UAD still worth it?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

UAD definitely still worth it. Great plugins, just watch for the sales!

Even better with the Apollo hardware, for realtime tracking through the plugins, even after your computer CPU is bogged down with latency.
For Trade: UAD Galaxy Tape Echo redeem code. DM me with trade offer.

vurt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:39 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:58 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:22 pm I've been using the Warm setting with Drive under 50%. I don't see the point in buying the full version since Thicken and Vintagize are already too over-the-top for me.
I can’t help thinking the closest thing to new in this market is bloom.

This to me seems targeted at the next generation and is likely a smart move.

I jumped on the UA stuff because I like learning how things were done, what was used but can’t help thinking there might be less interest for the next ones to follow especially as newer tools make their own mark on popular music (or the newer old music replaces our old music).
"hello"
:lol:

jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 pm On the other hand, NoiseAsh has the Nuance Deviation (on everything BUT the 31002 :x ), which is basically the same thing as Brainworx's TMT. So that is a point in their favour.
Ah, I forgot about that. Model 80 really isn't doing it for me after all, so it'd be nice to get that feature in another plugin.

elxsound wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:08 pm
vurt wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:39 pm
elxsound wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:58 pm
Uncle E wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2024 4:22 pm I've been using the Warm setting with Drive under 50%. I don't see the point in buying the full version since Thicken and Vintagize are already too over-the-top for me.
I can’t help thinking the closest thing to new in this market is bloom.

This to me seems targeted at the next generation and is likely a smart move.

I jumped on the UA stuff because I like learning how things were done, what was used but can’t help thinking there might be less interest for the next ones to follow especially as newer tools make their own mark on popular music (or the newer old music replaces our old music).
"hello"
:lol:
:hihi:

Does anyone knows if they are giving 25$ thank you coupon after purchase?
They have a 39$ sale at the moment and I was thinking to snag a Helios EQ for 39$ and later when (if) they add coupon , 1176 collection for 14$(39-25) if it's possible .

They still do it, but you don't always automatically get one (though you can complain to support apparently, and they might issue you one if you didn't get one.)

jamcat wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 11:03 pm On the other hand, NoiseAsh has the Nuance Deviation (on everything BUT the 31002 :x ), which is basically the same thing as Brainworx's TMT.
It's worth pointing out here that NoiseAsh does the Nuance Deviation way way WAY better than most Plugin Alliance plugins. At least in my opinion..

NoiseAsh isn't going all crazy with it.. they give you subtle differences and subtle spread of various internal parameters/tolerances. The only PA plugins that do the TMT well are in my opinion the Knif Soma and Harris Doyle EQ, probably because in both cases the actual inventors and creators of the hardware units were heavily involved in the process and stopped the coders from going all nutty with it.

.. oh and LTL do their own TMT like thing for the Silver Bullet plugin and it's super useful and very nicely done!

As for NoiseAsh in general, I like em a lot but I'm hesitant in calling them truly authentic, at least when it comes to the saturation. It's a bit too "common waveshaper" in terms of the harmonic saturation spread. You'll notice that they are all very similar in how they saturate whereas actual hardware almost always has different amounts of harmonic distortion depending on incoming level and frequency. This isn't the case with NoiseAsh plugins.

Acustica Audio I can not really recommend as basic go-to plugins. They are way too CPU intense and the company just doesn't seem to care enough when it comes to making user interfaces that are logical. Every single plugin from them operates differently and has different sweetspots. It gets extremely frustrating very quickly. I'm almost 100% AA plugin free by now and only use a select few during final mixdown/mastering. They are excellent plugins sonically, most of the time, but the user experience of actually using them day to day is still frustrating.. and that company moves at a snails pace when it comes to improving the issues.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Guys, I need your opinion on 1176 Collection .
Is it redundant next to the 175B/176(Uncle E prefere these to the 1176 Collection ) and Distressor ?

No. Every model is a unique snowflake.

Gotta catch ‘em all!

I think of it like this: if you were in the studio, how many 175Bs would you really have? How many LA-2As, 1176s, or Distressors?

There may be several 1176s and LA-2As. But they might be different revisions.

So I try to not use the same model more than once or twice.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Thanks jamcat !
1176 is the only one I'm missing from the BIG ONES (I have LA2A Collection,175B & 176, Distressor, Fairchild Collection, API 2500, dbx160)

1176 sounds like a cleaner, tighter version of the 176. But it does offer 20:1 and the all buttons mode, which the 176 can’t do.

Milos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm Does anyone knows if they are giving 25$ thank you coupon after purchase?
They have a 39$ sale at the moment and I was thinking to snag a Helios EQ for 39$ and later when (if) they add coupon , 1176 collection for 14$(39-25) if it's possible .
I've had 2 vouchers and used them but no more after that

discogsaddict wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am
Milos wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 pm Does anyone knows if they are giving 25$ thank you coupon after purchase?
Let me get this straight - you bought a plugin , got 1 voucher and used it on the second plugin. You then bought third plugin and got the second voucher which you used on the fourth plugin ?
You bought the fifth plugin but no voucher after that ?

Uncle E wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:55 am 1176 sounds like a cleaner, tighter version of the 176. But it does offer 20:1 and the all buttons mode, which the 176 can’t do.
Understood ! Have the Pulsar Smasher which I Got for free for that all button mode(thank God it has mix knob :D )

Milos wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:40 pm
discogsaddict wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:11 am
Let me get this straight - you bought a plugin , got 1 voucher and used it on the second plugin. You then bought third plugin and got the second voucher which you used on the fourth plugin ?
You bought the fifth plugin but no voucher after that ?
No not like that.
Had an email telling me I had a £25 voucher, noticed the sale and some plugins were £29

Picked up Cooper Time Cube delay. Always liked it but you know usual UAD prices.. didn't like it that much 😅
For £4 it was a no brainer though!

A few hours later another email saying I had another £25 voucher. So bought Oxide Tape plugin, also paying £4

After that no more emails.. probably a good thing or i could have ended up buying things I don't really need. Was debating the SSL bus comp which would have worked out at £14. I do own and use The Glue though so I don't really need it

Return to “Effects”