An Alternative To Reaktor?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jeff McClintock wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:02 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:35 pm Synthedit and Synth maker (flowstone? Maybe part of FL?) both have huge potential but I don't think either really survived the move to 64-bit (God knows about post Intel Mac).
SynthEdit is actively developed and supports 32-bit, 64-bit, Windows, macOS both Intel and ARM (M1 etc) for many years.
Eh? Is SynthEdit, the software itself, really available for Mac ARM M1? I thought the software itself is just for Windows.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

There is nothing like Reakta, it is on top of the chain for sound design nerds, the limits - only your imagination.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

swilow11 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 9:22 am
pekbro wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:44 am Some folks are just so over the top, they will illicit a particular type of response most every time they say anything. Truth be told its their own fault more times than not. Trying to say that we are hostile towards anyone without rhyme or reason is not really a good indicator of having a viewpoint based on actual reality. :shrug:
I don't recall you at all so not sure who "we" is but blaming the victim is a pretty typical bullying tactic. And sure, perhaps this user says silly things. We're talking about music software, not global politics. Who cares? The post that started this was just unnecessarily cruel.
I don't recall you either, So I don't know why you felt the need to quote me.

Anyway, no worries, the 'victim' as you put it, has demonstrated a natural immunity to criticism on many occasions. :tu:

*btw: I meant 'we' as in participants of this thread, which I am, since the first page.
Unlike yourself, prior to stepping into to combat injustice and all.

pekbro wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 12:43 pm Anyway, no worries, the 'victim' as you put it, has demonstrated a natural immunity to criticism on many occasions. :tu:
I can tell you why that is... :)

After 24 years of posting on forums, I found that when people attack others on public forums for no reason other than because they are inherently feeling inadequate within themselves and have an impulsive nature to lash out, they don't realise that they are holding a mirror up to themselves for the wider community to look at and as such they paint a bad picture of themselves. This indeed has an impact on the image of a website as a whole from those new to it and those who frequent it, which is why moderators are essential for creating a safe place for people to post without fear of being victimised.

I know my strengths and weaknesses, being self-absorbed isn't in my character, and being exuberant, fun, and confident in my abilities I am. However, I was brought up properly in a way to respect others and accept people for who they are. You can't change people, it's up to them to change themselves.

__

To those who have contributed helpfully, thank you for taking the time out of your day to do so. I've not had much time to investigate much in the way of the suggestions that have been provided as of late. Currently in the process of managing a whole house re-organising / and redecoration in preparation of a new heat pump heating system and music room/studio, besides being out and about keeping fit in the beautiful weather we have atm.
Last edited by THE INTRANCER on Sun May 12, 2024 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 amBut to you answer your question : Plug data
I'm looking at this and Supercollider at the moment. Obvious SC drawback is it can't run in a DAW (at the moment). But there are workarounds like Jack and Ableton Link. SC seems more programmer friendly, super flexible, and more stable. Easier polyphony, built for algorithmic composition, and very good GUI building capabilities with QT.

In the meantime I'm not abandoning Reaktor, which is rock solid for me and unlikely to vanish anytime soon despite NI's current lack of interest in adding new features.

Ficciones wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:41 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 10:16 amBut to you answer your question : Plug data
I'm looking at this and Supercollider at the moment. Obvious SC drawback is it can't run in a DAW (at the moment). But there are workarounds like Jack and Ableton Link. SC seems more programmer friendly, super flexible, and more stable. Easier polyphony, built for algorithmic composition, and very good GUI building capabilities with QT.

In the meantime I'm not abandoning Reaktor, which is rock solid for me and unlikely to vanish anytime soon despite NI's current lack of interest in adding new features.
All reaktor needs is some TLC on th gui front , just like pure data morphed into Plugdata .
I use all three but lately I am verry deep into plugdata , it's a lot of fun and doesn't sound half bad when oversampling is on .
Right out of the box , Reaktor and Supercollider have the best dsp blocks but for pure experimentation Plug data ( pure dat a) is aweseome .
You just need to know the little tricks to get get z-1 feedback for certain FM algo's etc , mutable Instruments Plaits is now also included etc ..and for midi stuff plugdata is awesome .

I just need to tackle polyphony in Plugdata becasue it's doing my head in , so unintuitive .
Good times to choose a modular nvironment .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:58 pmAll reaktor needs is some TLC on th gui front , just like pure data morphed into Plugdata
NI could do worse than hire Timothy Schoen to head that effort, if and when it comes.

Ficciones wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 7:14 pm
gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:58 pmAll reaktor needs is some TLC on th gui front , just like pure data morphed into Plugdata
NI could do worse than hire Timothy Schoen to head that effort, if and when it comes.
Original pure data graphics were already vector based , plugdata is using the Juce framework to do the heavy lifting .
Reaktor is all bitmap and I don't think N.I. will ever use a third company development program like Juce , but yeah Timothy did a great Job
Eyeball exchanging

I'd love to build a hardware version of this for my studio, I'd be interested to know if any existing hardware synths (including modular) share a similar sort of design and feature set before venturing down that road though. It would have to be a personal project though as I don't think I'd have the funds for something like this to go into commercial development.

KVR S1-Thread | The Intrancersonic-Design Source > Program Resource | Studio One Resource | Music Gallery | 2D / 3D Sci-fi Art | GUI Projects | Animations | Photography | Film Docs | 80's Cartoons | Games | Music Hardware |

LOL , wel at least he waited for 3 pages , it's just another excuse to showhis gui stuff.
Upload some of your ensembes , or at least tell us what YOU think is lacking in reaktor that holds you back ?
Eyeball exchanging

gentleclockdivider wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:31 pmI don't think N.I. will ever use a third company development program like Juce
I was surprised when they used Lua in the Kontakt creator tools. I thought, maybe the culture is changing and they're opening up a little. Dunno if that was before or after the buyout. If you sell open source or third party tools to the equity ghouls as a money saving money making route, then maybe...?

THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:08 pm I know my strengths and weaknesses, being self-absorbed isn't in my character...
You got to be joking, right?
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

:lol:

bmanic wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:19 am
THE INTRANCER wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:08 pm I know my strengths and weaknesses, being self-absorbed isn't in my character...
You got to be joking, right?
I'm not joking, I'm passionate and driven to succeed in my goals, but to meet me in person it's one trait you just won't see in me. I'm pretty down-to-earth and well-liked by all who know me in my little town and those I've worked with minus a few assholes. If I were self-absorbed, I'd be dancing around on youtube, or something but that's not me. :D

Don't worry, most people are self-absorbed narcissists, you're not special.
<list your stupid gear here>

Return to “Instruments”