Ableton 12 - Generative MIDI, Multiband Distortion and more

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Indeed. However, maybe some of these were fixes and features that didn't make the cut for a too soon projected release date. Good job nonetheless, Ableton.
Last edited by Yorrrrrr on Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ableton wrote: When the Clip View is focused, the [ALT][+/-] keyboard shortcut can now be used to zoom in and out of the MIDI Note Editor.
Didn’t know I needed that, but it makes so much sense.

Apart from that, the list is so long it needs a TOC lol. Slow down, Ableton, ain’t nobody got time for that! :help: (jk ofc, love those extensive and timely updates)

Command+Shift+J to crop a clip is another good addition! Useful after capturing midi.

They really need to stream line the built in midi tools.
They are a little overwhelming and confuzing.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

Maybe you haven't taken the time to learn them properly. They're very simple once you grasp what they do and learn the controls.

Aah so CTRL+R is toggling the returns in the future. I usually hide them when not needing, it was CTRL+ALT+R previously I think..

"In Arrangement View, when the mixer is not focused, the CTRL+R keyboard shortcut will toggle the visibility of the return tracks"
Soft Knees - Live 12, Diva, Omnisphere, Slate Digital VSX, TDR, Kush Audio, U-He, PA, Valhalla, Fuse, Pulsar, NI, OekSound etc. on Win11Pro R7950X & RME AiO Pro
https://www.youtube.com/@softknees/videos Music & Demoscene

Today I tried the new Round Robin function available only in Sampler. I am either doing something wrong or there's a bug.

For demonstration purposes, Create a Clip and set 4 for the floor kicks. So 4 hits in a clip. Drop 4 entirely different kicks in the zone editor of the Sampler, enable RR, and then select Random. For Reset set the value to None. As I said for demonstration purposes because it will be easier to hear. I am well aware that RoundRobin is for the same instrument. But drop 4 different kicks. For me to write and explain with words what I am experiencing let us assume that the Kicks are named 1, 2,3,4

Now with Random and with Reset set to None - When I press play Round robin should cycle between four kicks well randomly.

But this never happens. Here is what happens. So when I press play in a clip it cycles always the same sequence. Not random at all.

So for example every bar is 1,3,2,4-repeat-1,3,2,4-repeat,1,3,2,4-repeat,1,3,2,4-repeat,1,3,2,4

Am I doing something wrong?

You can easily hear this if you drop 4 different kicks.

My point is it is never random. Like with the 99.99.99% samplers that have random RoundRobin you can have something truly random like:1,3,4,2-repeat,1,1,4,3-repeat, 3,3,2,4 - sometimes in one bar you can even have two same hits, or one hit not being played while another is played twice, etc.

I noticed this today when I added 4 recorded 909 claps, I noticed that even though it is subtle I hear repeatable patterns within a few bars even though I set Random and reset to None.

What I am telling you is that basically even though RR is set to Random you get exactly the same hits within one bar. As if nothing is random. Am I missing something?

Another "Issue" that I have is opening sessions that contain their own (Ableton's) Mono Sequencer. Every session that contains Mono Sequencer crashes Ableton Live 12 right on the start immediately as I try to load that session.

If I manually remove Mono Sequencer to some other folder then the session loads fine (and it asks me to locate Mono sequencer by hand). When I relocate the Mono Sequencer, it is loaded correctly with the correct sequences.

So it seems to me that something is buggy with loading some (their own) Max For Live sequencers. Admittedly Mono Sequencer is really old device. Any clue?

Yorrrrrr wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 12:43 am Maybe you haven't taken the time to learn them properly. They're very simple once you grasp what they do and learn the controls.
I don't necessary agree. Some of hem are for sure, but I think the Stacks one is initially confusing unless you know its based on the Tonnetz system (and you know what that is to begin with).
Studio One // Bitwig // Logic Pro X // Ableton 11 // Reason 11 // FLStudio // MPC // Force // Maschine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgsqPA2V2k
It gets better past half the video...
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”