GForce impOSCar 3 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Examigan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:36 pm
Diomede18618 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 3:14 am On Computer Music 328 there's no download link for Imposcar2. No instructions to get a serial number either...
You have to answer a few questions related to the issue to get the code sent to you. I can't remember where that set of questions is now, but it worked for me.
how long ago did it work for you? because I contacted GForce and they said that offer was time-limited and implied it was expired.

I received my code on Dec. 30th.
I just checked the magazine article and it does say "for a limited time only".
Last edited by Examigan on Wed May 15, 2024 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JamminFool wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:40 pm I contacted GForce and they said that offer was time-limited and implied it was expired.
ah, oh well, the current price is still pretty good and I'm sure it's worth it

Examigan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:50 pm I received my code on Dec. 30th.
lucky you! i guess the rest of us missed it. :)

Diomede18618 wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 2:01 pm
JamminFool wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:40 pm I contacted GForce and they said that offer was time-limited and implied it was expired.
ah, oh well, the current price is still pretty good and I'm sure it's worth it
true! trying the demo now and i like it.

GForce was never on my radar until lately, but they seem to be on a roll.

Someone selling impOSCar 2 for 5 euros here:
viewtopic.php?t=566785
and another for sale here:
viewtopic.php?t=606165
Last edited by Examigan on Wed May 15, 2024 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Buckster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:23 pm have to admit as both an impOSCar 2 and Legend owner

price aside - the demo of impOSCar 3 is captivating me more than Legend HZ so far
I’m not sure how useful a comparison between a souped up Model D emulation and a souped up OSCar emulation is. Really different animals.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:00 pm
Buckster wrote: Tue May 14, 2024 4:23 pm have to admit as both an impOSCar 2 and Legend owner

price aside - the demo of impOSCar 3 is captivating me more than Legend HZ so far
I’m not sure how useful a comparison between a souped up Model D emulation and a souped up OSCar emulation is. Really different animals.

I’m not sure how useful a comparison between a comparison and a personal preference is. Really different animals.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

I’m not sure how useful a comparison between really different animals is.

Maybe if only *one* of them is really different, it'd be ok...

Apples and Starfish?

I like turtles (and apples).
<list your stupid gear here>

whyterabbyt wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:12 pm
zerocrossing wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 4:00 pm

I’m not sure how useful a comparison between a comparison and a personal preference is. Really different animals.
Why not compare it to anything then? How about that Icarus update? Pretty awesome.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Anyone notice and janky behaviour with the arpeggiator?! I'm using Bitwig Studio 5.1.9 / Windows 10. If I create a simple loop in Bitwig playing a two note arpeggio, set to up/pitch mode, the behaviour is not at all what I'd expect. The arpeggios seems to intermittently start on the higher note, when it should always start on the lower note, and it seems to also play the first note of each little 'two note' clip for two beats/double the length.

I don't normally use built in arpeggiators but seems very buggy to me...

Aside from that, loving the sound of this thing :tu:
"Micro Kid speaks digi-talk.."

Shifrin wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:08 pm Anyone notice and janky behaviour with the arpeggiator?! I'm using Bitwig Studio 5.1.9 / Windows 10. If I create a simple loop in Bitwig playing a two note arpeggio, set to up/pitch mode, the behaviour is not at all what I'd expect. The arpeggios seems to intermittently start on the higher note, when it should always start on the lower note, and it seems to also play the first note of each little 'two note' clip for two beats/double the length.

I don't normally use built in arpeggiators but seems very buggy to me...

Aside from that, loving the sound of this thing :tu:
Yes. I sent a note to them via technical support about the arp and the tempo setting changing per preset when the UX implies it's global. And also the high CPU usage with wavetables.

v.2 was Love at First Sight/Play to me,bough it for 4.99 just to add it to collection and didn't expect anything serious at all,but what a surprise...no other synth i've ever touch can do useful layers all across audible spectrum for like 20 second and to add immediately analogish vibe.
v.3 is better technically,but the sound is modern bright and miss something fom retro vibe of v.2. imo.
Hesitate about it,worth 29.99 no doubt,want it in the collection,just don't need it badly ...yet :)
Anyway it was really nice surprise.

Return to “Instruments”