my four track cassette deck home in the 80's. I started writing and recording immediately. recorded 30 songs in 3 months with that and my SRD X 100

The mystique is lost on me these days as well. Years back I went out and got myself a hard disk multitrack recorder a workstation keyboard armed with those two and a few guitars I tried to recreate the past. I was totally uninspired. I thought minimalism would save me from noodling, make me focus on what needed to be done.

Yeah sure I still think about hardware solutions for keys, mostly modern arranger keyboards like
Like a Ketron Event.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiWZF85LXAA&t=2s

Mostly because I'm tired of writing all my backing tracks and I have little toleration for the pre recorded ones.
This is going way off topic, but I think I get your point. When I was young, I always had the time for a band. I rarely wrote anything but the chord structure and melody. Sometimes a riff, or I’d have an idea for a basic beat, but mostly I’d present my song to the band members and say, “have at it.”

Now we’re all doing everything. It’s sort of fun to me, but on the other hand, I’ve got a full time job (that leaks out of 40 hours a week a lot), a family, friends, etc. It’s not easy to finish all that and think, “now for some quality production time!” Especially when the reward for the final product is usually a handful of people listening to your track on the KVR Cafe and saying, “cool.”

But now about half of my job is doing sound effects, foley and music for games. It’s pretty amazing how those tracks come together when there’s a Jira ticket with your name on it. Having a responsibility to get something finished is a wonderful thing. Maybe set up some sort of collaboration with someone.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I tried collabs with songwriters online before. it was terrible. I was back to my song poem days working out of a studio recording cookie cutter backing tracks for horrendous material
Documentary
https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/doc ... thecharts/

Here's a sample
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7C-kSTh ... i4&index=1

I'm a Mixcraft user and for a long time I was a member of the Acoustica forums. There were separate collab and showcase forums. So I'd score everything in BIAB mute everything but the drums, Import it into Mixcraft and add my original parts (bass, keys guitar) leaving a little room for someone to play over. They would and then.. They'd take all my hard work and claim it as all their own on YT, soundcloud and even the Acoustica showcase forum without a lick of reference to me who did 90% of the work. Here I was thinking if I'd start by contributing others might actually put unfinished works of theirs that I could jam over. Nadda.
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

that boss unit i posted about a few days ago, already getting 80quid off offers in the email :o

tapper mike wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:15 pm They'd take all my hard work and claim it as all their own on YT, soundcloud and even the Acoustica showcase forum without a lick of reference to me who did 90% of the work. Here I was thinking if I'd start by contributing others might actually put unfinished works of theirs that I could jam over. Nadda.
It's rampant in music. Maybe musicians are hyper narcissists who think only the parts we add matter.

I've had a lot of work stolen and used in commercial releases. The small consolation was that none of them had any success, although that's another kind of slap in the face.

at some point digital multi-effect units couldn't process everything we wanted to apply,
I know
-wells so at some point they really could to one guitar line then,
whether it be mac or pc,
how does linux work now?

-yes,yes perhaps whatever we're talking about references 12 notes on guitar?

The AMPERIUM LIVE has caught my interest.
viewtopic.php?p=8742511#p8742511

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:52 pm It's rampant in music. Maybe musicians are hyper narcissists who think only the parts we add matter.
It's rampant in life. I know plenty of people who think their contributions are everything and what everyone else does is insignificant.
Even if the piano player can't play, keep the party going.
http://www.soundclick.com/mumpcake
https://mumpfucious.wordpress.com/

Uncle E wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 5:52 pm
tapper mike wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 3:15 pm They'd take all my hard work and claim it as all their own on YT, soundcloud and even the Acoustica showcase forum without a lick of reference to me who did 90% of the work. Here I was thinking if I'd start by contributing others might actually put unfinished works of theirs that I could jam over. Nadda.
It's rampant in music. Maybe musicians are hyper narcissists who think only the parts we add matter.

I've had a lot of work stolen and used in commercial releases. The small consolation was that none of them had any success, although that's another kind of slap in the face.
I once wrote a children's song that was a scientifically accurate take on Twinkle Twinkle. Stupidly, I posted it on a Facebook group, and someone who was on that same group did a crappy rip off of it a little while later and eventually had it published as a children's book. I was pretty angry about it, but my wife was all, "you should be proud you're good enough to rip off." :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

vurt wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:27 pm who has the oldest mfx?

mines a korg a5.
:hihi:
Yours is the oldest so far. Mine comes close - Digitech ValveFX.

I have a Korg A3!

Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:42 pm I have a Korg A3!
8)
does that have the same pedals? i think they might be my favourite for feel, underfoot when switching on/off. aside from the 30 odd year old rusty spring noise now, but new they were great.
most pedals hurt my feet, skate shoes have very flimsy soles.

Uncle E wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:42 pm I have a Korg A3!
You win! :) :) :)

I've got buyers remorse now.

I've been playing with the pod go for some time now and while it's okay for many things it can't compare to Fender's Tone Master Pro.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsNpB-bGkxQ

Return to “Guitars”