Eventide updates H3000 Factory and Band Delays

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jamcat wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 pm There are some nice ones that are really classic effects from the DIATONIC SHIFT algorithm, like program 104 Reverse Shift. Wish we could get that from software.

But, yeah the Sampling algorithm isn’t really relevant. But it would be cool to have a 100% functioning virtual Ultra-Harmonizer.

"reverse Shift" is not a program, but an algo - I don't think there was a program with that name in any of the revisions - which revision are you referring to when you say "program 104"?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Other algorithms are available as other plugins, of course. Ultra-Tap is originally an H3000 algorithm. And the Phaser algorithm in the H3000 is from the original PS 101 Instant Phaser. But I doubt the plugin versions model the ADC/DAC conversion.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

jens wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:38 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:34 pm There are some nice ones that are really classic effects from the DIATONIC SHIFT algorithm, like program 104 Reverse Shift. Wish we could get that from software.

But, yeah the Sampling algorithm isn’t really relevant. But it would be cool to have a 100% functioning virtual Ultra-Harmonizer.

"reverse Shift" is not a program, but an algo - I don't think there was a program with that name in any of the revisions - which revision are you referring to when you say "program 104"?
Oh, right, it's algorithm 104, not Program. The algorithms start on 100 (Diatonic Shift), so that can be a bit confusing. I guess I always thought it was preset 104 because of that.

Since you are pretty familiar with the H3000, perhaps you know why there is no Algorithm 121?

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/uploads/2 ... Manual.pdf
Last edited by jamcat on Wed May 01, 2024 11:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

plexuss wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm I don't have anthology but I have a bunch of separates including H3000 and Band Delays. My crossgrade price is $99. Upgrade to Anthology is $99. If wanted it, it's a fairly obvious choice which way to go. I'll pass for now, not something I really need/want.
Seems like a decent deal, even if you're only getting those two plugins upgraded for $49.50 each. My upgrade price for Anthology XII is $199, but my upgrade prices for each plugin is the same as you, $99. I'm going to go for the Anthology upgrade because I'm a but compulsive that way. :ud:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I read several times that H3000 plugin is far from the hardware. I don't know the hardware, demo hasn't convinced me to buy it. Is the update 1:1 like hardware now?

jamcat wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:51 pm
jens wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:38 pm Since you are pretty familiar with the H3000
I'm not - I've never even just looked at the thing in person....

perhaps you know why there is no Algorithm 121?

https://cdn.eventideaudio.com/uploads/2 ... Manual.pdf
There actually is (well kinda) - 121 is a pre-configured stereo-version of the sampler-algo...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

zerocrossing wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 pm
plexuss wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 6:33 pm I don't have anthology but I have a bunch of separates including H3000 and Band Delays. My crossgrade price is $99. Upgrade to Anthology is $99. If wanted it, it's a fairly obvious choice which way to go. I'll pass for now, not something I really need/want.
Seems like a decent deal, even if you're only getting those two plugins upgraded for $49.50 each. My upgrade price for Anthology XII is $199, but my upgrade prices for each plugin is the same as you, $99. I'm going to go for the Anthology upgrade because I'm a but compulsive that way. :ud:
My upgrade from Anthology 11 to 12 is even 299 right now... :lol:

it was something like 90 at some point, but I couldn't bring myself to go for it, since my interest in the H9 stuff is near zero.

So they asked $90 for a huge number of plugins I have very little interest in... but I would then have gotten these two new now that highly interest me for free, however since I didn't go for it they now ask almost 270 to "crossgrade" only to these two. :nutter: :lol:

jamcat wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 10:44 pm And the Phaser algorithm in the H3000 is from the original PS 101 Instant Phaser. But I doubt the plugin versions model the ADC/DAC conversion.
The Instant Phaser is fully analog, so there is no ADC/DAC conversion in that one. The MK2 version of the plugin is a complete model though.

(And it's amazing - it's my absolute GoTo-phaser and my most favourite Eventide plugin. I love utilitarian stuff like that which I can put on everything and it will sound great right away - it's the total opposite to e.g. the Fabfilter stuff which you'd tweak for hours to vainlessly try to make it not sound like crap. (Hello bmanic :hihi:))

Like an upgrade from Windows 95 to Windows XP.

jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:51 am the Fabfilter stuff which you'd tweak for hours to vainlessly try to make it not sound like crap. (Hello bmanic :hihi:))
You really are trying, aren't you? :D

My teeth are getting old and tired so I'm not biting.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Nah, it's more of a running gag at this point... :-D

I purchased the H3000 factory plug in. I have never ever used it, glassy, hard, cheap bad sounding plug in, expected so much more. If it goes super cheap I will maybe try it. I have got good plugs coming out of my ears so I don't need this. It'll never make your record a hit, all a bit late and still falls short of the mark.

I wonder if any piece of software will ever make me open my wallet again. So far I have purchased nothing in 6 months and it feel really good about that. My savings are very nicely boosted.

I really think the music software companies are going to be in trouble soon unless they pull their finger out and do something new.

Regurgitating is not good enough and there are only so many fools to sell pretend AI to.

Synthman2000 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:14 pm I purchased the H3000 factory plug in. I have never ever used it, glassy, hard, cheap bad sounding plug in, expected so much more. If it goes super cheap I will maybe try it. I have got good plugs coming out of my ears so I don't need this. It'll never make your record a hit, all a bit late and still falls short of the mark.
You purchased, never used it and it sound cheap for you... :nutter:

jens wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 7:46 am
zerocrossing wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:19 pm
My upgrade from Anthology 11 to 12 is even 299 right now... :lol:

it was something like 90 at some point, but I couldn't bring myself to go for it, since my interest in the H9 stuff is near zero.

So they asked $90 for a huge number of plugins I have very little interest in... but I would then have gotten these two new now that highly interest me for free, however since I didn't go for it they now ask almost 270 to "crossgrade" only to these two. :nutter: :lol:
I cant remember how much the last upgrade was, i cant see myself paying $90, maybe.
I do recall that the upgrade before that was
$1. :lol:

All these modern sales shenanigans are truly hilarious... I do feel kinda sorry for them - but then again Valhalla proves there's a different way too.

Return to “Effects”