DrivenByMoss: Bitwig extension for many hardware controllers (version 23.2.1)

RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5 Maschine

Errortrax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm I managed to pin the Fire to the drum machine and the sequencer now stays focused on the last selected clip of this track, this is great! But if I select a different track, the first row on the Fire will show/launch the clips of the new track. So is it normal that the first row is not affected by the control device options (doesn't stay focused) or did I miss a setting?
You need to pin the track as well.
Errortrax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm I was also wondering, is it possible to have the sequencer follow the playhead and cycle automatically through the pages of a clip (instead of using the grid buttons)?
Currently not.

mevla wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 pm Hello. With the Launchpad, when a clip plays, its pad starts blinking and its color turns to green.

So when working with clips in a project, it's easy to start remembering which is which by the color we assign to it. And we can use familiar colors for certain instruments.

All this is lost when a scene plays. One has now to count them, which one is the Zebra2 synth ? Is it the fourth row, or the fifth - it's certainly not the color I gave it anymore !

Would it be possible to only blink a pad when a clip is playing, and keep the color it was assigned ?
Currently not. Do not fully get the issue since you are still seeing the colors of all other non-playing scenes.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:40 am
moss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:06 pm
aMUSEd wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:45 pm Just got a Kontrol S61 Mk III - I see stop is assigned to cycle between various options including param control which is good but how do I get it to control stop itself?
Simply use the play button. But you can also assign a different button for switching modes in the settings.
Ah thanks, found it. I have temp assigned it to Quantize which I virtually never use but my preference would be the Metronome button as I always have that disabled in my projects as I find it a distraction. Would it be possible to add that to the list please?
Noted.

moss wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 am
Errortrax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm I managed to pin the Fire to the drum machine and the sequencer now stays focused on the last selected clip of this track, this is great! But if I select a different track, the first row on the Fire will show/launch the clips of the new track. So is it normal that the first row is not affected by the control device options (doesn't stay focused) or did I miss a setting?
Errortrax wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 7:14 pm I was also wondering, is it possible to have the sequencer follow the playhead and cycle automatically through the pages of a clip (instead of using the grid buttons)?
Currently not.
Hi Moss. I pinned both drum machine track and device in control device options, but the first row doesn't "lock" to the track.

Thank you for your clarifying answer and your work in general

Thanks!

moss wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 am
mevla wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:34 pm Hello. With the Launchpad, when a clip plays, its pad starts blinking and its color turns to green.

So when working with clips in a project, it's easy to start remembering which is which by the color we assign to it. And we can use familiar colors for certain instruments.

All this is lost when a scene plays. One has now to count them, which one is the Zebra2 synth ? Is it the fourth row, or the fifth - it's certainly not the color I gave it anymore !

Would it be possible to only blink a pad when a clip is playing, and keep the color it was assigned ?
Currently not. Do not fully get the issue since you are still seeing the colors of all other non-playing scenes.
It's not always a 'full pack' of sessions that are in a project, at least when it starts :

launchpadPads-01.jpg

launchpadPads-02.jpg

I guess I could create empty clips in column session 7 or so to only act as placeholders for the colours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by mevla on Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

moss wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 7:28 pm
mevla wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:27 pm Hello. Would it be possible to turn off unused pads in the Launchpad Mixing mode so that it looks as clean as Session mode ? I mean, unused pads in Session mode are not light up. Can it be also the same in Mixing mode ?

Here's a photo in Mixing mode. The light blue pads are actually white, although they turned out light blue on the photo.
You mean to have the white pads in black instead?
The unused pads not having any light at all.

Do you think it's possible ? So that the mix screen does not jump at one's face with all the unused pads lit in white ?

Errortrax wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 am
Currently not.
Hi Moss. I pinned both drum machine track and device in control device options, but the first row doesn't "lock" to the track.
Ah, I see. Means that the clip would need to be pinned as well but not sure if this will fix it. Need to look into it when I find some time.

Hi,
Could I ask you if your driver takes on account, that only X-Touch Extender is connected to Bitwig ? I tried all choices but not found how to configure correctly.

Thank you very much
Petr

moss wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:16 am
Errortrax wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:03 am
Currently not.
Ah, I see. Means that the clip would need to be pinned as well but not sure if this will fix it. Need to look into it when I find some time.
It would be much appreciated if you can fix this, together with the note edit bug. Thanks for taking the time to look into it!

lisi_cz wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 am Hi,
Could I ask you if your driver takes on account, that only X-Touch Extender is connected to Bitwig ? I tried all choices but not found how to configure correctly.

Thank you very much
Petr
That only works if the extender device "speaks" the normal MCU protocol (since this is used by the "Main" device) and not the Mackie Extender protocol.

Hey, I have a feauture request. I actually altered your code myself to have the controllers act on the device in focus in stead of "first instrument" on the track for example. But I couldn't find how to get this working for drum tracks. Would it be a big hastle to implement this? That way when we use instrument selectors for live usage and put the focus on the selected instrument your scripts would work on all of them. Would be an awesome improvement for live usage.

Hello monsieur Mossgraber,

I recently added a Launch Control XL and I really like it.

I have one suggestion/question tho.

Maybe this already has been suggested but would it be possible to exchange the panning option in the note sequence mode (not the drum) for note lenghts ? I think being able to change the note length in the note sequencer could be more powerfull than the option to pan..

Since your fix, the meters on my Yamaha DM3 have worked perfectly. But, automation doesn't.
When I use the "Others" DAW Remote mode and select one of the automation modes (Read/Touch/Latch/Write/Trim/Off) nothing happens.

However, when I use the "Steinberg" DAW Remote mode, Read/Write works properly but mute automation does not.
I can write mute automation as the track plays, but the track will always start muted even if I write a mute later in the track. (This does not happen with PreSonus Studio One 6.6.0.99237, but it does also happen when I use Bome's MIDI Translator to translate HUI to MCU protocol and use Bitwig's native Mackie Control script.)

Attached are two MIDI Monitor files of the automation buttons in Other and Steinberg mode.
DC DM3 Automation Other.zip
DC DM3 Automation Steinberg.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Controller Scripting”