XLN Life

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Life

billinder33 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 4:45 pm A final concern, and this one is more about XLN's product lifecycle approach than Life specifically...
Yup- I posted something similar earlier, XO was so close to great and really the things people desperately wanted didn't seem difficult to add (like exporting 16 drums not just 8). There seem to be very similar limitation in Life (like just 8 sample slices to sequence)

We can only hope they do a few updates and listen to what the users want.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Haven't seen this answered, apologies if redundant.

If I have a long slice, is there a way to spread that across multiple sequencer steps?

Really impressed with how it nails those perc toplines, and the whole concept is fresh. Bit on the pricey side tho..

iowastate89 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:28 pm Haven't seen this answered, apologies if redundant.

If I have a long slice, is there a way to spread that across multiple sequencer steps?
You'd have to slice the slice!

You can manually edit each slice if you want.

Each sequencer step triggers a slice.

There are four lanes but a lane can be assigned more than one slice. The max amount of slices is 8 (I think).

If a lane has more than one slice you can trigger a slice on a step basis.

I was initially cynical about this plugin.

Demoed it and got bored with it but I kept running into scenarios where I felt like Life would be exactly the thing for a particular scenario.

So I bought it and it has become one of my most used plugins by far.

As someone said above, it's actually the simplicity and immediacy that's its biggest appeal.

It's very easy to get interesting results.

yeah im demoing right now it feels amazing and extremely frustrating at the same time. very functional, immediate and beautiful but super limited. 150€ is a big ask for something this limited. id even probably feel a bit bad getting for 80 but i might. its very useful to turn foley and samples into supportive percussion layers. export functionality is great so you can sequence elsewhere.

Return to “Instruments”