GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What? v2 patches sound practically identical in v3 to me... many if not most of the v3 factory bank makes use of wavetables (unfortunately) so those tend to be a lot brighter etc... but the v2 patches are still there and sound as glorious as they use to.
rsp
sound sculptist

A "lock icon" for the pitch bend amount would be extremely useful. Older patches are all over the map.

I agree. I love the presets from v2, so the first thing I did on v3 was quick playtest of how those classic v2 factory presets compared in the update. Sounds pretty identical to me. Maybe, there's some subliminal effect at play from using the new User Interface for certain users?

Has anyone performed a more comprehensive side-by-side comparison between impOSCar 3 and its predecessor yet? I assume that as long as the same settings are used in each, the audio output is pretty much identical, isn't it? i.e. without using any of the new added features in v3, which could obviously enhance/alter the results.

"those tend to be a lot brighter"

Brightness can adjusted to taste with the filter?

vitocorleone123 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:31 pm
Shifrin wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:08 pm Anyone notice and janky behaviour with the arpeggiator?! I'm using Bitwig Studio 5.1.9 / Windows 10. If I create a simple loop in Bitwig playing a two note arpeggio, set to up/pitch mode, the behaviour is not at all what I'd expect. The arpeggios seems to intermittently start on the higher note, when it should always start on the lower note, and it seems to also play the first note of each little 'two note' clip for two beats/double the length.

I don't normally use built in arpeggiators but seems very buggy to me...

Aside from that, loving the sound of this thing :tu:
Yes. I sent a note to them via technical support about the arp and the tempo setting changing per preset when the UX implies it's global. And also the high CPU usage with wavetables.
Yeah some patches with wavetables burns out a whole core and seeds into audio glitches. Not many synths can do that here. Doesn't seem normal cpu usage.

Here's the link to claim a free copy of v2 from Computer Music issue 328. Idk if it'll work still once you get past the questions.

https://www.musicradar.com/how-to/compu ... -downloads

It doesn’t

Hmmm.. I haven't played it much on my pc, but on my apple silicon mac, as I do with almost all the synths Ia m going to use, I am going thru the factory patches favouriting those I liked.. I have finished up to N so maybe about 60% of the patches.. I haven't found any that misbehave badly cpu wise thus far... anyone wants to point out a few?
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

kraster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 8:25 pmthe UI improvements are fantastic.
…and yet, it still sucks. :hihi:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

did the update improve on the IMP2 filter?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

zvenx wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 pm What? v2 patches sound practically identical in v3 to me... many if not most of the v3 factory bank makes use of wavetables (unfortunately) so those tend to be a lot brighter etc... but the v2 patches are still there and sound as glorious as they use to.
rsp
yeah,but why to buy the upgrade,just to play same presets you already have in v.2?
Wt is nice upgrade,but change how impscr sit in the mix .
I like the new gui more,just don't need wt so badly,expand time for sound design and i adore the simplicity of v2.
Many people ask same for Sylenth1,but i don't see need of wt upgrade on every great retro synth.
It's ok if could be added couple of new osc and lfo shapes or other improvements,just people who buy and use retro synths need it simple and efficient imo.

I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Against a wavetable you don't have to use? Complaining that it sounds different, yet when explained v2 patches sound the same in v3 you complain why bother updating if it sounds rhe same?

Also you know about the system on the original synth where you could build waves, right? So it's not some random addition. Sure it wasn't as sophisticated as this, but what's the point of software if you can't improve certain things?

Seems you're whingeing for the sake of it. Dont like it? Stay with v2 then and let the rest of us enjoy v3.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:02 am I'm not sure what you're arguing here. Against a wavetable you don't have to use? Complaining that it sounds different, yet when explained v2 patches sound the same in v3 you complain why bother updating if it sounds rhe same?

Also you know about the system on the original synth where you could build waves, right? So it's not some random addition. Sure it wasn't as sophisticated as this, but what's the point of software if you can't improve certain things?

Seems you're whingeing for the sake of it. Dont like it? Stay with v2 then and let the rest of us enjoy v3.
This seems overly harsh and not really fair if you read back over their posts. They were just casually talking about both things they liked and things they disliked about the new version, and noted that for them the new additions in V3 don't really improve what they thought made V2 special. Doesn't seem like they're complaining or being overly negative and doesn't really warrant such an aggressive response imo

concealed identity wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:33 am This seems overly harsh and not really fair if you read back over their posts. They were just casually talking about both things they liked and things they disliked about the new version, and noted that for them the new additions in V3 don't really improve what they thought made V2 special. Doesn't seem like they're complaining or being overly negative and doesn't really warrant such an aggressive response imo
It's becoming more common. Inability to express your opinions whether right or wrong without offending someone. While I think it's bad form somewhat on the products own thread, it should be fair game on other threads.
<list your stupid gear here>

Lol I'm not offended. To be honest I'm probably not in the best place to be posting anything at the moment, so if it came of overly harsh, sorry, it just rubbed me up the wrong way.

Return to “Instruments”