The Legend HZ by Synapse Audio now available!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Legend The Legend HZ

I agree with the original assessment: bad joke!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:29 pm I agree with the original assessment: bad joke!
Boo :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Mediocre joke. Maybe a suggestion for Behringer.

Just for reference, there were many Minimoogs clones, including the "voyager" (I think that's what Moog called their own clone) that could be chained into a polyphonic synth. Just pointing that out as I have nothing better to do.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Little Phatty can be chained too, though it’s not a Minimoog clone.

Ah_Dziz wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:18 am Is the demo available yet? I'm interested enough to give it a try for sure. I may get around to really giving Dune a fair shake while I'm at it. I really just have so many options at this point that I get lazy about checking out things, especially subtractive synthesizers.
Should be any day now :) We had a lot of emails to answer since launch, so excuse the small delay.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

BONES wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:10 am
briefcasemanx wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:34 amDune doesn't do analog sounds all that well.
I don't understand what that really means. I can get great analogue sounds out of DUNE with minimal effort, just as I can get very digital sounds out of Legend. Yes, DUNE is able to sound very ultra-modern - clean and crisp - but that doesn't mean it has to sound like that.
Instead of replying to me, work on getting competent ears and or monitoring.
Or how about you take the time to learn how to use the tools you have?
You don't understand what a lot of things mean. Enjoy the bad ears and or monitoring though!

And clearly you don't know what you're talking about anyway, given your effort at dissembling rather than making an effort to illuminate us. And if your sole guide are your monitors, you're a fool because nobody else is going to listen to your music on studio reference monitors, mostly they'll be listening through krappy Bluetooth earbuds and all that minutiae you agonise over will be completely lost on your audience.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

I agree Dune sound by default more like a modern DCO.
The best is to modulate the osc fine with a lfo set to S&G
Also modulate with the noise

Unfortunately it's not subtle on the cut off even set to 1
Last edited by Gam456 on Sat May 11, 2024 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

You do understand that a DCO is still an analogue oscillator, right?
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 12:28 am You do understand that a DCO is still an analogue oscillator, right?
I hope you understnd if I'm talking about DCO, that's mean I know what is a VCO and obviously analog

Then why would you make such a pointless distinction, when a DCO can be made to sound precisely as unstable and badly tuned as even the worst VCO, should that be desired?

In digital plugins they are all digital just made to act as analog oscillators. You can make Serum to sound analog :)

Yeah but the whole point is that in the case of Legend HZ, this tuning has been done by experts, who spent a lot of time in it, with a total control on the architecture because doing the code themselves, so that it sounds almost exactly like the original.
There is a value in that because the sound of the Moog is attached to our collective unconscious because we heard it so much. It is like 808, 909, 101 or 303. My kids don't know what it is, but they are able to recognise an 808 cowbell in a track...
Having such a tuning without having to do it yourself is valuable.

Personally I don't use this much but I still love the sound of it...

Oh, guys stop it. Why don't you enjoy this pinnacle of DSP engineering?

It is a weekend, give it a rest and enjoy

Return to “Instruments”