It's Back! - Behringer Vintage

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Vintage

Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm Sound reminds me alot of Access Virus Ti2

Let the rage begin
Yeaahh I'm selling my Virus Ti2 for free :D

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:11 pm
Lbdunequest wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:43 pm Sound reminds me alot of Access Virus Ti2

Let the rage begin
Absolutely it sounds like a 1990s style VA with all the effects stripped away

If you take it and use effects from the Korg MDE-X plug in which are the effects algorithms from the Triton it's instant 90s bliss
I agree, but today i checked it again and now it sounds like Roland JP8000, always wanted that synth now i have it. It will be my go to VA for supersaws on sundays

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am It sounds like a vintage plugin from the early 2000s...
It certainly does.
And as someone who was familiar with the sound quality of plugins back then, this one instantly transported me back to 2004 or thereabouts, an era I would rather leave in the dust, I was thus obliged to uninstall Behringer's free gift. Thanks anyway Behringer. :party:

IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am It sounds like a vintage plugin from the early 2000s and that's a good thing
That somehow peaked my interested, rather than it's supposed to be some kind of vintage analog emulation. ;)

lotus2035 wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 5:39 pm
IvyBirds wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 am It sounds like a vintage plugin from the early 2000s...
It certainly does.
And as someone who was familiar with the sound quality of plugins back then, this one instantly transported me back to 2004 or thereabouts, an era I would rather leave in the dust, I was thus obliged to uninstall Behringer's free gift. Thanks anyway Behringer. :party:
Awesome, I already have a ton of plugins that sound like vintage Synths from the 1980s, and I have a ton of modern sounding VA plugins that

What I did not have are very many options for late 1990s and early 2000s era sounding plugins that run in 64 bits on modern operating systems. Now I have one more flavor and it's free.

So the’Vintage’ in the name doesn’t actually refer to 70s analogue synths that sound wonderful, it refers to early 2000s VSTs that sound like arse?

That’s f**king innovation right there!
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

I'm pretty sure that it's supposed to refer to vintage analog synths. But, the end result, of course, depends on the ability of the developers.

Interesting that it's from people who also were involved in some of Arturia's synths (Acid V, Korg MS-20 V, OP-Xa etc.).

revvy wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 9:27 pm So the’Vintage’ in the name doesn’t actually refer to 70s analogue synths that sound wonderful, it refers to early 2000s VSTs that sound like arse?

That’s f**king innovation right there!
The Jupiter line from Roland was never intended to be the classic analog polysynths they became. It was designed to sound like orchestral instruments. It's why they licensed the Jupiter name from a company that sold orchestral brass and woodwind instruments. The 303 was designed to be an accompany guitar players not make acid bass lines

All it took was creative people using those tools creatively in ways the designers never intended

As with all things musical instruments it's the innovation and creativity of the composers and musicians that matter most

Do I think this will be the next Jupiter 8 or 303? Of course not, but in reality in 2024 if you are going to make an analog style subtractive synth plugin in 2024 how much innovation can you honestly expect?

Just watched this and the verdict was worst plugin ever.
What do we think? Overly harsh or a fair assessment?

https://youtu.be/7pvBe8Ig0Wo

OscSync wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:24 pm Just watched this and the verdict was worst plugin ever.

Harsh but accurate IMO. Why anyone would use this baffles me. Maybe someone can find a worse free plugin, would be a fun task.
<List your stupid gear here>

Video is spot on.

IvyBirds wrote: Thu May 02, 2024 10:26 pm
in reality in 2024 if you are going to make an analog style subtractive synth plugin in 2024 how much innovation can you honestly expect?
No, no, genius stroke by B.

In the name of 'innovation', instead of copying other brands (cough) and making a great sounding analogue style subtractive synth (TAL Bassline 101, Softube Model 84) they're making one that sounds like a generic 20-year old plugin. Result!

[Unrelated: I played a Minimoog as a kid in late 70s and a Juno 60 in 1984. I didn't think they sounded like real instruments, I thought they sounded like the future]
Last edited by revvy on Fri May 03, 2024 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

egbert101 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:50 pm
OscSync wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 5:24 pm Just watched this and the verdict was worst plugin ever.

Harsh but accurate IMO. Why anyone would use this baffles me. Maybe someone can find a worse free plugin, would be a fun task.
I can think of a ton, but it doesn't matter. If someone likes it, and makes some good music with it, result!

revvy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:28 pm I thought they sounded like the future
Is that you, Giovanni Giorgio? :hihi:

--
Marco

vulpes777 wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm
revvy wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 6:28 pm I thought they sounded like the future
Is that you, Giovanni Giorgio? :hihi:

--
Marco
I was sleeping in my car at the time between shows...

Return to “Instruments”