Nektar Panorama T-Series - Any users?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've been looking for a midi keyboard, 61 keys, not being really expensive, but with nice keys and good integration with Studio One. From my searching, this one seems to be the best, but I would love to hear some thoughts on them.

Is the keybed any good? How is compared to Native Instruments SL Mk2? I'm sure the last is better, but by how much, is it like night and day difference?

A bit late ...
but I‘m using the 49 version mainly as a top-soloing keyboard and I like the keybed very much. Better as my Novation SL-MKII 61, on par with my Novation Impulse 61 or my old retired Roland A-Pro ancestor. In fact I’m thinking of replacing my aging Alesis VI61 (which is not bad for the price) with the 61-version. Did not play any of the N.I. keyboards though ...

Thank you very much! I got it like 2 weeks ago, love the keybed.
If anyone is interested in these controllers, i will leave my opinion here.

It has many features, but there are some that don't feel like they are finished. For example repeat note, which I don't find it that useful, would've been nice if they made it into an arpeggiator. I contacted support and they won't go in that direction, neither with scales, for the actual keyboard. They want to add it to Nektarine (their software).
Anyway, the repeat feature is really nice on drums using drum pads which are really nice and with repeat you can be very expressive.

What I like about it the most is its integration. Nektarine is pretty fun to use and map things. You have many ways to navigate your maps and it allows you to create many pages for a single synth. You can navigate using the buttons underneath the faders which are labeled too, for easier identification, you can use the 4 buttons underneath the screen or using the setup button with the E1 knob. With first and last you can't access subpage. You can do that only via 4 buttons underneath the screen.

The not so good part about Nektarine is you have to always use it to have plugins maps. In my opinion is not a very handy thing, especially when you collaborate. I mostly use Nektarine outside my daw to play with synths without touching the mouse, for sound design.

I've heard with P1 there is a way to use maps created in Nektarine without Nektarine, you have to place them in a certain folder from where the keyboard can read them. Haven't found that folder yet and it would be the dream if that is true and can be used with T series too. I don't understand why Nektar isn't doing that themselves, being really useful. Let the user create the map with Nektarine and then use that map without the software.

I'm using studio one and the integration is ok. You can control the mixer and instruments, but the control for instruments is really poor, almost not useable, to be honest. You can't create tracks from it, like in Bitwig. Is useful just to control the mixer, that's it.

If I were to give it a rating, i would give it 4/5 just for these little things that make a huge difference.

Is this controller still working out for you? I would like to purchase the T4 soon. It looks like its integration capabilities are wonderful.

Question to T4 users.
Att 11. min you can see that the guy use the LED Quick Keys to jump direct to the OSC LFO ENF ect. Pages
https://youtu.be/LKvtIKUx5T4

What i want to know is. Is this Quick key feature part of the DAW script or Nektarine or internal Midi mode?

I ask this because i use Maschine mk3. And while i love every other feature of Maschine the Synth plugin is a bit of a Mess.
I‘m looking for a Midi Keyboard just for VST Synth. But there is no Nektar DAW script for Maschine. But i like the feature of pressing one of the LED buttons and jump directly to the OSC LFO Env ect. pages o control the parameters of the synth.

I'm probably late to the discussion but just bought this overcomplicated piece of junk. It's well made but it doesn't work. Getting it to work has been like slaying the 9 headed monster, every hoop I jump through leads to new problems and there's no online help. Utterly useless

Then let us know what isn‘t working for you.

And welcome to the board.

KanetheAudioBloke wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:45 pm I'm probably late to the discussion but just bought this overcomplicated piece of junk.
I did not end up keeping mine, but this is the opposite of the experience I had. I really enjoyed both Nektarine and the T6's native mapping abilities.

Holler with the problems you're having and I'll see if I can help.

I have a T6, really like it as a keyboard - the daw controls made it a must for me then in may 2020 the daw controls stopped working. Nektar gave up, Steinberg gave up so I just used it as a simple keyboard. Then yesterday, on this forum, I saw a post from a guy who had solved a Melda plugin issue with a re-installation of Microsoft VC redistributables. I had the same issue and found the MS VC redists were easily repairable so I repaired them and suddenly my T6 daw controls function again. I'm happy, boy I'm happy.

How's everyone getting on with Nektarine? I'm thinking of getting the T6. How's the CPU overhead when using it?

Hello there,
Sorry to reply to an old post. I wasn't aware of any other Nektar T series related category or thread. I've just ordered a Nektar Panorama T6 and did a down payment which probably I won't get back if I change my mind but I will be even more regretful if the keyboard is a lemon. I've seen quite a few reviews of frustrated people with this keyboard, from faders not working, sending weird random CC messages, quality control issues, keyboard too noisy, keyboard too mushy, etc. and also people say you can't update the firmware till you register which by then, keyboard is non-returnable.
I wish there was a Nektar rep in this group that could clarify this. I'm just wondering what percentage of the users come across dissatisfaction and problems, and what percentage are roughly happy with this keyboard. I thought I ask KVR members and get an idea. Honestly, I tried to find another keyboard that the keybed quality is decent and it offers good amount of MIDI control knobs, faders, and buttons and be more reliable or made with better quality, etc. but the closest I see is Novation SL Mkiii and it is more than double the price here. I appreciate your feedback. Thanks a lot.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”