AmpleSound VSTs with OpenMPT

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I recently purchased Ample Metal Eclipse (but I'm sure other Ample guitars works similarly), and I'm using it relatively successfully with OpenMPT, since that is what I know. However, the VST doesn't seem to respond to the "special" commands. Like if I send a D#0, as indicated in the VST, for a slide in our out, or a D0 for a palm mute, the VST doesn't register and play it. Does anyone have any experience with these instruments in OpenMPT? It is free software, so if anyone cares to try that would be much appreciated. I might be doing something wrong... I'm trying for instance:

D#0 01 v50 F4 01 v50

to get a slide out, but only the F4 registers.

cartman1337 wrote: Wed May 01, 2024 11:23 am Hi,

I recently purchased Ample Metal Eclipse (but I'm sure other Ample guitars works similarly), and I'm using it relatively successfully with OpenMPT, since that is what I know. However, the VST doesn't seem to respond to the "special" commands. Like if I send a D#0, as indicated in the VST, for a slide in our out, or a D0 for a palm mute, the VST doesn't register and play it. Does anyone have any experience with these instruments in OpenMPT? It is free software, so if anyone cares to try that would be much appreciated. I might be doing something wrong... I'm trying for instance:

D#0 01 v50 F4 01 v50

to get a slide out, but only the F4 registers.
I don't have experience with OpenMPT, but could you try to play it in our mini host (Rectangles) and see if it is working as expected?

Liang[AmpleSound] wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 2:19 am I don't have experience with OpenMPT, but could you try to play it in our mini host (Rectangles) and see if it is working as expected?
Thanks for getting back to me. Could you give me some more details about what you mean with "mini host"? Is it a separate software/app, or a tab in the VST?

It's the stand-alone version of ample plug-ins. It's called "Rectangles."

warwickbassist25 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 12:46 pm It's the stand-alone version of ample plug-ins. It's called "Rectangles."
Ok, found that now, but didn't need it in the end. I figured it out by dragging a pre-programmed MIDI from the instrument over to OpenMPT. It seems the 0th octave is off by 2 in OpenMPT, so D#0 didn't work, but D#2 does it. That gives me more to play with! :D

Awesome. Enjoy the plug-in! It's hard to hear what some of the knobs and sliders do; I've asked questions on here multiple times and have yet to be given a clear explanation, including from the creators themselves.

Return to “Ample Sound”