Bitwig 5.2 BETA available

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

vroteg wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:08 am
Ok. Small company of a few people. Great way to start business. 10 years later and at version 5 not so great. It’s about time to invest in staff and expand the business. No?
And this is another prove that they make program for themselves only. But this is not how business works…
I don't think you understand how the world works. This is not an apple or Microsoft. This is a small company, in a pretty niche software area, where there is an abundance of companies and compeition. It's much more niche than image or video work.

More staff doesn't simply equal better software. I'm not sure they could even just add people very easily if they wanted to.

It's a knowledge based industry and they would need a very select bunch of skills: audio maths knowledge, low level performant code for the core audio engine, cross platform knowledge, graphical and other UI skills, then you need to know about music, synths, FX and audio production, then you need to know all the complexity and functionality of the Bitwig DAW.

These guys have created an awesome DAW and have proven themselves to be fantastically talented developers.

I find it strange that you and others can be both this naive and entitled in your views.

Personally I hope the whole Bitwig team are well componsated and able to make a good living to support their lives and families.

_leras wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:46 pm
vroteg wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:08 am
Ok. Small company of a few people. Great way to start business. 10 years later and at version 5 not so great. It’s about time to invest in staff and expand the business. No?
And this is another prove that they make program for themselves only. But this is not how business works…
I don't think you understand how the world works.
Fully agree.
I find it strange that you and others can be both this naive and entitled in your views.
You are being unfair here. The vast majority of people (if not everybody) disagree with vroteg.
Personally I hope the whole Bitwig team are well componsated and able to make a good living to support their lives and families.
100%

vroteg wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 8:47 am
SmajjL wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:54 am
…Exuse moi! we have more FUN thing to do in our lives and with the new Bitwig 5.2 *beta* stuff….
Of cause. Nothing wrong about having fun. I’m glad you are having a lot of fun. While pros actually need tools to do the job. Not only to have fun.
Either bitwig need to stop calling itself a pro blah blah. Or fulfill statement and start to release pro features.
What on *earth* are you talking about? Bitwig is "professional". Cubase is "professional". Live is "professional". Etc. There are many kinds of professionals, or expert-level, or very experienced users and producers - whatever the hell you need to call them, and they use various DAWs, software solutions, instruments, decks, or found objects to make music with. Bitwig has professional features. Cubase has professional features (and incredibly unprofessional customer support and forum moderation).

vroteg wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:03 amLook at Logic Pro 11 for example and start to salivate what they have for the update.
Then stop whining here and go enjoy AI making music for you if that makes you happy :tu:

Vroteg is an AI created by apple to piss us all off... And I have to admit that the results are pretty covincing... Maybe it's time to switch...

foosnark wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm
Alpha testing is by definition done internally. It catches most of the obvious "this feature doesn't work" or "click here and it crashes" stuff….
Proves my point. You have no idea what you are talking about. Alpha testers are small group of selected people. I was alpha tester for initial version 1. Have nothing to do with this company.
foosnark wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm So you acknowledge that many people disagree with you, and the "lack of actual useful features" is your own opinion…
I’m in a few closed groups of bitwig users. This opinion is dominant.
foosnark wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm I don't care about Logic. Aside from being a Windows user who dislikes Apple in general, it doesn't have the features I want and Bitwig does.
This proves my point about you have issues. If you think there is a war between platforms and you must hate Mac’s? Oh well. It’s just a matter of preference. Your hate is absolut bs. People should avoid “a hate Mac” at all times.

hariossa wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:23 am
Then stop whining here and go enjoy AI making music for you if that makes you happy :tu:
There is a huge difference between AI making music for you and AI helping. I’m personally against the aunts that make sounds for you or melody writing AI powered soft.
But there are cases where AI is helpful. Samples sorting, stem separation for educational purposes or distortion algorithm learning.

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 10:59 pm You are being unfair here. The vast majority of people (if not everybody) disagree with vroteg.

Disagrees here and only here because this topics are heavily influenced by bitwig. Yes I know you are here, Dave. Shame on you.

vroteg wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:41 pm
foosnark wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm
Alpha testing is by definition done internally. It catches most of the obvious "this feature doesn't work" or "click here and it crashes" stuff….
Proves my point. You have no idea what you are talking about. Alpha testers are small group of selected people. I was alpha tester for initial version 1. Have nothing to do with this company.
I'm literally a software developer. Also, you can find any number of definitions of "alpha testing" online which state it exactly this way. Do sometimes people will also use external testers for an early testing phase and call it "alpha"? Sure, probably. But it's absolutely not wrong to call what Bitwig is doing "beta testing."
foosnark wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:07 pm I don't care about Logic. Aside from being a Windows user who dislikes Apple in general, it doesn't have the features I want and Bitwig does.
This proves my point about you have issues. If you think there is a war between platforms and you must hate Mac’s? Oh well. It’s just a matter of preference. Your hate is absolut bs. People should avoid “a hate Mac” at all times.
Please point to where I said there is a "war between platforms" or even "hate". I said "dislikes Apple in general" and that's exactly what I meant.

But by all means, avoid me! You're going on ignore anyway.

vroteg wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:41 pm Proves my point. You have no idea what you are talking about. Alpha testers are small group of selected people. I was alpha tester for initial version 1. Have nothing to do with this company.
Wrong.
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Wow, vroteg was present when it all started. I wonder what his first feedback was like then :hihi:

Bjørnson wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 8:18 pm Wow, vroteg was present when it all started. I wonder what his first feedback was like then :hihi:
Perhaps with a long delay with aggressive feedback :hihi:
MuLab of course :D

Happy Mapother's Day!
image661292.jpg
give em hell vroteg!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Funk Dracula wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:29 pm
SLiC wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:04 pm Has anyone actually posted a review of it yet?
Not yet and frankly I hope the Bitwig youtubers hold off for a sec because I'm 99% sure they don't understand what it actually does. I don't either 100% at the moment and have kind of been saving it as the last thing to look at in the beta. (I'm more interested in learning about the applications of the new all pass filter in the Grid which is a kind of rabbit hole)

Every video I glanced at describes it as a multi-band compressor, which is incorrect, because clearly in Bitwig's own video dude specifically says it is not haha. From my glance at it, it has a really comprehensive multi-band side chain circuit of sorts. So it's like a multi-band like thing that dictates the broad band compression that actually is applied to your signal? There is alot going on with it and alot to unpack so it'll probably be a minute until we actually see a comprehensive and not misguided or incorrect video review of it.
the comp+ multiband detection seems to follow a similar idea to Tone Project's Unisum multiband detection.

SYS 64738

I'm sure vroteq is one user who was ban before and basically remade an account. A stellar troll with nothing of value..

It made me think about unisum too which i use and i kinda prefer unisum but its not the same beast haha

Return to “Bitwig”