The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

kmonkey wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 6:53 am Oh, guys stop it. Why don't you enjoy this pinnacle of DSP engineering?

It is a weekend, give it a rest and enjoy
Enjoying very much.

BONES wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:15 am Then why would you make such a pointless distinction, when a DCO can be made to sound precisely as unstable and badly tuned as even the worst VCO, should that be desired?
The only pointless here with your thought. It's you
Please move on.

Still no demo?

OrionAlpha101 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 11:39 am Still no demo?
Well the dev said working on it Friday night... Maybe we can give the benefit of the weekend :-).

My guess is Synapse is one of those devs that wants to make sure there aren't any major bugs and maybe even get the first point release out before making a demo available.

Can someone confirm that Legend HZ has a true arpeggiator (i.e., it arpeggiates only the notes [+/- octaves] that I play into it)? The manual seems to infer that it does, but I’ve watched a few snippets of YouTube vids and the “Arps” all seem to look and sound like one-note-wonders played by a step sequencer.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 pm Can someone confirm that Legend HZ has a true arpeggiator (i.e., it arpeggiates only the notes [+/- octaves] that I play into it)? The manual seems to infer that it does, but I’ve watched a few snippets of YouTube vids and the “Arps” all seem to look and sound like one-note-wonders played by a step sequencer.
If by true arpeggiator you mean that the arpeggiator will play the note of your chord and only these notes, with a pattern you define (up, down, updown, etc...).

Then YES. It has an arpeggiator.
AND also a step sequencer. You choose. The arpeggiator can basically be evolved into a step sequencer. For me it is quite similar from the arpeggiator of Bitwig if you happen to have this DAW.
Last edited by Jac459 on Sat May 11, 2024 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:13 pm
cryophonik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 2:36 pm Can someone confirm that Legend HZ has a true arpeggiator (i.e., it arpeggiates only the notes [+/- octaves] that I play into it)? The manual seems to infer that it does, but I’ve watched a few snippets of YouTube vids and the “Arps” all seem to look and sound like one-note-wonders played by a step sequencer.
If by true arpeggiator you mean that the arpeggiator will play the note of your chord and only these notes, with a pattern you define (up, down, updown, etc...).

AND also a step sequencer. You choose. The arpeggiator can basically be evolved into a step sequencer. For me it is quite similar from the arpeggiator go Bitwig if you happen to have this DAW.
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m wanting to know and exactly what I needed to push me over the edge. Thanks! Time to upgrade. :phones:
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7 | TR-8S | MPC One | TD-3 MO

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:15 pm

AND also a step sequencer. You choose. The arpeggiator can basically be evolved into a step sequencer. For me it is quite similar from the arpeggiator go Bitwig if you happen to have this DAW.
Yes, that’s exactly what I’m wanting to know and exactly what I needed to push me over the edge. Thanks! Time to upgrade. :phones:
Well, happy upgrade ! A lot has been said in this thread about virtual analogs, vs Dune, vs I don't know what.

What I can tell you is that Legend HZ is part of the synths that sound instantly nice and pleasant with a very fat sound. And the addition of MSEG really give you a control over the sound that you didn't get with Legend 1. Somehow I find it now more powerful, better sounding and easier to approach than The Legend.
So a big win imv....

Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:22 pm

Well, happy upgrade ! A lot has been said in this thread about virtual analogs, vs Dune, vs I don't know what.

What I can tell you is that Legend HZ is part of the synths that sound instantly nice and pleasant with a very fat sound. And the addition of MSEG really give you a control over the sound that you didn't get with Legend 1. Somehow I find it now more powerful, better sounding and easier to approach than The Legend.
So a big win imv....
Yeah, way too much noise and blah blah blah in this thread. I think I own every Synapse synth made to date, including all versions of Dune, countless other VAs and hardware analogs, etc. There’s no this vs that for me - I just want everything! OK, but seriously, I buy synths for what they are, not how much better/worse they are than something else. And Synapse has never disappointed me, so this upgrade was imminent for me anyway. :D

It is the sound, that makes the difference. This instrument is great.
artie fichelle sounds natural

cryophonik wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:33 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 3:22 pm

So a big win imv....
Yeah, way too much noise and blah blah blah in this thread. I think I own every Synapse synth made to date, including all versions of Dune, countless other VAs and hardware analogs, etc. There’s no this vs that for me - I just want everything! OK, but seriously, I buy synths for what they are, not how much better/worse they are than something else. And Synapse has never disappointed me, so this upgrade was imminent for me anyway. :D
The question for me is ... Will there be an Obsession HZ ? (Or just 2 would be enough for me).

I am more an Oberheim guy than Moog. Sorry for the blasphemy.

I bought it because it sounds great. There don't seem to be a lot of presets included. Can anyone recommend good third party presets.

I assume you mean for Legend that are compatible to the HZ... It is so new, I haven't heard of any third party banks that use the new features, much less good third party banks which do.
Understandable.

Depends on what type of sounds.. Synapse has their own Modern Analog Bank for the Legend which is of course compatible (clearly not third party).
I personally didn't find any third party banks for the Legend that I liked, ymmv.
rsp
sound sculptist

I love the OG Legend factory presets, they render perfectly in HZ.

Return to “Instruments”