Logic Pro 11 is announced

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

Midi regions don't yet follow the chord track. If one converts a Session region into a midi region, that midi region shows the chords from the session region, but it doesn't do anything with them other than give the option to delete them. Either that is a bug, or future capability not yet implemented.

It would be helpful if I record some chords in a midi region and could then populate the chord track from them.

Anyone figured out MIDI out from AUi's yet? So far I have gotten it to work, but I suspect most AUi's haven't bothered or weren't informed to change their AU spec? Video online showing someone using the LFO MIDI tool to control other instruments etc. so at least Logics own MIDI tools can do it. No Luck with Reason Rack so far.

If you make a keyboard session track, at that point you can swap out the piano for another instrument. You cannot change the style without reverting to the piano, but as long as you keep the same style, you can adjust any of the parameters without losing the new instrument.

pdxindy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:27 am You cannot change the style without reverting to the piano,
Yes you can.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

And fwiw, you don't even need to call up the "original" session player instruments at all to have another instrument played. Just convert *any* MIDI region on any regular instrument track into a session player region (easiest way: CTL-click).
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

pdxindy wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 8:45 pm Midi regions don't yet follow the chord track. If one converts a Session region into a midi region, that midi region shows the chords from the session region, but it doesn't do anything with them other than give the option to delete them. Either that is a bug, or future capability not yet implemented.

It would be helpful if I record some chords in a midi region and could then populate the chord track from them.
yepp problem with this, and the reason why Bitwig doesn't get many features that are present in every other DAW, is that from this point on, it can be compared to similar features in other DAWs, where it should really stand out—in this case, the chord tracks in Cubase, and well, meh.

anyway found a this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKF5na_zXrk&

I'll quickly add that the situation isn't tragic, because the Toontrack EZKeys 2 has a perfectly good editor, and from now on, its MIDI output can be routed to other tracks' inputs. So, go for it ... not great, not terrible
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Sascha Franck wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:14 am
pdxindy wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 3:27 am You cannot change the style without reverting to the piano,
Yes you can.
Cool... thanks!

machinesworking wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:45 am Anyone figured out MIDI out from AUi's yet? So far I have gotten it to work, but I suspect most AUi's haven't bothered or weren't informed to change their AU spec? Video online showing someone using the LFO MIDI tool to control other instruments etc. so at least Logics own MIDI tools can do it. No Luck with Reason Rack so far.
Track inspector where you have midi ports - all tracks with instruments with midi out become a potential midi port

machinesworking wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 2:45 am Anyone figured out MIDI out from AUi's yet? So far I have gotten it to work, but I suspect most AUi's haven't bothered or weren't informed to change their AU spec? Video online showing someone using the LFO MIDI tool to control other instruments etc. so at least Logics own MIDI tools can do it. No Luck with Reason Rack so far.
Yeah I got it working with the MIDI out from Komplete Kontrol, as Ploki says, use the output of the track the MIDI plugin is in as the input of a track with an instrument

Ah great to see MIDI out for AUs, hopefully other DAWs will support it too.

I take back what i said about stem splitter.
- it’s much better than RX
- i just used it to debleed a vocal that was recorded with speaker monitoring and it worked great

ChromaGlow very useful saturator.
PS I rediscover Sculpture, amazing sounding synth in Logic.

Serhii Kot wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:31 pm ChromaGlow very useful saturator.
I don't know if it's novelty or the honeymoon phase, but my first thoughts were 'wow, this sounds better than my other saturators'. Is there some fancy tech going on that distinguishes it from the competition? I've been happy with SDRR for a long time.
Last edited by chagzuki on Fri May 17, 2024 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every day takes figuring out all over again how to f#ckin’ live.

I’ve chucked a bunch of test tones and it is pretty unique - saturation is far from standard waveshaping shapes.
Wont replace kelvin for me but definitely among better saturators in my opinion

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”