W13 Crashes to desktop when saving - ideas?

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm working on a edit and may have gone overboard with plugins and routing in some way or other, because now W13 crashes every time I try to save the edit. I can work on it and render it, but I can not successfully save it. I have already tried disabling all plugins. I also tried deleting all plugins, but then it crased when I had deleted about 20 of 30 plugins. Any ideas welcome.

If worst comes to worst, I'll import the audio and midi to a new project and start afresh, but I have spent some time on plugin settings and don't want to jettison that unless it's absolutely necessary.

Strangely, W13 appears to be able to make a temporary copy, which is made available to me on startup.

This potentially could be a plugin issue. By that, I mean one particular plugin is causing this issue. I'd add them in a few at a time, save, add a few mire, and see at what point the crash occurs. That might single one out for you as the culprit.

I have this issue rarely, and usually it's Korg's Wavestation that does it. I always save before adding it to be safe and that seems to work...for me.
Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, and even Deezer, whatever the hell Deezer is.

More fun at Twitter @watchfulactual

just a thought... have you enabled/tried plugin sandboxing?
Captura desde 2024-04-13 20-03-11.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 3600 | 32GB DDR4 | Radeon RX 590 | Ubuntu 24.04 LTS - Windows 11 | Waveform 13 PRO | Bitwig 5.1 | VCV Rack 2 Free | Ardour

Thanks for the tips. I tried disabling all plugins again, and this time I was able to save. Deleted a couple of likely culprits and simplified the send/return structure, reenabled all plugins and I could save as normal. Phew. It may have been a problem with Arturia's new reverb plugin Rev LX-24 (it was the first one mentioned in a post-crash popup in Waveform, although others were mentioned in later popups) , which would be a bummer. Hopefully it it was due to my messy routing and re-routing.

BTW, the ability to disable all plugins with one click (in the plugin CPU meter / resource management thingy top right) is a big plus.

If you look in your log file (and are on Windows or macOS) it will give the name of the crash report that was uploaded. Let me know what it is and I'll look into it.

A couple of references:

13 Apr 2024 19:14:03 Crash report uploaded: Waveform 13.0.32 Crash Log 2024-04-13(4).dmp as d2000000038a6c18ed8739efe_tracktion_ARAWrapperInterfaces.htracktionengineARAClipPlayerARADocumentflushStateToValueTree87.dmp
13 Apr 2024 19:14:05 Crash report uploaded: Waveform 13.0.32 Crash Log 2024-04-13(5).dmp as d2000000038a6c18ed873ae2e_tracktion_ARAWrapperInterfaces.htracktionengineARAClipPlayerARADocumentflushStateToValueTree87.dmp

It's crashing somewhere inside Melodyne. Is there a Melodyne update you can do? Otherwise, I'll need to track down 4, I'm currently on 5.

FigBug wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:05 pm It's crashing somewhere inside Melodyne. Is there a Melodyne update you can do? Otherwise, I'll need to track down 4, I'm currently on 5.
Thanks for the info. I'll look into it.

Just a couple thoughts in case you're still struggling with it.

1. Make sure waveform is totally closed down, checking in the task manager even and then running it as administrator.

2. Open a fresh new project and start copying things over track by track. Save as you go and maybe you can see what the problem is, or maybe you get everything over and for some reason it saves and works.

3. Will it let you create an archive?
Then try and open the archive and see if it behaves differently.

inkybreath wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:14 am Just a couple thoughts in case you're still struggling with it.

1. Make sure waveform is totally closed down, checking in the task manager even and then running it as administrator.

2. Open a fresh new project and start copying things over track by track. Save as you go and maybe you can see what the problem is, or maybe you get everything over and for some reason it saves and works.

3. Will it let you create an archive?
Then try and open the archive and see if it behaves differently.
Thanks for the tips. I'm good for now, and hopefully your tips will never be necessary, but appreciated all the same.

Return to “Tracktion”