One Synth Challenge #183: AudiblePlanets by Greg Recco / gregrecco67

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

MalToné wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 am My entry:

https://soundcloud.com/chavapoulos/malt ... ets-osc183

I've had trouble running more than a few instances of Audible Planets on my set up. Here's a single instance ambient piece.

Audible Planets x 1 + Audible Planets built in effects

DAW: Ableton 10

Ableton Effects: EQ 8 x 1; Utility x 1
Are you running Ableton 10 Lite? I thinks lite version are limited in total tracks.

loubaker wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 5:57 pm Example Rules:
[...]
Yes your original vocals for this track.
You probably just tossed this out as an example of the kind of brevity you want, but just in case there is a misunderstanding, vocals are not allowed. All sounds must come from the synth.

(If you can imitate vocals with the synth, without the use of samples, that is allowed.)
Celebrating 50 years of pants with frogs in them

loubaker wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 am
MalToné wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:57 am
I've had trouble running more than a few instances of Audible Planets on my set up. Here's a single instance ambient piece.
Are you running Ableton 10 Lite? I thinks lite version are limited in total tracks.
His problem was an underpowered computer and could not run many tracks, not because he was running a lite version of Ableton.

dB

loubaker wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 2:44 am soundcloud.com/search?q=James%20Dupre%20-%20Another%20Love%20Song%20Contest%202024
Found 500+ tracks. The live final review on YouLube they said it was over 1400. . .
Took them over a month to announce the finalist. Crazy~
That is not something the KVR OSC wants to emulate. Here if you submit a track, all the other producers will actually listen to your track (we think...) and vote on it. Hopefully many will offer feedback, athough this month especially soundcloud's algorithm is blocking comments.

When some company runs a contest that has thousands of entrants, it's just a promotional ad for the company. They don't actually listen to most of the tracks. It's really quite sad in my opinion, all the people submitting who don't understand this.

The 183 stands for 183 consecutive months by the way, which suggests this is working decently well. Not perfect but before criticizing consider that this has been going on for 15 years with many really intelligent people taking part.

empphryio wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 1:57 pm When some company runs a contest that has thousands of entrants, it's just a promotional ad for the company. They don't actually listen to most of the tracks. It's really quite sad in my opinion, all the people submitting who don't understand this.
I agree with this. Also, the 3 prizes have already been allocated to their "friends in the industry" and tracks are likely to not be listened to.

dB

loubaker wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 3:13 am
HI, No it's Ableton Suite on Windows 10. Computer works pretty well, my set up won't play nice with this particular synth though: any more than a few instances and I can't close and re-open a project in Ableton. I could keep the computer on and not close Ableton, but if it crashes or restarts I lose the entire project. Anyway it gave me the opportunity to try a single instance track and reverb as an instrument, I cranked the verb on on the synth to the max for most of the piece.
"I can't listen to the Ninth anymore at all."

That's a old version. A lot of daw companies are dropping the ball . . . Try another daw. This syth is putting out a strange spikey random clicking on some of my presets. Especially apparent when pushing hard on the gain. I have not pin pointed it yet. It sounds like bad voltage and no line suppression on my power. But, that's not the cause. It's in the plugin. I have not found a issue with too many instances in Reaper, and I have 9 test tracks so far. . . Good luck!

Ok. Here's my track. Quite a sparse arrangement based around A7#5#9, D7#9, G7b5b9, CMaj9, Cm11, Ebm11, Gbm11, Am11.

DAW: Reaper 7
Track Details: 9 * AudiblePlanets, 9 * ReaEQ, 2 * Oril River (busses), 4 * OTT (light perc. duties), 1 * Limiter No. 6
Master: TDRVOS SlickEQ, Voxengo MSED, Limiter No. 6
Meter: SPAN, Youlean Loudness Meter
Stats: LUFS: -14.2, DR: 11

Please enjoy this sort of contemporary jazz piece. I had fun fitting in leads around the chords. Hope it worked.

https://soundcloud.com/doctorbob/the-pl ... bleplanets

You lost me. You moved to Reaper? Where's your track?

violator_alba wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 7:51 pm
Aiynzahev wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 4:00 pm Sorry to be a dunce, how do I actually download and get this into my DAW? edit never mind, I found the VST file :)

OK Mac OSX won't allow me to run it
In the OSX terminal, type sudo xattr -cr then a space and drag the file in the Terminal window (to fill in its path)
Got it. Thank you!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

https://soundcloud.com/madmcman/orbitronik-waves
Here's my OSC track made in Bitwig with 21copies of Audible Planets making all the sounds.

Using the following free FX:
AirWindows Air2
AirWindows Inflamer
AirWindows Galactic
AirWindows MacEQ
Frontier
Limiter No6
LoudMax
Sound Delay
TDR Kotelnikov
TDR Nova
Pancz
STFU
SuperCharger

and Bitwig:.
Audio Reciever
Compressor+
Convolution
Drum Machine
EQ-5
Instrument Selector
Key Filter
Note Transpose
Peak Limiter
Stereo Split
Tool

Where is this track? SoundCloud? Link?

loubaker wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:08 am Where is this track? SoundCloud? Link?
my track? its in the post. do you have an adblock or anti script thing running? KVR auto embed soundcloud links.

Oh yeah. I have every adblock, Ghostery, CloudFlare, Warp+ and tripled firewall on everything. So, I can't begin to guess what app/sys/layer is blocking this imbed...

MadMcMan wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:15 am
loubaker wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 3:08 am Where is this track? SoundCloud? Link?
my track? its in the post. do you have an adblock or anti script thing running? KVR auto embed soundcloud links.
Found it! Privacy Badger found 6 threats on this site. I disable the soundcloud tracker temporarily. Thanks!

Return to “Instruments”