Let‘s speculate about 5.2

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That would be great. Thanks for taking one for the team! :hug:

BobDog wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:06 pm My update plan has just come to an end, so I can say with some certainty that 5.2 beta will be released this week :)
ChatGPT: Assuming buyers would immediately renew their subscription on new release.
Please create Julia Code (statistical language) which computes the optimal release date, given the current database of subscriptions and taking past buyer behaviour into consideration. Find an optimum revenue point, with "losing as few as possible buyers back to ableton" as the subordinate goal.

catzilla wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:40 am I believe each voice has its own copy of Audio out. Summing is done after audio outs not before it so there is no 'summing voices before audio out makes it distort' thing.
Oll Korrect.

I'm really looking forward to the next update now. Whatever its focus is gonna be, there's always something interesting and unexpected in Bitwig updates.

One thing is for sure, it's always unexpected when they drop, no one ever seems to guess right...could be tomorrow, could be July!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They will throw us a bone with-in July i'm sure so they can drink Piña Colada and enjoy their vacation in peace, not that we are so difficult unpeaceful crowd :)

nowiamone wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:16 am You think there will be more than 1 full month of complete silence by Bitwig? That would be weird. I Don't want to believe that :)

Also: what's the point of releasing something at that Superbooth? Does releasing something create more traction on the market, because more articles might get written?
I usually am excited for any software/hardware news, independently from some "physical" event in some city.
I think it would be really smart to do the release at the superbooth. A lot journalists said, that it often doesn't make sense to go to such gatherings, when the products are already on the market since weeks and everybody wrote an article or produced a video.

If there is such a gathering anyway, where journalists and companies are meeting, why not use this opportunity to talk directly with the people instead of reading loud out the feature list from a website.

I really hope this is the reason, why it isn't released yet.

OdoSendaidokai wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 pm
nowiamone wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:16 am You think there will be more than 1 full month of complete silence by Bitwig? That would be weird. I Don't want to believe that :)

Also: what's the point of releasing something at that Superbooth? Does releasing something create more traction on the market, because more articles might get written?
I usually am excited for any software/hardware news, independently from some "physical" event in some city.
I think it would be really smart to do the release at the superbooth.
Smart and Marketing and Bitwig ... A contradiction. A sensitivity for customers and smartness nope. Remember the Add-ons thing that could have been solved easily ... my suggestion was: reward loyal customers by giving them a "free addon" voucher for each year of loyality... it would have been accepted and the payed add-ons had silently slipped in our lives without a fuzz.
Anyway, look at what Arturia did for their 25th aniversary. At least they took the effort to prepare a special event and product. Our highlight for the 15th aniversary was that we were asked to watch 15 years old promo stuff video...nope, that disappointed me.
And actually I couldn't care less for superbooth. Superbooth has a special kind of audience, I'm not part of. And this event/audience kind of scheds a light on the focus that the DAW is taking.

One of the slots on sooperbuth is desribed like this: "Fredrik is a Bitwig veteran and long-time music producer and performer with many releases and world tours under the name "Krumelur". In this talk concert at Superbooth24 he will present 10 techniques in 10 minutes using a software/hardware hybrid setup that combines Bitwig with Eurorack to inspire other electronic musicians."
Second slot is about Clap for Developers.

May be we get some sort of TouchDesigner integration?

gulugulufish wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 4:43 pm
pdxindy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:31 am
gulugulufish wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:14 am A shortcut/default for shorter note lengths.
If this is what you mean, there is a Scale Each shortcut which will scale selected notes by 50%
I just mean, I'd like to change the default note length to be the grid size for every new note, rather than last note. So if I have grid length at 1/16 I make 1/16 notes every time even if I stretched the last one to a bar, or a quarter note. I'd be happy if I could just hold option or control while drawing notes and it start small.
Hold the Alt/Opt key and it will use the grid size. Unfortunately, it will not memorize it, so you need to keep using the Alt/Opt until you resize a regular note to grid.
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm
nowiamone wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:16 am I usually am excited for any software/hardware news, independently from some "physical" event in some city.
Smart and Marketing and Bitwig ... ... .... ..
No real points apart "I want". "earlier in this life" and "other do it in other ways".

I am still hoping for transparent clips...for some reason not seeing the grid under the waveforms really bothers me more than it probably should, its like an ick!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

OdoSendaidokai wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:41 pm
] Peter:H [ wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:24 pm
nowiamone wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:16 am I usually am excited for any software/hardware news, independently from some "physical" event in some city.
Smart and Marketing and Bitwig ... ... .... ..
No real points apart "I want". "earlier in this life" and "other do it in other ways".
Hm, you started with speculations about sooperbuth ... It's like in tennis. If you serve a very weak first service, I return you a powerful volley return. Point, Set, Match Peter:H If you can't stand that then don't play tennis. rofl.

Its the longest I can remember when there is nothing highlighted on the web site- no special offer, no beta etc

Grid needs a bit of work: containers to encapsulate the spaghetti and make ideas reusable, i/o and better audio routing (modulating the offset is tedious), per MIDI channel trigger, note receivers (key on is tedious), FFT bins and finally open API in C to add whatever grid modules our heart could desire.

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:56 pm I am still hoping for transparent clips...for some reason not seeing the grid under the waveforms really bothers me more than it probably should, its like an ick!
:ud: me too.

Two other clip related things for me. It would also be cool if you could just drag midi clips outside of bitwig and into another daw or vst or folders like you can with audio. Exisiting midi export isn't fun :(

Also would be nice to have an option to overlap clips instead of override, there have been so many times I wanted to just throw a new midi or audio clip over an existing clip and combine the two instead of copying/pasting or routing things. Guess that might be a niche request though.

Return to “Bitwig”