[FREE] ConvertWithMoss - convert from/to WAV,Bitwig,SFZ,SF2,DecentSampler,MPC/Force,Wave-/Modwave/KMP,NKI,EXS) v8.5.1

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

soma1985 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:28 am I am getting the following error when trying to convert EXS files created by Logic's autosampler, and converting them in TAL Sampler format:

Unknown EXS block type: 11

Thanks
Interesting but should work anyway or doesn't it? If you want you can send me an example (PM me).

Yes it works anyway.

I worked out the main issue: I wasn't keeping the folder of samples and .exs file in the same higher folder. Before I had the samples and .exs file in the same folder together.

Thank you so much for this. I can now use Logic's autosampler to create synth patches (I don't use Logic), and load them in TAL-Sampler in my main DAW, amazing!! Love how fast it is

ConvertWithMoss 8.5.0 is online and it is a huge update!

Get it from https://mossgrabers.de
  • Added support for reading and writing CWITEC TX16Wx (*.txprog) files.
  • Added support for reading and writing Propellerhead Reason NN-XT (*.sxt) files.
  • All formats
    • New: Added chunk update settings to all output formats that reference WAV files.
    • Fixed: Fixed some issues with conversion of filter and pitch envelope modulation depth.
  • Decent Sampler
    • New: Minimum version is now set to "1.11".
    • New: Added support for new filter types: lowpass, lowpass_1pl, bandpass, highpass, peak and notch.
    • New: Added filter envelope.
    • New: Added support for panorama.
    • New: Removed all knobs except reverb settings to be able to set these parameters on the samples level.
  • Kontakt - Reading
    • New: Use category detection when category is set to 'New'.
  • SFZ - Writing
    • Fixed: The length of the loop crossfade was calculated incorrectly.
  • MPC - Writing
    • New: Set filter on groups from 1st zone of the group instead of the 1st zone of the 1st group.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/XkAm74ELwQ8

Thanks.
gadgets an gizmos..make noise https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness Restocked: 3/24
old stuff http://ww.dancingbearaudioresearch.com/
if this post is edited -it was for punctuation, grammar, or to make it coherent (or make me seem coherent).

Thanks for sharing.

I wish me format for :

Falcon = uvip

Synthstrom Deluge = XML

moss wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:11 am ConvertWithMoss 8.5.0 is online and it is a huge update!

• Added support for reading and writing CWITEC TX16Wx (*.txprog) files.
  • Added support for reading and writing Propellerhead Reason NN-XT (*.sxt) files.
  • All formats
    • New: Added chunk update settings to all output formats that reference WAV files.
    • Fixed: Fixed some issues with conversion of filter and pitch envelope modulation depth.
  • Decent Sampler
    • New: Minimum version is now set to "1.11".
    • New: Added support for new filter types: lowpass, lowpass_1pl, bandpass, highpass, peak and notch.
    • New: Added filter envelope.
    • New: Added support for panorama.
    • New: Removed all knobs except reverb settings to be able to set these parameters on the samples level.
  • Kontakt - Reading
    • New: Use category detection when category is set to 'New'.
  • SFZ - Writing
    • Fixed: The length of the loop crossfade was calculated incorrectly.
  • MPC - Writing
    • New: Set filter on groups from 1st zone of the group instead of the 1st zone of the 1st group.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/XkAm74ELwQ8
Wow! This is amazing!! I am rapidly losing the need for my Chickensys Translator and Awave Studio programs!! This is an absolutely essential Open Source Tool!! One of the most important and best!!! Thank you so much!! You are a saint!!! :)
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

Someone noticed a critical issue with writing the Multisample format and while fixing this I noticed another issue with Kontakt, so here is 8.5.1:
  • Kontakt - Reading
    • Fixed: In Kontakt 4.2 to 7 the loop data was not read correctly. This could create loops of length 0 for One-Shots.
  • Multisample - Write
    • Fixed: Bitwig could not process the ZIP compressed samples due to an added info field. Additional info is removed again.

Simply amazing! :clap:
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

I have successfully used ConvertWithMoss to convert some multisamples to 1010 format. Thank you very much.

But I have been experimenting with similarly converting multisamples for use by my Expert Sleepers Disting EX Eurorack module using the Disting EX's "SD Multisample" algorithm.
The Disting module requires a folder of WAV files on SDcard with a particular file naming convention. Expert Sleepers provides Python scripts to convert from SoundFont2 or Logic's EXS Autosampler to their folder format. I used ConvertWithMoss to create a EXS format multisample. But I haven't had luck converting that to a Disting Compatible Folder.

Has anyone had any luck converting multisamples to Disting's format perhaps using ConvertWithMoss as an intermediate tool?
Thanks!

patternmusic wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 8:14 pm I have successfully used ConvertWithMoss to convert some multisamples to 1010 format. Thank you very much.

But I have been experimenting with similarly converting multisamples for use by my Expert Sleepers Disting EX Eurorack module using the Disting EX's "SD Multisample" algorithm.
The Disting module requires a folder of WAV files on SDcard with a particular file naming convention. Expert Sleepers provides Python scripts to convert from SoundFont2 or Logic's EXS Autosampler to their folder format. I used ConvertWithMoss to create a EXS format multisample. But I haven't had luck converting that to a Disting Compatible Folder.

Has anyone had any luck converting multisamples to Disting's format perhaps using ConvertWithMoss as an intermediate tool?
Thanks!
I had a quick look at the scripts. EXS Autosampler does NOT look at EXS files at all! It only uses the naming convetion as output by the Automsampler.

So I've been having a bit of trouble converting Decent Sampler samples to 1010music samples on my Mac (running Sonoma 14.4.1).

I am having to take many manual steps to avoid ConvertWithMoss failing to convert with errors.

First if the source is a .dslibrary it has to be unzipped first. (So, for instance, I rename a Decent Sampler called "Example.dslibrary" to "Example.zip", and then I unzip it to its constituent folder structure now under a new folder called Example.)

Then I must make sure all the sample WAV files are in subfolders.

If I then try to run ConvertWithMoss on the folder with the .dspreset files I will get a failure with errors about sample files not found.

I found I had to edit each .dspreset's XML so that all the paths with backslash characters “\” use forward-slash characters “/” instead. That seems to solve the files not found errors.

Then I often run into a problem where ConvertWithMoss gives a failure error that the destination folder is not empty. This happens even if all the contents of the destination folder have been deleted. I found I had to delete the destination folder completely and make a new destination folder.

patternmusic wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:18 am So I've been having a bit of trouble converting Decent Sampler samples to 1010music samples on my Mac (running Sonoma 14.4.1).

I am having to take many manual steps to avoid ConvertWithMoss failing to convert with errors.

First if the source is a .dslibrary it has to be unzipped first. (So, for instance, I rename a Decent Sampler called "Example.dslibrary" to "Example.zip", and then I unzip it to its constituent folder structure now under a new folder called Example.)

Then I must make sure all the sample WAV files are in subfolders.

If I then try to run ConvertWithMoss on the folder with the .dspreset files I will get a failure with errors about sample files not found.

I found I had to edit each .dspreset's XML so that all the paths with backslash characters “\” use forward-slash characters “/” instead. That seems to solve the files not found errors.

Then I often run into a problem where ConvertWithMoss gives a failure error that the destination folder is not empty. This happens even if all the contents of the destination folder have been deleted. I found I had to delete the destination folder completely and make a new destination folder.
Can you send or point me to an example file? PM me the download link.

i, thanks for this interesting program.. hope this is the right place to ask somer questions.. i see that here is maybe no time to answer, its not urgent or important, but interesting for me.

I just installed it.. on a macbook air m1, sonoma.

Question, what happens when i dont engage samplerate conversion for a transfer.. just the original data ? But tagged with what samplerate? The original one ? or 44,1 or 48 khz?
And all files get converted to 24 bit all the time or stay 16 bit files 16 bit?

And the central question, since apples internal quicktime samplerate conversion is pretty good..better as the one in logic.. at least it has been like this the last time i checked some years ago.. So i wonder if the convertter uses the os internal quicktime converter? Or an integrated one in the program? how good is the sample rate conversion? Not that i will find out in time..but are there any info or opinions regarding this topic.

thanks again and best regards,
Sven Röhrig

Hi again..not that 1010 blackbox transfer would not make me happy enough..

just wanted to mention some other often used sample formats.

The Korg electribe drummachines that can sample.. a hughly popular machine at its time..bought the ES-1 at the reallly high introductory price but its still a very performant machine, same goes for the later electribes until todays versions..

formats of classical samplers? maybe not only usefull of the ownerss of classsical samplers.

emulator and. akai rack sampler file formats come to mind here..

but biggest practical use would be probably electribe conversion, since theese machines probably will stay for a while popular with people that cant afford shiny new mpc´s or 1010 products.

Best regards,
Sven

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”