Undo iLok activation?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If I accidently activated a plugin on my iLok account, that I already have there, can I undo this?

(A warning would have been nice, I am not the only stupid human around, am I?)

Thanks. :ud:

Activation is basically the assignment of 'part of' a license to a system or device ie if you have a license for of a product, you can assign 1 or more activations.

However you can also have multiple licenses for the same single product.

So just to be clear (because of the 'that I already have there' comment), do you mean

(A) can you remove an activation from a device
or do you mean
(B) can you unregister a license?

A = yes, easy to deactivate from iLok manager, just select the correct device (which has to be present), find the license, right-click and 'Deactivate.'
B = no (but you can transfer it)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:07 am B = no (but you can transfer it)
Which will cost me $25, right?

It says 1 of 1 activations.
I got Phoenixverb and R2 codes for cheap, for someone else, now i burned them, I guess.. :neutral:

if you've got a spare ilok, you could always put the licenses on that and give them it, i guess.

You can request your licenses to be reset in the iLok software.

tehlord wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:31 am You can request your licenses to be reset in the iLok software.
It says deactivate in the dropdown menu.
I'll try that. Maybe the code will then work again? :love:

All that does is request that they be deactivated. They are still registered to your account, just no longer authorized to run on the machines they were previously. For example, if your hard drive dies and you cant recover it, you sold your computer and forgot to uninstall, etc.

There is no 'getting back' a license you activated in your account. Its now part of your iLok account, and it will cost $25 to send that license to someone else. Any requests like that, I can almost guarantee you Pace is going to tell you to contact the dev. They just hold the licenses YOU activate and check them for authorization, they have nothing to do with anything else aside from that, and they dont even generate the authorization codes as it is. That all comes from the developer you bought the plugin from.

swTB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:17 pm
tehlord wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:31 am You can request your licenses to be reset in the iLok software.
Sincerely doubt that... it will just go from Local to Available in that case.
As someone suggest the best method is to put it on a spare ilok and give the person (though not really legal I don't think).

Why does it allow you to put more than one activation in your account? In the older days they came with 1 activation per license, and people with multiple computers like myself had to buy several licenses. I guess an option to warn you or never warn you again, would serve both parties well.
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

swTB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 4:17 pm
Nope, and I already explained that. Activations are not licenses. If you redeemed a code, you got a license.

zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:04 pm Why does it allow you to put more than one activation in your account?
Dunno. It's 2x the same Plugin with 1 activation each.
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:42 pm Activations are not licenses.
:tu: Got it.

Thanks everybody :love: , I guess I let those licenses go now..

swTB wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 9:15 pm
zvenx wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 7:04 pm Why does it allow you to put more than one activation in your account?
Dunno. It's 2x the same Plugin with 1 activation each.
whyterabbyt wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 8:42 pm Activations are not licenses.
:tu: Got it.

Thanks everybody :love: , I guess I let those licenses go now..

:) oh that was your question I was answering... I knew the answer,.. it follows right after I rewrote the question :).
rsp
sound sculptist

Not every company charges for ilok transfers and there is a possibility that iZotope are one of the very few that don't, so I would ask them.

agharta wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:42 am Not every company charges for ilok transfers and there is a possibility that iZotope are one of the very few that don't, so I would ask them.
The fee is charged by PACE/iLok, not the vendors that use their system. It's not something a company can decide not to do. Every iLok transfer will absolutely need the fee to be paid.

The only way a company could get around it would be to revoke your license and grant a new one to the buyer but I imagine PACE has policies against that kind of thing.

limeopolis wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:48 am
agharta wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 1:42 am Not every company charges for ilok transfers and there is a possibility that iZotope are one of the very few that don't, so I would ask them.
The fee is charged by PACE/iLok, not the vendors that use their system. It's not something a company can decide not to do. Every iLok transfer will absolutely need the fee to be paid.

The only way a company could get around it would be to revoke your license and grant a new one to the buyer but I imagine PACE has policies against that kind of thing.
I have certainly seen it mentioned a few times.
I assumed that the vendors had a different contract with PACE that allowed them to offer this.
Or maybe it is something they offer occasionally as a discretionary service.
Or maybe I dreamt it or misunderstood what I was reading.
But if you have to do it yourself via ilok, the fee has to be paid.

limeopolis wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 5:48 am The only way a company could get around it would be to revoke your license and grant a new one to the buyer
That's exactly what PSP Audioware does.

Return to “Effects”