Link to the Top 10 Feature Requests on Bitwish.top : This should be Pinned.

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 am For some odd reason I cannot live with brown and orange,so I still have an unactivated Bitwig licence. Hence theming is top of my list.
I'd suggest you sell that license then. It could be 5 years before they add theming... if ever.

pdxindy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:15 pm
dellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:17 am For some odd reason I cannot live with brown and orange,so I still have an unactivated Bitwig licence. Hence theming is top of my list.
I'd suggest you sell that license then. It could be 5 years before they add theming... if ever.
I never sell software,so how long will my unactivated licence be good for? For example,will they honour it in a couple of years time? I bought it at the beginning of March this year.

Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:30 pm
nowiamone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:58 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:15 pm Most of the requests in the top 10 are sensible and reasonable to me (as proven by the fact that they are available in most other DAWS) and I suspect Bitwig Devs will just chip away at this whilst trying to add more unique stuff to get attention/marketing.

The only one I am surprised isn't there is audio pitch correction (or ARA support), an essential tool for many people and already in most other DAWS; not having this keeps Bitwig as an purely electronic music DAW for me.
Yup, perfectly reasonable, agreed. Nothing fancy, nothing out of touch with the reality of producing on a daily basis. Reasonable and practicable requests. ARA is on 12th place i think, so that's pretty high up there :D
There is no ARA but there is a pitch correction with many good algorithms. What is wrong with it?
There is no audio pitch correction in Bitwig that I am aware of?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

dellboy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:45 pm
I never sell software,so how long will my unactivated licence be good for? For example,will they honour it in a couple of years time? I bought it at the beginning of March this year.
AFAIK, there is no expiration...

SLiC wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:51 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:30 pm
nowiamone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:58 pm
SLiC wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:15 pm Most of the requests in the top 10 are sensible and reasonable to me (as proven by the fact that they are available in most other DAWS) and I suspect Bitwig Devs will just chip away at this whilst trying to add more unique stuff to get attention/marketing.

The only one I am surprised isn't there is audio pitch correction (or ARA support), an essential tool for many people and already in most other DAWS; not having this keeps Bitwig as an purely electronic music DAW for me.
Yup, perfectly reasonable, agreed. Nothing fancy, nothing out of touch with the reality of producing on a daily basis. Reasonable and practicable requests. ARA is on 12th place i think, so that's pretty high up there :D
There is no ARA but there is a pitch correction with many good algorithms. What is wrong with it?
There is no audio pitch correction in Bitwig that I am aware of?
Oh, sorry, I think I read too fast. I meant time stretching or pitch correction like I slow down a sample and it keep the same pitch.

But reading again, I think you meant, I give a melody sample and I give a chord and the sample has to stay in this chord, is it correct?

If this is the case then no, I don't think Bitwig has it. I am using nektar very successfully for that.

Most pitch correction and manipulation for audio essentially superimposes what looks like midi notes over the audio and lets you change the pitch of the audio in the same way you would change the pitch of midi notes…this is built in to many DAWS, but adding ARA would allow use of 3rd party pitch correction such as Melodyne which is very advanced and even lets you edit vibrato, pitch slides etc industry standard for vocals and guitar.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Zacchino wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:31 pm Indeed, your #1 Feature isn't on the Top 10. If more of you wanted it, it'd be higher up in the list... And that's a reality we all need to learn to deal with:

I too have a #1 wish that's not even on the Top 20, nevertheless, I can't argue with this list, it makes perfect sense, not only because lots of people are voting on it, but because lots of people here understand what's essential and what's not.

That's what I meant by being respectuous, and united behind the community as a whole. That's how democracy works, i.e. the needs of the many will always outweigh the needs of the few.
My unqualified opinion on the matter:

You talk about reality and democracy.

Problem with the internet is that one person can create an unlimited number of accounts to fake a voting. How do we know that the voting reflects reality and wasn't manipulated? We don't.
Problem with democracy is that I can only see a very small number of votes. How can a few dozen votes be representative for tens of thousands of people who use the software?

And why would we even need democracy in software development? I know software projects that failed because the developers listened to the very loud minority on the internet forums. That's why I prefer a company that has it's own vision.

I don't like the Bitwish thing at all. One or two opinionated people trying to swing a narrative to their own agenda. Or it's Ableton doing to fud.

There's a perfectly good community right here who constantly discuss features they want.

If you really want something email Bitwig directly and state your case.

As with many people here, I also have don't align at all well with what they are pushing.

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:18 am Most pitch correction and manipulation for audio essentially superimposes what looks like midi notes over the audio and lets you change the pitch of the audio in the same way you would change the pitch of midi notes…this is built in to many DAWS, but adding ARA would allow use of 3rd party pitch correction such as Melodyne which is very advanced and even lets you edit vibrato, pitch slides etc industry standard for vocals and guitar.
Yes, I was using a similar thing in Reason Studios... Funny thing is if I remember well, when I bought my first Bitwig licence, Melodyne was bundled with it...

_leras wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:46 am I don't like the Bitwish thing at all. One or two opinionated people trying to swing a narrative to their own agenda. Or it's Ableton doing to fud.

There's a perfectly good community right here who constantly discuss features they want.

If you really want something email Bitwig directly and state your case.

As with many people here, I also have don't align at all well with what they are pushing.
A bit harsh but I kind of agree.

I don't want to get more work of voting on a platform, try to rally people to my cause and all...
I have better things to do like... music...

And after all of that 5.2 introduces....... a new compressor! :-(

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm And after all of that 5.2 introduces....... a new compressor! :-(
Every DAW maker pumping out a bunch of native plugins with each new version. There must be a community that we are not aware of who wants this :)
There is probably only my mother who does not have a dynamic comp.
I checked the Bitwish after the 5.2 announcement and it is clear that they do not take notice at all :)
Have not seen anything implemented from that list, let alone top 10.

SLiC wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:49 pm And after all of that 5.2 introduces....... a new compressor! :-(
Are you kidding?
The new GPU rendering is a huge improvement that benefits everyone.
New Beat detection
Tempo Mapping
I can now move clips around via the keyboard!
Undo includes plugins
Etc...

I could be very happy with that if it does side chaining in a better way. I don't need any compressors for sound etc, but a more integrated utility compressor could be great. Id better go and read about the release!

Separately though, I am pretty sure Bitwig have a team focused on plug ins. I think this is a very good thing. The better their offering gets, the better for them as a company and us as users.

pdxindy wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:59 pm
Are you kidding?
The new GPU rendering is a huge improvement that benefits everyone.
New Beat detection
Tempo Mapping
I can now move clips around via the keyboard!
Undo includes plugins
Etc...
I never had a problem with GPU rendering/speed (single 32inch monitor), so it may not benefit me but if it was an issue for some I am glad they fixed it for those people.

Tempo mapping could be useful if it works well and picks up all the transients, I'll try it when its all stable (initial feedback sems to be its not working so well in beta)

I am not a keyboard guy (never learnt shortcuts either!) but I can see that some people will like this- I read it is also better for mouse detection as well and this may be more useful to me, but I am not sure how useful unless they have made the waveforms transparent so I can see the grid lines, this is TBH what I really need.

Glad UNDO works on plugs, but if I am very honest I didn't now it didn't work as it works that way in the other DAWS I use! Maybe I just don't make many mistakes :lol:

Return to “Bitwig”