Pulsar Modular P450/P455 MDN Plugin Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't understand the drama. A user should try the plugin on his material. If it is good on your own material purchase it, if not move on with life.

The concept of "internet knights" such as this creepy dude making up conspiracies is beyond me. Why would anyone believe this guy and not try the product to make up their mind about it? Bizarre.

For what is worth, I tried it and purchased it. I think it brings something unique to the table and the price is worth admission. Of course, this is my subjective thing.

I highly recommend people try products before purchasing. Perhaps some specific generation of people would find this as a surprise but that's literally what trial/demo exists. That is simple. It should be.

edit:offtopic

Yup. The Sidecar is still working great for me. Loving the character and sound it brings. This and Michelangelo together is like Mario and Luigi. It’s a beautiful.

It's interesting to read some posts here.
With regard to the price there is just one thing that matters to me:
Is the plugin adding something very very
very good to a mix I can't achieve with any other plugin I already have?
As a Prince fan (he used API, but not this one) and the fact this plugin emus part of the sound of Record Plant Studios, a studio where a lot of my fav records were recorded, makes this API emu attractive to me at first glance.
Btw I don't regret the purchase of IKM Sunset Sound reverbs, I use Studio 3 - "" Prince Studio" - sometimes, it sounds good on some mixes.
Contemporary mixes usually generally have a pretty high quality, so one could have done high quality mixes without this plugin before, nowadays mixing quality rarely is a big issue, even though you might find some weaker examples, surprisingly from people who are in the business for a very long time (maybe ITB is one reason or bad hearing!?). A lot of today's music lacks other skills like composing, song writing, arrangement, creativity or virtuosity, but that's a different topic.
Obviously youtubers/influencers do their job well, I read "His (White Sea Studio) review was actually positive about the audio qualities of the product".
I don't watch this channel any more, I remember his sloppy reviews, though,
sometimes reviewing a plugin on a mastered track.
And is Youtube really the place for judging sound, music is sound, isn't it ?!
Some devs have the talent to not win new customers, maybe pulsar modular is one (I remember Mixbus TV had some problem with this dev) and I could name a few more, but since you can demo almost every plugin today, just demo it and find out whether plugin is good for you or not and worth an investment. Simple as that.

I've been using this plugin since it came out, and I can only speak from personal experience, but I've had excellent interactions with the developer (Ziad), as well as Marc himself, both of whom are kind enough to be active in the GS thread. First off - this plugin has a remarkable GUI, it's truly beautiful and inspiring to work with!! The sound of the 'summing' (while subtle), affects the space between instruments in a way I find quite pleasing. I suggest you try something like Bertom EQ curve analyzer to see what it's doing on 8 ch vs. 2 ch, and to investigate how the EQ works. I've personally found the compressor to be my least favorite part - though I'll still let it kiss a tiny amount of GR just for fun - but that's largely because I tend to prefer other comps for mixbus compression duties.

For my personal use, I really like how a 0.5 db boost at 1.5k sounds. It opens up the sound in a really nice way.

The new features that have been rolled out (center image preservation, stepped vs. smooth, and the 'hammer' exciter mode) show a willingness to listen to the user base and make the product more valuable. This is my first experience with Pulsar Modular but I'm definitely left with a positive impression.

And remember - this is music making we're talking about here. It's meant to be fun and energizing! If this plugin helps you enjoy the process, move quickly, and like what you're hearing, that's what it's all about!

I would just like to start off by writing a suspiciously long wall of text praising the plugin and brown nosing the developers. I would like to ramble about how amazing the sound is. I could use buzz words like '3d', 'open' and 'unique' with a sprinkling of 'subtle' and 'soundstage' just to prove to you how professional I am and how this overpriced plugin, pushed by the gearspace brown nose brigade, is worth every penny. In fact it's about the sound, man, it's all about the sound. I will finish by urging you to try it for yourselves, as if you didn't know that already,

@mik_lo
I would just like to start off by urging you to strongly consider a medical consultation. No ramble. No buzz words. Just please go right now before it becomes too late for you to have any chance of getting your mind back to reality again.

aevang wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:47 pm I've been using this plugin since it came out, and I can only speak from personal experience, but I've had excellent interactions with the developer (Ziad), as well as Marc himself, both of whom are kind enough to be active in the GS thread. First off - this plugin has a remarkable GUI, it's truly beautiful and inspiring to work with!! The sound of the 'summing' (while subtle), affects the space between instruments in a way I find quite pleasing. I suggest you try something like Bertom EQ curve analyzer to see what it's doing on 8 ch vs. 2 ch, and to investigate how the EQ works. I've personally found the compressor to be my least favorite part - though I'll still let it kiss a tiny amount of GR just for fun - but that's largely because I tend to prefer other comps for mixbus compression duties.

For my personal use, I really like how a 0.5 db boost at 1.5k sounds. It opens up the sound in a really nice way.

The new features that have been rolled out (center image preservation, stepped vs. smooth, and the 'hammer' exciter mode) show a willingness to listen to the user base and make the product more valuable. This is my first experience with Pulsar Modular but I'm definitely left with a positive impression.

And remember - this is music making we're talking about here. It's meant to be fun and energizing! If this plugin helps you enjoy the process, move quickly, and like what you're hearing, that's what it's all about!
I applaud your admittedly naive attempt at bringing a logic and honesty based argument to a KVR thread. Please see the follow-up to your post to understand the world you have jumped into.

Lol!! Thanks for the support guys. Maybe I'm crazy to try and spread some positivity here. But life is too short, and music is too fun, to let the negativity win.

Welp, I spent 10 minutes digging through this mess of a thread to find out what *other* plugins (not Pulsar Modular) bmanic used on the audio he posted, only to find out that all of them are excluded from the PA bundle sale. :tantrum:

Which plugins did he use, if you don’t mind, please?

Wunderlich, Kirchhoff, and Cenozoix.

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm Wunderlich, Kirchhoff, and Cenozoix.
Sounds like a law firm

"Where did Pulsar Modular injure you?"

Uncle E wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm Wunderlich, Kirchhoff, and Cenozoix.
Ah thanks. :tu:

Return to “Effects”