Unfiltered Audio Battalion

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Medenka wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 am No option to move the samples library. I hate having samples on my system drive!
I'm out.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Medenka wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:57 am No option to move the samples library. I hate having samples on my system drive!
Look into symlinks and junctions and stuff like this will never be a problem again

The UI doesn't look very attractive rather off-putting. As to YT-demo everything has already been said.
I see too many downsides to give it even a try, although drum plugins normally always are interesting.

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:09 am
carambo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 pm I'll wait until it's $29 in 9 months.
Who cares ?
Evidently you do. :clap:
31 posts in nearly 17 years and this was his first post in nearly two years. Strange stuff.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... alion.html

Just noticed this in the overview section:

Intro offer: get Unfiltered Audio LION synth free with Battalion - limited time only.

Trying the demo and it's quirky but I like it. Getting some great sounds. I kind of get the feeling this was rushed for release but there is a lot of potential here.

The Euclidean generator in the sequencer is cleverly implemented, and the shape parameter is neat. Strange behavior with the probability slider though (positive or negative values up +/-35 don't do anything and higher than +35 makes a flam and lower than -35 never triggers). Kind of odd that there's only one send slider for either delay or reverb - not both.

Possible bug: The distortion type in the voice section affects the sound even at 0%.

Nice there is a curve for the decay in the envelopes but there should be a curve for the attack as well. Attack behavior seems kind of weird to me (seems to also affect decay?) but maybe I just haven't figured it out yet.

The MIDI out from the sequencer shows up as a source in Cubase but does not seem to send anything. Has anyone been able to get MIDI out to work?

noiseresearch wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:41 am I feel that the name of this drum synth is inappropriate. I do not get why someone thinks that militarization is cool.
The pieces making up modern drumkits originated in large part from instruments used by military marching bands. It's about as appropriate as you can get and pretty clever IMO. :band:

jsp1979 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:18 am
masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 3:09 am
carambo wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:34 pm
masterhiggins wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:34 pm I'll wait until it's $29 in 9 months.
Who cares ?
Evidently you do. :clap:
31 posts in nearly 17 years and this was his first post in nearly two years. Strange stuff.
Impressive but this one has it beat ('scuse the pun) Also drum-related funnily enough.
viewtopic.php?p=8622337#p8622337

gentleclockdivider wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:16 am Fastest attack of 1ms , we shoud get faster if we want click-transients.
It goes down to 0 ms. Default is 1 ms to prevent click transients

The think attack goes to zero. I do believe it defaults to 1ms.

The Richard Devine demo is the sort of thing battalion is good for along with the sequencer. Making good more straightforward sounds outside of kicks seems harder than it should be.

Oops that answer was already up above.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 am
I'm out.
symbolic links?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

masterhiggins wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:38 amIt sounds like their sound designers all called in sick so they just got someone from HR to come in to dick around with it.
:hihi:

I love how 'HR' is the new shorthand for people with no discernible talents.

SLiC wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:08 pm
Dirtgrain wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:56 am
I'm out.
symbolic links?
Symbolic links are shortcuts/aliases that you can place in a location where a vst or app will look for content like samples but the shortcuts can point to anywhere like a different location on a hardrive or another hardrive altogether.

From the VST/App's point a view it just reads the file as if it's in the original location.

So for example, if Battallion is looking for samples in a directory/folder in a specific location you can move the folder to another drive and make a symbolic link to the folder and drag it to the original location. Battallion will "think" the samples folder is in the original location.

plexuss wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:49 pm
sacer wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:18 pm
me too
Demoed. I think Microtonic has met its match.
I find it nice too.
But i don't think it's really a Microtonic competitor or alternative.
Way too convoluted and feature packed, modulation is extremely incomprehensible. You have 6 modulation sources and there's no way to tell at glance what you're modulating with what (or how much).
There's 20 voices or so synth voices.
Microtonic has ONE engine x8 for everything. It also basically has a single panel.

Reminds me more of drumspillage than microtonic.

I like it tho, it makes some nice bleeps and fat kicks.
I'll try to fetch a 29 voucher somewhere.

Kiitwa wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:36 pm Richard Devine

https://youtu.be/QfPPm0hXdZs?si=zMF2Qq2Gz8kF3epB
I appreciate the Absynth shortcut on his dock...

Just had a little taste of Battalion...a lot going on there, but it looks like something good to record weird sequences out of for further mangling/slicing...like most of Unfiltered Audio's stuff. I really wish they were de-coupled from PA, though. I'd buy it with the loyalty pricing right now if i wasn't sure it could be had for $30 in another couple months.

Return to “Instruments”