Phaseplant

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So if you buy it for $199 do you get everything? I understand there are various modules that you can buy but presumably they all come with the full price? Is there anything you don't get that you would get via the subscription?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

It doesn’t come with the premium effects. Faturator,convolver,disperser,slice eq,carve eq,shaper table,snapheap and multipass are all extra individual purchases or included in ultimate. You do get all the other 31 effects plugins, so it’s still more effects than you get from most synths for 200 dollars.It goes on sale often enough that I would wait and get it half off

ChanceB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 pm It doesn’t come with the premium effects. Faturator,convolver,disperser,slice eq,carve eq,shaper table,snapheap and multipass are all extra individual purchases or included in ultimate. You do get all the other 31 effects plugins, so it’s still more effects than you get from most synths for 200 dollars.It goes on sale often enough that I would wait and get it half off
So you defo get all of the sound generation synth stuff? These companies always do a shit job of actually telling you what you get. Like Cinesamples Musio for instance.
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

kenny saunders wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:00 pm
ChanceB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:26 pm It doesn’t come with the premium effects. Faturator,convolver,disperser,slice eq,carve eq,shaper table,snapheap and multipass are all extra individual purchases or included in ultimate. You do get all the other 31 effects plugins, so it’s still more effects than you get from most synths for 200 dollars.It goes on sale often enough that I would wait and get it half off
So you defo get all of the sound generation synth stuff? These companies always do a shit job of actually telling you what you get. Like Cinesamples Musio for instance.
Take the Ultimate Bundle.
Kilohearts maybe one of the best deal around.

The plus:
- Phase Plant has the best workflow of the market. Period. It super intuitive, you can modulate everything with everything. You can route everything with everything, polyphonically or not (not many synths allow per note effects. Phase Plant does it. ==> if you can imagine it, good change is you can do it in phase plant.
- It is CPU friendly (considering the power).
- It is very well maintained (regular updates like addition of granular for free, regular fun short tutorial videos, regular new sound bank with super nice marketing around).
- The effects hosts,multipass and snaphead are also powerful and as intuitive as phase plant.
- The "special effects" will really add something into your collection whatever you already have.

The minus:
- Factory presets are not "crazy". Some are, but many are just ok. Not the same level as Spire or Avenger 2.
- No CLAP version (yet).
- If you don't buy all the premium effects, you can still use the presets using them but not modify their settings.

Conclusion:
If you aim to do more sound design from scratch Ultimate Bundle is really unmatched in my view.
If you mainly use presets and want to continue this way, Phase Plant may not be the right candidate.

get the whole thing if you can, the premium effects are very good, i like the phase shifter, it is really nice on drums
Last edited by martiu on Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aliasing plugin owner
:?

Jac459 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 pmIt super intuitive, you can modulate everything with everything. You can route everything with everything, polyphonically or not…
Not really. The good “character filters” don’t work in the generator level, therefore can’t be modulated at audio rates. I hope they add this at some point.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

You should probably try it out before you buy it it has a 2 week trial available

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 pm Not really. The good “character filters” don’t work in the generator level, therefore can’t be modulated at audio rates. I hope they add this at some point.
Non-linear Filter can now be added at oscillator level. Is that what you were talking about?
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

zerocrossing wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:05 pm
Jac459 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 pmIt super intuitive, you can modulate everything with everything. You can route everything with everything, polyphonically or not…
Not really. The good “character filters” don’t work in the generator level, therefore can’t be modulated at audio rates. I hope they add this at some point.
They added it like.... Long ago :-), maybe one year...

Jac459 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:26 pm

The plus:
- Phase Plant has the best workflow of the market. Period. It super intuitive, you can modulate everything with everything. You can route everything with everything, polyphonically or not (not many synths allow per note effects. Phase Plant does it. ==> if you can imagine it, good change is you can do it in phase plant.
- It is very well maintained (regular updates like addition of granular for free, regular fun short tutorial videos, regular new sound bank with super nice marketing around).
- The effects hosts,multipass and snaphead are also powerful and as intuitive as phase plant.
- The "special effects" will really add something into your collection whatever you already have.

The minus:
- Factory presets are not "crazy". Some are, but many are just ok. Not the same level as Spire or Avenger 2.
- No CLAP version (yet).
- If you don't buy all the premium effects, you can still use the presets using them but not modify their settings.

Conclusion:
If you aim to do more sound design from scratch Ultimate Bundle is really unmatched in my view.
If you mainly use presets and want to continue this way, Phase Plant may not be the right candidate.
The only option was a trial or a $199 version. Does that other version become available only when you buy the normal version or something?

kenny saunders wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:37 pm

The plus:

The minus:
- No CLAP version (yet).

Conclusion:
The only option was a trial or a $199 version. Does that other version become available only when you buy the normal version or something?
They are Talking about this. It’s everything from Kilohearts. All Kilohearts plugins including the two Snapin hosts Snapheap and Multipass can be used inside of Phaseplant or separately

https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_ultimate

ChanceB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:14 pm
kenny saunders wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:37 pm

The plus:

The minus:
- No CLAP version (yet).

Conclusion:
They are Talking about this. It’s everything from Kilohearts. All Kilohearts plugins including the two Snapin hosts Snapheap and Multipass can be used inside of Phaseplant or separately

https://kilohearts.com/products/kilohearts_ultimate
Ok thanks

I would just add that to really experience the full power of Phase Plant, you should get Snapheap and Multipass also.

ChanceB wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:11 pm
You should probably try it out before you buy it it has a 2 week trial available

Agreed, It was a bad decision to buy without trying it first
I've been really disapointing by this synth. It sound meeh, way too digital in the bad way.
Making a sound design is like a gymnastics. It's not intuitiv at all.

swilow11 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:10 am I would just add that to really experience the full power of Phase Plant, you should get Snapheap and Multipass also.
I disagree. You could spend the rest of your life just learning what you can do with the basic package. It's possibilities are pretty much endless without having to buy into any of the other stuff. Snapheap and Multipass are just containers, they don't really add anything.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Return to “Instruments”