Introducing Wine by Acustica Audio: Euphonize your master in a few simple tweaks.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In the Pro Audio sector, the quest for tools that combine intuitive workflow, immediate execution, and high-quality, authentic analog sound in the box is unending. Acustica has met this challenge with Wine, a plugin that not only functions as a powerful tool but also enhances the creative experience. This allows users to produce competitively loud and professional-sounding masters without compromising the quality of their tracks.

Wine is the latest addition to our Acqua plugins, available in VST, VST3, AAX, and AU formats featuring carefully selected analog emulations in a comprehensive all-in-one tool. It's engineered from the ground up to effortlessly integrate what is known within the audio community as the “classic analog tone” into your DAW. Serving as a mastering finalizer and stereo enhancer, Wine injects a robust dose of analog warmth directly into your DAW’s master bus while introducing innovative features that set new standards in analog mastering.

This master bus beast definitely needs to be tamed, and it can also simplify the final, crucial phase of the production process: mastering. When you think the master is complete, using Wine can bring a new level of refinement, ensuring that your track achieves its full potential.

What makes Wine truly exciting?

“To drink wine is to drink genius”.
Charles Baudelaire

Creating Wine has been like making a wine to be proud of. Not unlike the process of producing a grand cuvée, we select the finest components with the same care and love a vintner would choose the best grapes. These elements are meticulously blended with precision and methodology. Just as a winemaker introduces innovative techniques to enhance the vintage, we infuse new tech features into our product. This approach ensures that this release, much like a superbly aged wine, enriches and amplifies the sensory experience it delivers.

Starting today, carefully memorize the terms Analog Plus and Euphonic. They proudly enter Acustica's vocabulary not merely as buzzwords but as terms that encapsulate a new leap forward in Acustica's technology, revisiting its roots and embracing the concept of preamplification with an emphasis on dynamic range and improved stereo panorama perception.

This implies an approach closer to hardware, definitively bypassing the artifacts introduced by the traditional dynamic approach to preamplifier reproduction, as initially experimented by Acustica. This allows for capturing some of the dynamic behaviors characteristic of preamplifiers, offering a superior analog listening experience compared to the past without any artifacts.

We are thrilled to share these innovations with our dedicated users, and we hope that Analog Plus and Euphonic will enhance your sonic experiences.

Key Features:

• Two different plugins to choose from (Wine and Fire The Blend).
• Hyper 3 technology.
• New Aria engine supporting dynamic/real-time metering displays.
• New Anti-Aliasing algorithm significantly reducing plugin aliasing issues.
• New 'Analog Plus' algorithm for dynamic preamp enhancement.
• New Stereo Field Enhancement algorithm.
• New True peak mode to prevent inter-sample peaks.
• High-quality dithering algorithm with 8 different modes.
• Five dithering bit depth modes.
• High-quality oversampling, up to 8x.
• Listening modes (Δ, LR, M, S).
• Resizable and responsive GUI.
• Presets available.

What you get

Wine is an Acqua plugin suite comprising two different standalone tools:

• Wine (Full Version): The complete version with all features.
• Fire The Blend (Lite Version): A streamlined and highly intuitive version from the Fire series.

Wine GUI

Fire The Blend

Fire The Blend, available in VST, VST3, AAX, and AU formats, is specifically designed to enhance preamp dynamic behavior and improve stereo panorama perception with few controls, delivering a genuine analog listening experience without traditional artifacts. This plugin features two key innovations: Analog Plus and Euphonic, each crafted to elevate audio production to new heights.

Fire The Blend GUI

Wine | Demo.

https://youtu.be/MlJFc1Ia9h4

Technical information & compatibility.

• Supported formats: VST2, VST3, AAX, and AU.
• Available sample rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, and 96 kHz.
• Windows 10 and 11 compatible.
• macOS 10.15 (Catalina) to macOS 13 (Ventura) compatible.
• Intel, AMD, and ARM compatible.
• Apple Silicon native (Rosetta not supported).

Price and availability.

Wine introductory price: €99 | 48% OFF until June 11, 2024 at 11:59 pm CET (reg. price €189) Get it here!

The product is in an introductory period for the first four weeks after release or until the first official version is released; this implies that it may receive improvements, changes, or fixes available through Aquarius Desktop updates.

Try our FREE 30-Day Trial
Note: Wine trial version includes 44.1 - 48 - 88.2 - 96 kHz sample rates.
Please remember that trials expire 30 days after authorization, and we strongly recommend not using trial products in commercial sessions or any important project.

User’s manual:
Wine user's manual

Wine webpage: https://www.acustica-audio.com/shop/products/WINE

Another week, another AA plugin with new super ultra hyper mega best ever whatever.

As clunky UI as always. Buggy as always. Great sound as always. So the same old same old and it all keeps repeating.

Yawn..
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 5:10 pm Another week, another AA plugin with new super ultra hyper mega best ever whatever.

As clunky UI as always. Buggy as always. Great sound as always. So the same old same old and it all keeps repeating.

Yawn..
Thank you. Someone had to bluntly say it. My thoughts exactly as always, whenever i see an AA post LMAO. I was hoping I was not the only one who thought this.

Update available in Aquarius:

• Wine rel. A032 and Wine (trial) rel. A007:
New Wine EQ module added, lower CPU usage in ZL mode for EUPHONIC and ALIVE modules

This plug-in incorporates the equalizer, filters, and preamplifier section, along with the related controls from these specific Wine modules, offering an exceptionally user-friendly experience.
It also ensures significantly lower CPU consumption compared to its more advanced counterpart, Wine.

Wine sounds nice. At first glance. I tried it on a trance house loop so that there was energy but also simplicity so I could more easily hear what Wine was doing. It gave the loop more spacial life. Just the kind of thing I like. However the CPU use was too high: i could only use 44.1k, 1x OAS, no clipper, no linear phase, otherwise any of those on would prevent real time monitoring. macpro 5,1 12 core 3.46G. Old yes but still formidble and can keep up with my plugin use generally. For one plugin to consume so much CPU really limits what I can do with it. It would require a lot of un/freezing, which is not usually part of my workflow... on the fence.

Yeah it eats CPU for breakfast. By far the most power hungry AA plugin to date.

It's incredibly buggy. Dither button doesn't light up when selecting dithering. Bits arrow shows no selected bitrate.. etc etc. No easy to use main output control, instead requiring double click and manually typing. It's rather incredible that these things get released as is.

I also found the new "alive" preamp processing to sound really bad. Pretty sure it's bugged.. completely destroys transients, especially if they have any lows in them, like a kick. Sounds like a linear-phase pre-ring mess but different.. same type of damage though.

The only part I quite like in Wine is the compressor and the Euphonic stereo processing, but that's about it.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

bmanic wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:20 am Yeah it eats CPU for breakfast. By far the most power hungry AA plugin to date.
Wine will certainly euthanize your CPU!

They really need to chill with their release schedule. Releasing a bugged plugin at this stage in your career is embarrassing.

They have a sort of monopoly in sample based FX and they seem to be getting too comfortable with that. Competition would be a positive thing.

ebook idea: Zen and the Art of Being an Acustica Audio Customer

Nobody:

Acustica Audio: our bestest, superest, fantasticest addition to our portfolio of euphonic mumblejumble is here, like a 1976 Chardonnay.

Without glasses, I thought it said "EUTHANIZE" your master. Words is hard... :-)
No disrespect intended. It was more a comment on my bad eyesight.

trmupstage wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 1:57 pm Without glasses, I thought it said "EUTHANIZE" your master. Words is hard... :-)
No disrespect intended. It was more a comment on my bad eyesight.
You're not the only one. :)

Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 pm They really need to chill with their release schedule. Releasing a bugged plugin at this stage in your career is embarrassing.

They have a sort of monopoly in sample based FX and they seem to be getting too comfortable with that. Competition would be a positive thing.
I kind of agree with that. To be fair, I also realize they have a schedule to keep and that it's impossible to catch every single bug before release. That said though, it does seem that they sometimes release plugins with the kinds of bugs that would not take an extraordinary amount of quality control effort to catch and might better deserve the title "beta" so yeah, I think sometimes scheduling takes precedents over quality. That goes for a million businesses. I've worked for some. jmo though.

dblock wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 5:12 pm
Danilo Villanova wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 11:58 pm They really need to chill with their release schedule. Releasing a bugged plugin at this stage in your career is embarrassing.

I kind of agree with that. To be fair, I also realize they have a schedule to keep and that it's impossible to catch every single bug before release. That said though, it does seem that they sometimes release plugins with the kinds of bugs that would not take an extraordinary amount of quality control effort to catch and might better deserve the title "beta" so yeah, I think sometimes scheduling takes precedents over quality. That goes for a million businesses. I've worked for some. jmo though.
and the dragging their feet for weeks over getting Sand4 attack and release settings to match Sand3 was just pure silliness.

Return to “Effects”