Best synths for iPad with a computer version.

If you are new here check this forum first, your question may have been answered.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:12 pm Not Bitwig as it doesn’t support Au3. Just Logic and Ableton Live 11.
Ok, clear, thanks !

Jac459 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:20 pm
svrc wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:59 pm Synthmaster One, Synthmaster 2.
Bought both, thanks !
I seems to have really a ton of bugs though...
Is it also your experience ? I have bugs both in the iPad and desktop versions :-(...

For example:
==> In Bitwig, switching from one project to another, synthmaster2 is sometimes not playing I need to restart the audio engine a second time (I never had this issue with other plugins).
==> In Cubasis (IpadOS), the modulation matrix doesn't seems to work or is unresponsive, when I try to attach a LFO to a destination for example, I have to try about 10 times until it happens.
==> In Cubasis (IpadOS), wen I am trying to select something in a list, sometimes (and only sometimes), it select the item but choose finally another one. For example choosing as a modulation destination oscillator 1 pitch, I finally modulate oscillator 4 phase (WTF ?!)

On both, I also had a few crashes, and in Cubasis I had also the UI not showing (like the plugin is all grey, or he refuses to show sending an error message) forcing me to restart the DAW completely.

I have shy of 100 VST and I never had by far such an experience. My worst plugin was crashing maybe once every 3 months (the otherwise very good Rob Papen Punch2).
So I am very surprise and I wonder if I did something wrong or I have some problem in my setup.
Do you have the same XP ?

Jac459 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:15 am
Jac459 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:20 pm
svrc wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 1:59 pm Synthmaster One, Synthmaster 2.
Bought both, thanks !
I seems to have really a ton of bugs though...
Is it also your experience ? I have bugs both in the iPad and desktop versions :-(...

For example:
==> In Bitwig, switching from one project to another, synthmaster2 is sometimes not playing I need to restart the audio engine a second time (I never had this issue with other plugins).
==> In Cubasis (IpadOS), the modulation matrix doesn't seems to work or is unresponsive, when I try to attach a LFO to a destination for example, I have to try about 10 times until it happens.
==> In Cubasis (IpadOS), wen I am trying to select something in a list, sometimes (and only sometimes), it select the item but choose finally another one. For example choosing as a modulation destination oscillator 1 pitch, I finally modulate oscillator 4 phase (WTF ?!)

On both, I also had a few crashes, and in Cubasis I had also the UI not showing (like the plugin is all grey, or he refuses to show sending an error message) forcing me to restart the DAW completely.

I have shy of 100 VST and I never had by far such an experience. My worst plugin was crashing maybe once every 3 months (the otherwise very good Rob Papen Punch2).
So I am very surprise and I wonder if I did something wrong or I have some problem in my setup.
Do you have the same XP ?
Hi. I cannot help you. I have Synthmaster One only on IPad which i rarely use.

Check KVR forum and Audiobus forum for IOS version.

One of the greatest synths of all time has an iOS app which can also be used on the Mac(book): Moog Model D

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/mini ... esizer-app

And from the same great manufacturer: AniMoog

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/animoog-z
At the beginning of something beautiful...

Dust_NL wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:20 am One of the greatest synths of all time has an iOS app which can also be used on the Mac(book): Moog Model D

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/mini ... esizer-app

And from the same great manufacturer: AniMoog

https://www.moogmusic.com/products/animoog-z
Whoa !

Quite impressive sounds... I didn't even know Moog was editing softwares...

Yeah, and great sounding too. I love Moog!

Dust_NL wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:06 am Yeah, and great sounding too. I love Moog!
Yeah I am really impressed by the demos...

But is it compatible with Windows ? I see there is an installer but I don't really understand the licensing mode. Does buying the App Store version give you access to the Mac version, the Windows version ?
(I like to be free to change ecosystem whenever I want).
Last edited by Jac459 on Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jac459 wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:39 am
Dust_NL wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:06 am Yeah, and great sounding too. I love Moog!

But is it compatible with Windows ? I see there is an installer but I don't really understand the licensing mode. Doesn't buying the App Store version give you access to the Mac version, the Windows version ?
No there isn't a Windows version, it's primarily an iOS plugin/app but also works on Mx series Macs (because they are more and more the same OS/chipset as iOS). It is imho the best Moog emu by a long way (although not as 'faithful' as the other one made by Moog for UAD)

But is it compatible with Windows ? I see there is an installer but I don't really understand the licensing mode. Does buying the App Store version give you access to the Mac version, the Windows version ?
As @aMUSEd said. I only own a Mac, so for me it isn’t a problem. The app can be installed both on iOS and Mac. I owned the iOS app for a long time and only recently found out I could install it also on my Mac. It installs as a standalone app, but you can download the VST/AU wrapper through the earlier provided url if you prefer to use it within a DAW.

Dust_NL wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:28 am

As @aMUSEd said. I only own a Mac, so for me it isn’t a problem. The app can be installed both on iOS and Mac. I owned the iOS app for a long time and only recently found out I could install it also on my Mac. It installs as a standalone app, but you can download the VST/AU wrapper through the earlier provided url if you prefer to use it within a DAW.
I think I will settle for the Animoog Z and the model 35... I already have The Legend for model D emulation...
Thanks for the advises again.

Moog will do sales on the in app purchases for Animoog Z to unlock the full app. You might have to buy that to get the desktop version. I can't recall but seems reasonable to believe. It was all very effortless to get Animoog Z running in a DAW on the desktop, but you may need the VST wrapper if your DAW doesn't support AUv3, believe Reaper, Live and Logic all do. https://moogmusicsupport.zendesk.com/hc ... gin-format

kidslow wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:08 am Moog will do sales on the in app purchases for Animoog Z to unlock the full app. You might have to buy that to get the desktop version. I can't recall but seems reasonable to believe. It was all very effortless to get Animoog Z running in a DAW on the desktop, but you may need the VST wrapper if your DAW doesn't support AUv3, believe Reaper, Live and Logic all do. https://moogmusicsupport.zendesk.com/hc ... gin-format
Indeed. I bought both model 15 and animoog z yesterday for about 30usd each (currency conversion).
They both work perfectly with the wrapper on bitwig...

After a few months sketching music on iPad when far from my laptop.
Synthmaster is awesome for presets...
Twin 2 is awesome for sound design.
Animoog is ..... Meh.
I cant really find a proper way to do sound design with it. It is just too far from normal synths workflow.

Did you guys managed to get along with it and sound design successfully with it?

Some of the moog ones are set so that if you buy on IOS, you get the OSX version free!

Checkout Toneboosters Lowtone and Flowtones. All Toneboosters plugins are available on desktop and iOS

Return to “Getting Started (AKA What is the best...?)”