Repro-5 patches in HIVE (lua converter)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Chris-S wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:37 am Let me know (via PM) if you have any fav Repro-5 patch which I shall take into my upcoming soundset for Hive "Best of Repro5".
Wait, does this mean you can use Repro (and other synths) presets in Hive by converting them somehow?
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

Do you have any intention of releasing your converter in some way?

Maybe. 8)

Maybe worth a discussion, but as one of the Repro-1/5 preset contributors, I have to say that I'm not in favour of you converting my (and other sound designers') work to a different synth and giving it out to people that may not have the original synth these were created for. Just be aware that this project can be a problem for some if it feels like you're stealing someone's work and giving it to others for free. Maybe I'm too sensitive here, I don't know, as I said it may be worth discussing.

Viktor
u-he team

That being said, at the same time I'm quite intrigued by the endeavour!

Ok understood, so "Best of Repro-5" for Hive will not be released.

Chris-S wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm Ok understood, so "Best of Repro-5" for Hive will not be released.
Release it under another title name ;) ;)
'Hive2 patches by Chis-S' , all made with hive ;)
Get In Touch^^ Instagram, BandCamp, SoundCloud, Spotify, iTunes,....

Chris-S wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:37 pm Ok understood, so "Best of Repro-5" for Hive will not be released.
Just to be clear, I expressed a concern and asked if it's a topic worth discussing to people.
This doesn't have to be "end of story" for your converter, generally speaking.

Viktor

since the pro-54 i got quite sentimental about those old pro-53 factory patches
and was wondering if there is a converter of old pro-53 patches
would love to have them in repro
or maybe someone already has converted them ?

I think such a converter only makes sense for synths that are very similar, such as: NI Pro 53 and Repro 5. Hive has completely different specialties in terms of synthesis than Repro 5. Therefore, a converter can never really exploit the strengths of the plugin, can it?
---

ThomasLehmann wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:38 am I think such a converter only makes sense for synths that are very similar, such as: NI Pro 53 and Repro 5. Hive has completely different specialties in terms of synthesis than Repro 5. Therefore, a converter can never really exploit the strengths of the plugin, can it?
Obviously a handful of features in Repro5 are things Hive can't do, polymod, the FX section esp it's polyphonic distortion, feedback, but the rest is either directly doable or hackable

But, using Prophet5 a wavetable like from Analog Anthem for Hive by Plugmon and some random/slow noise modulation for more analog feel gets you far and you can kinda hack your way around the difference that repro can select multiple waveforms at once but hive can't. Route it through a midi effect first and use the Alternate modifier in unipolar or for 3+ utilize the shape sequencer in one by one mode. Technically also works as a hacky way to do multitimbrality. Nearly identical in effect to just using multiple instances of hive though, but may be a preferable workflow for some sometimes. I usually make sure the duplicate notes are in separate midi channels as I often leverage Hives multichannel midi capabilities but idk if it's necessary for this trick to work

underscoreraven wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am Obviously a handful of features in Repro5 are things Hive can't do, polymod, the FX section esp it's polyphonic distortion, feedback, but the rest is either directly doable or hackable
* Polymod: In some cases Crossmod is just creating a new waveform which can be rebuild in Hive using wavetables or so
* Polyphonic distortion: Reduce the distortion amount or play monophonic only
* FX section: is very similar, just RESQ in resonator mode can not be simulated in Hive
* Difficult to replace: Stack index modulation
* Velvet: Tube Breaker is difficult but most settings can be replaced by Filter2 / EQ

Anyway, the converted "HS Heidi" sounds better in HIVE. :wink:

Return to “u-he”