False positives with "KVR Newer"

The KVR Studio Manager Public Beta
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nice start and badly needed app - but I’m seeing a lot of false positives and errors in the “KVR Newer” versions - which are not actually available on the developer sites. Some examples;

McDSP 7.2.19 (only a few McDSP plugins are at this later version - SM shows all McDSP as out of date)

MOOG Moogerfoogers (KVR version is incorrect)

SSL Natives (KVR versions are incorrect)

UADx (KVR Versions are incorrect)

MyKVR has been saying for days that Black Box HG-2 and Vertigo VSM-3 have updates to version 2.20 but no such version exists on Plugin Alliance's website. Apparently Kotelnikov has been updated to 1.66 yet the latest version on TDR's website is 1.65.

Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54 pm MyKVR has been saying for days that Black Box HG-2 and Vertigo VSM-3 have updates to version 2.20 but no such version exists on Plugin Alliance's website.
Can you send me a screenshot of this (ben@kvr if you don't want to upload it here)?

Black Box Analog Design HG-2 is 1.9.1 and VSM is 1.10.1 in the KVR product database. 2.20 is nowhere!
Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54 pmApparently Kotelnikov has been updated to 1.66 yet the latest version on TDR's website is 1.65.
I've reverted that one. I think it was an erroneous update.

Ben [KVR] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm Can you send me a screenshot of this (ben@kvr if you don't want to upload it here)?
hm.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

These are manual groups rather than a KSM device group so the red ones were manually set by you. The ones on the left are the product database entries. Click the arrow to update them (or manually edit the red fields).

Back in 2020 many PA PDB entries were erroneously set to 02.20. You probably did the manual update to match them then. They've since been corrected so now don't match.

Another false positive for "KVR newer" is situations where the product has a new release with a new major version, eg. Ozone. I have Ozone 9, 10, 11 installed yet, they all state that the latest version is 11. I'm finding this with items like Shaperbox 2, Izotope products, Analog Lab 4. The expected behavior is that it should show the latest version for the numbered product: Ozone 9 - v9.13, Ozone 10 - v10.4 ,etc. I understand there may be limits on the database that KVR does not recognize these as separate products, but it would still be nice as often times you'll need the previous product releases to remain compatible with old projects.

I've considered working on a project just like KVR SM for a while and was delighted to find it today. Thank you very much!

Ben [KVR] wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm
Vortifex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 7:54 pmApparently Kotelnikov has been updated to 1.66 yet the latest version on TDR's website is 1.65.
I've reverted that one. I think it was an erroneous update.

I've come across at least one paid plugin from a developer where the version # of the installed plugin didn't match the version # of the installer. I'm sure there are more instances where the discrepancy has to do with something on their end.

This is a great start for the app! Teething pains but it feels like it will work itself out. Thanks for providing it!

peet808 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:10 am Another false positive for "KVR newer" is situations where the product has a new release with a new major version, eg. Ozone. I have Ozone 9, 10, 11 installed yet, they all state that the latest version is 11. I'm finding this with items like Shaperbox 2, Izotope products, Analog Lab 4. The expected behavior is that it should show the latest version for the numbered product: Ozone 9 - v9.13, Ozone 10 - v10.4 ,etc. I understand there may be limits on the database that KVR does not recognize these as separate products, but it would still be nice as often times you'll need the previous product releases to remain compatible with old projects.

I've considered working on a project just like KVR SM for a while and was delighted to find it today. Thank you very much!
I've just installed and noticed this too. There are situations where you might keep an old version installed alongside the latest. It might not be straightforward to implement, depending on how KVR's database is structured, but it would be good to see the last point release of major versions of plugins.

andrew71 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:27 pm I've just installed and noticed this too. There are situations where you might keep an old version installed alongside the latest. It might not be straightforward to implement, depending on how KVR's database is structured, but it would be good to see the last point release of major versions of plugins.
I’d like this too. I have a good number of previous version plugins that I’ve either kept around for legacy project compatibility (since not all devs are careful about this) or haven’t felt the need to upgrade for various reasons.

Return to “KVR Studio Manager”