Where is Reason 13?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:42 am
spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:39 am Reason plugin also good :tu:
Not but you can think and all good :tu:
Yup, I also respect your opinion even though you present it as facts.

That's hopefully because my facts are factier than your facts.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:41 am
SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:16 am I suspect Reason has more regular Rack users than DAW users currently
Just out of curiousity: what would make you think that?

(Or to put it differently: what would make you say that in the "Hosts & Applications"-forum of all places? :lol:)

Edit: typos
You have to buy the DAW to get the RRP, I wonder how many would buy the DAW otherwise?...Its just how I see it, RRP seems to get most (almost all) of the developers attention...there has been lots of new stuff for the Rack and very little for the DAW side, even the publicity from the developers (YT etc) is all RRP. Even Reason+ is really just food for the RRP side. This is directly applicable to the DAW forum as it is the DAW side that most people seem to have an issue with (regarding the lack of development), RRP is actually pretty good as a plugin ecosystem...does RRP have a separate thread at KVR?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

My assumption is that they're experimenting - not very successfully going by their marketing e-mails which appear pretty desperate at times...

their biggest achievement in recent years was to hurt their own brand, I'd guess.

There's an army of (ex) Reason DAW users who'd upgrade to a substantial DAW-update in a heartbeat, I would think.

But who's gonna pay five hundred bucks for a semi-random collection of plugins that are bound to sit in some mediocre plugin-rack? :nutter:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Look at the Reason website now- first thing mentioned...The Rack...then the Instruments, not much mention of the DAW! https://www.reasonstudios.com/

I don't think many people will pay full price for Reason...some will subscribe, other buy in sales, for example I got 11 'suite' for $199 with a free upgrade to 12...to me that was worth it. Having the RRP also meant I could use a few of Reason excellent newer plugs such as Algoritm (also bought when 40% off!) and Objekt, Reason still make some of the best sound instruments in any format!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

I am still interested in Reason 13 despite the ongoing trend. Even though I completely agree with Jens.

Actually, as much as I am hyped with what is going to happen with Reason 13, a friend told me yesterday something among the lines of: man... with ongoing market trends we will be happy if they don't cripple out, destroy and make it worse than it is - with the supposed upgrade".

It made me think. However, I do not give up. It's not that I spent $3800 dollars with them in total (I know I know), as I use and have other tools. But the Reason workflow is making me happy.

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:20 am Look at the Reason website now- first thing mentioned...The Rack...then the Instruments, not much mention of the DAW! https://www.reasonstudios.com/
I hope you're not suggesting that all companies always know exactly what they're doing... :lol: :hihi:

Oh, I'm sure Reason Studios marketing department knows exactly what it's doing. ;)

chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:43 am Oh, I'm sure Reason Studios marketing department knows exactly what it's doing. ;)
For sure. How it is paying out for them we can only speculate and will never know.

For example, I was stumped with the new website. I like some parts. The others are poor as much as possible. Example: Testimonials from "famous users" - they only and literally have two? Ian Kirkpatrick and some Nadia. The third one is even unsigned. How low can it be?

I couldn't care less about it, but if they intended to display it as a part of a group of famous people who use it in professional life and then ...just two?

But don't tell me after all these years you have only one real name, one real producer for a display. Why not have this disabled then until more of these are collected? But when? They have existed for decades and their marketing team was able to communicate with only one or two people to be displayed under Testimonials.

For crying out loud, some obscure or little teams of VST developers have much more pronounced names displayed under their testimonials. And they collect them probably by giving NFR.

And then I look in their channel and have stomach pain. 99.99% of videos are made for kids. And then I don't wonder anymore why they don't have more famous people on their website.

Before you tell me this is not important and why do I need "big names" - I don't. This is not the point. The point is their marketing. If they are adding testimonials to the game - why are there just two names?

And the list of weird marketing goes on and on.

On the other side, I just purchased Objekt a week ago. What a fantastic piece of software. They need better content. But if all they decide to host is weird fluffy guys, self proclaimed experts with painted nails who wear winter outfits in an interior studio - then they have issues so to speak.

Well, they made a big play for the subscription model...not sure how that went for them.

There is do doubt a bigger potential sales base for a plug in (RRP) than a DAW but perhaps this cannibalises their won DAW sales/development.

I guess we will find out if and when 13 comes out as to the long term direction, I won Reason, I hope they smash the DAW side out of the park....but I am not holding my breath.

kmonkey wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:01 am
chk071 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:43 am Oh, I'm sure Reason Studios marketing department knows exactly what it's doing. ;)
For sure. How it is paying out for them we can only speculate and will never know.
TBH, it all tells the same story: The opening to other plugin formats, the development of the Reason rack as a plugin for use in other DAWs, the enforcement of a subscription model...

You don't change so much when your original vision works great for you.

jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 am
liquidsound wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:02 am
jens wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am Nope - others do that and I say it's nonsense. 😉

(Perhaps read Slic's original post I quoted again to get back on track on who actually said what)
The confusion is "The best of both worlds"...
I'm in one world at the time. :phones:
Doesn't matter what you call it.

In Reason DAW you can sidechain almost every audio, MIDI and control-signal from almost any place in your project to any other. In Bitwig you can probably do quite a bit of that too.

Put whatever in the Reason Rack plugin and you can't sidechain it from anywhere outside this instance of the Reason Rack plugin. So I think it's usually a pretty daft idea to use the Reason Rack plugin in Bitwig (or any other DAW for that matter).
:lol:
You are doing a great job at convincing yourself.
MuLab of course :D

Oh no...somehow sidechain sneaked in...come on gimme a break....a sidechain break.

Please do not make this "product sucks because sidechain duck isn't as wild as the wildest duck". Captain America does not use a sidechain. KVR Illuminati don't approve sidechain. Stop it.

Maybe we need a separate thread about the "Sad state of Reason Studios" :hihi:

Reason 13 is going to be great! And the plugin will have sidechain just like v12! :party:

spacepluk wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:44 pm Maybe we need a separate thread about the "Sad state of Reason Studios" :hihi:

Reason 13 is going to be great! And the plugin will have sidechain just like v12! :party:
That's right. We can then combine it with all the "Why I Left Studio One", "Reaper's so ugly", "Goodbye Ableton", "What happened to Steinberg?", "Logic Sucks" threads on here.
:hihi: These forums are ridiculous.
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”